• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Censorship on Gaf, we are better than ree i thought

tmlDan

OP, please, seek therapy and self reflection, what is this behaviour:

jLkH8Rv.png

There are ways to get OP's points across without being low effort, abrasive, confrontational, and with improved grammar.

For example: "game is trash, message was trash fuck concord."

Could instead be: "The game didn't live up to my already low expectations. Also, some content came across as politically correct virtue signaling in game form. In conclusion, I am not terribly disappointed that Concord's support was pulled so quickly."

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Just a reminder to all new members, it can be misleading to know we're typically mostly critical of woke BS here and REE moderation. But that doesn't mean we're 4chan. There is definitely active moderation here, and no politics discussion allowed. Scrutiny is also higher when you're new. They watch how you post over time and that factors into it. Also you can check the ban page at the bottom right of any page on the site and get some examples of when they ban.

Publicly making a whining thread after a warning is definitely going to usually result in a ban unless they know you and feel its worth it to talk you off the ledge.

Frankly, most of the new members have been great so far. I see a lot of well written and thoughtful posts that could serve as examples to some of the long term residents here lol. Let's all keep that up and keep improving the content here.

Go_Ly_Dow

Been here for 14-15 years and had a 4 week ban old GAF and 1 warning on new GAF because I made a spam thread. In both moments I felt the punishment fit the crime. The mods here are a lot more lenient than most sites.

Have fun but try and speak to people on here like you would in 'real life' and carry yourself in a similar manner.

It will be a much better community for it.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

Always a good sign when folks go full retard when other folks enjoy games they don't. And then make a fuss about it when warned about their retard behaviour, and then go blow the retard meter. Gotta love it.

Cyberpunkd

good day to all, this is my first and probably my last thread, i just receive this notification:

Given by
  • Our Moderation Team
  • Today at 12:51 AM
Details of warning
Inappropriate Behavior
Warning points
1 (Expires Oct 8, 2024)
Acknowledge state
Acknowledged on 19 minutes ago
User note
Drop the constant trashing of Nintendo and Astro Bot. Talk about games you do like. This is your only warning.

so i am not allowed to speak my mind? i thought i was on ree for a second.
Can you post the specific posts? C’mon, be brave.

near

Gold Member
Just a reminder to all new members, it can be misleading to know we're typically mostly critical of woke BS here and REE moderation. But that doesn't mean we're 4chan. There is definitely active moderation here, and no politics discussion allowed. Scrutiny is also higher when you're new. They watch how you post over time and that factors into it. Also you can check the ban page at the bottom right of any page on the site and get some examples of when they ban.

Publicly making a whining thread after a warning is definitely going to usually result in a ban unless they know you and feel its worth it to talk you off the ledge.

Frankly, most of the new members have been great so far. I see a lot of well written and thoughtful posts that could serve as examples to some of the long term residents here lol. Let's all keep that up and keep improving the content here.
People think that just because moderation isn't as strict here as it use to be that it's open season to say whatever you want. There is no democracy here. Mods should come down hard and fast when they need to, we're fortunate that we even get ban explanations.

CherryFalls

Banned
Take the warning and move on, why do people take things so personally.

It's the internet, it's a game forum. Come here to enjoy the good stuff and laugh at the dumb stuff, go into the real world when you want to be serious.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Yeah, I concur with the sentiment that many have already shared. Your problem isn't that your opinions differ from others, it's that you come off as a dickhead that adds nothing to the conversation.

DAHGAMING

I Think its just because your wear that cock on your head to well, most of us are on hear slanging slander on the regs with no push back from the hip-hop police. After all its true that Astrobot is for 10yr olds and nonces, its just the way you chat this shit, rot in piss.

I have been here since 2007 and I've survived all the mods from back then and the mods that went to Ree, the mods here are just doing their jobs and if you get caught with your pants down maybe stop what you're doing.
Sometimes it isn't all about you, if a mod is giving you a warning it's because they believe if you continue someone else will snap back and they'll have a bigger problem on their hands.
They stopping you from having an opinion, they're just keeping civil conversations and a healthy community that can turn bad over stupid stuff people say.
Well said, man. I've been warned a handful of times and each time I was like, "yeah, that's fair."

Cao Cao

If you still read this I can recommend Codex for you. Can say whatever you want no ban. Best gaming forum I found so far.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I don’t remember the last time I got a warning and I criticize games all the time on here so OP you must’ve crossed the line.

Nydius

Well said, man. I've been warned a handful of times and each time I was like, "yeah, that's fair."

Same. I’ve gotten a ban and it was utterly warranted. The mods here are usually very fair and give people plenty of chances. If they choose to keep stringing up their own rope, that’s on them.

Top Bottom