• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Central Texas Community Thread of Heat, BBQ, Heat, Hail, Heat, and Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkuMifune

Banned
Not sure if I can make it with a late work thing, but I'll try to swing by after.

Think I'll need a cocktail or two to steady my nerves enough to finish Outlast.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I'll get there around 8PM, and walk in with a beer.

Someone should get name tags!

teh_pwn

I have some photos I'll review tomorrow. About to crash.

I could share by creating a flickr account or something else, or I could just put it on facebook and all that attended PM me with your facebook. Easier to remember names when you're introduced to a half dozen people with 2 different names.

It was fun. I'm up for future meetups. Independent of GAF I'm on a quest to go to all of the best Austin cuisine.

Fun times! Good meeting everyone. Thanks to Brilliant Disaster for the beers and to teh_pwn(?) for the tokens.

I also needed a night out like this. Especially after the work week I've had. :)

I will work on something with Game Over soon.

teh_pwn

Yeah, I was giving away tokens at the end.

Lot of the photos are great. There's a pocket of bad ones that are on expert P mode, but after I switched back to mouth breathing auto mode they're really crisp.

teh_pwn

Put some photos on Flickr.

56K WARNING (LOL): These are 24MP JPEG Fine images.

I just created this Flickr account, so if I'm doing it wrong let me know.

And if anyone in Austin GAF works for Google, get us a pair of Google Glass. Missed opportunity last night. Got #3 highest score with ASS initials. DSLR wasn't fast enough to setup.

Put some photos on Flickr.

56K WARNING (LOL): These are 24MP JPEG Fine images.

I just created this Flickr account, so if I'm doing it wrong let me know.

And if anyone in Austin GAF works for Google, get us a pair of Google Glass. Missed opportunity last night. Got #3 highest score with ASS initials. DSLR wasn't fast enough to setup.

They turned out great! Thanks again to everyone who came out.

Jhoan

Over at NYC, we went to Two Bit's Retro Arcade last weekend. It wasn't as massive or as varied as this place; Dave and Busters is the only thing we have that has a huge amount of diverse arcades (as well as the new Chinatown Fair without Henry Cen's management). But they did have a decent amount of pinball machines, a bunch of shooters, and two fighting game arcades. You guys all look like a fun bunch. The pictures were fantastic. Always love seeing meet up pictures; NYC GAF is camera shy so we haven't taken a group picture/meet up pictures in ages. Any way, I hope you guys have more meet ups in the future.

DaRabidDuckie

Damn, I'm bummed I missed the meetup! I was over at Arcade UFO the whole time playing Melty Blood on a friend's laptop in front of the store. I'd have been down for some gun games!

teh_pwn

Launch day events? Wait in line, or jokingly do something like this?

Thanks, I will check them out when my time is my own again. I had a Japanese roommate during my college years. He was born in the US, but his mother made sure he retained the family's Tokyo dialect. He tried to teach me when we had time, but it didn't amount to much. The wall of import Playstation and Dreamcast games in our apartment was too distracting.

teh_pwn

Anyone attending xbox midnight launch at microsoft store at domain in November?

If I don't have plans and you all meet up, I'll join. I'm probably not getting one this year but if they allow hanging around with drinks why not.

Servbot24

Banned
Can anyone recommend a good gym for someone on a budget? I'll probably be living somewhat close to UT campus. I don't have an apartment yet so maybe I'll end up with one that has a gym, but just in case.

teh_pwn

I hope I'm done with my accutane so I could have 3-4 drinks if it's going to be a few hours. I'm going to take pictures too. After all console launches are once a decade event now. Only a handful left until I'm dead!

Zoe

24 Hour Fitness at the Hancock Center would probably be the most accessible.

I go to Gold's, but there isn't one near campus.

Seth C

Depending on when this next meetup happens, I will be in attendance. I should be in Austin Sunday November 10th.

Yup. With the green headband.
01laugh.gif

kidko

Ugh, Lakeline is soooo far away. I am anxious for South Lamar to re-open. Hopefully Fantastic Fest will be back in its rightful place next year. Sony had a really neat set up at The Highball last year.

Tell me about it! I live south so I'll probably miss out on a lot of stuff this year. It's going to be a great one too. Lots of really cool indies will be in attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom