• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 5 |OT| Searching for evidence that Kentucky has ever beaten Florida

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw a quick preview for the UCF v Memphis game that said McKenzie Milton is UCF's first player from Hawaii. That was it. No other stats or anything.

andycapps

34LBvvB.gif

n1cjBcL.jpg

andycapps

Come back when they beat someone good
Who have the teams ahead of them beaten? Bama's best win is 1-2 FSU. We've played two ranked teams. Miss State looks like shit but it's not like we let them hang around. 31-3 last week and 41-0 this week. What more do you want?

They are since USC lost.

Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, who else?

The problem is Miss St has looked awful since LSU. They barely beat Note Dame. I'd say Penn St or Washington are ahead of Georgia.

E: I think they could be top 5 easily, but I'm not buying into the UGA hype til they start some more SEC play.

andycapps

The problem is Miss St has looked awful since LSU. They barely beat Note Dame. I'd say Penn St or Washington are ahead of Georgia.

E: I think they could be top 5 easily, but I'm not buying into the UGA hype til they start some more SEC play.
Who the hell have Washington or Penn State beaten? Neither one has a single ranked win.

Washington looks good though.

jfkgoblue

Who have the teams ahead of them beaten? Bama's best win is 1-2 FSU. We've played two ranked teams. Miss State looks like shit but it's not like we let them hang around. 31-3 last week and 41-0 this week. What more do you want?
To beat an actual ranked team before declaring yourself top 5. ND is fringe at best and Miss State is not a top 25 or even a decent team.

Who the hell have Washington or Penn State beaten? Neither one has a single ranked win.

Washington looks good though.

In my mind I just don't think Georgia is proven yet. They beat some decent teams, but last year people were buying into the Georgia hype only for them to lose all steam. Hell they lost to Georgia Tech last year. Calling them a top 5 team is premature imo.

e: if the playoff/bowl games were played today, they could be a top five team, but I just don't know I trust them as a top five yet

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Psh. Sure.

Beating an FBS team 41-0 in their own stadium is impressive, ion really care who it is.

There aren't 4 teams that look better than UGA does right now.

Ummm way to ignore our moxie by coming from behind to win a tough game against a ballsy Wake team.

jfkgoblue

So talk to me about the ranked wins of programs currently in the AP top 5.
That’s not how it works though, you could make the argument for literally any top ten team besides OSU should be in top 5 based on blowing out shit teams.

Anyways
Bama is Bama

Clemson is the defending champ with 2 ranked wins

OU won at OSU

Penn State and USC(well Washington now) have done the same as Georgia so why should they get jumped?

andycapps

That’s not how it works though, you could make the argument for literally any top ten team besides OSU should be in top 5 based on blowing out shit teams.

Anyways
Bama is Bama

Clemson is the defending champ with 2 ranked wins

OU won at OSU

Penn State and USC(well Washington now) have done the same as Georgia so why should they get jumped?
I don't have a problem with Bama or Clemson. Oklahoma barely survived an 0-5 Baylor team.

I hope Urban and Schiano unleash fire and fury upon Rutgers and just make Chris Ash look absolutely confused as he tends to look.

jfkgoblue

I don't have a problem with Bama or Clemson. Oklahoma barely survived an 0-5 Baylor team.
You aren’t seriously suggesting that you should be ahead of OU? They blew out a top 10 on the road, your best win is a sloppy one point win at ND. The only two teams you even have an argument for are Washington and Penn State, and it’s not a strong one because those two teams have done pretty much the same thing as you, so it defaults to them being higher.

I say this as someone who doesn’t buy in to the PSU hype at all, but you can’t jump a team when the resumes are virtually identical.

Almost every year we have early season Georgia hype and they always fail to deliver save 2012. Forgive me if I’m not ready to jump on board the bandwagon.

tebunker

Banned
There are seriously people claiming UGA isn't top 5?

Lol. Y'all crazy.

They're #6 imo

no one is saying they ain't good, but uh, App St and Samford.. Unf.. I don't buy the STATE win or beating a UTk program that can't find its ass from a hole in the ground right now. They good. Kirby has got that D playing well. I want to see them play more comparable competition like ND who they barely beat.

Granted I think yapping about rankings even now os silly. I am willing to say they belog in the conversation legitimately.

Velcro Fly

The beauty of college football is UGA has 7 or potentially 8 more games to state their case for being in the top 4 at the end of the season. Everyone in that top 7 or 8 that hasn't lost basically controls their own destiny.

The bias of not ever seeing Washington play is probably going to push them down to #6 and have PSU at #4 and UGA at #5 imo though.

I would put UGA above everyone except Bama, Clemson and OU because they have actually played people and won. However, it’s all irrelevant at the moment anyway.

Top Bottom