• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 10: The Florida Georgia Line

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I can't believe Tennessee won that.

Tennessee doesn't win on the road.

Tennessee doesn't win down two touchdowns with 5 minutes left.

Tennessee doesn't have a QB who put up almost 500 yards of offense and 5 TDs by himself.

What team was that. That wasn't Tennessee.

It really did seem like a different team. Our offense played well while our defense was poor... Wat?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I forgot to make my picks this week, but judging by how poorly I had been picking games, it looks like it wasn't going to matter anyway. :p

#9 K-State will deserve a playoff spot if they miraculously win out.

Their remaining schedule

@ TCU
@ WVU
Kansas
@ Baylor.

That's a murderers row with 1 bye week ( Kansas )

Kevtones

UCLA defense is seriously great tonight.

Yeah, and Stanford's defense is still real good. Oregon scored as many rushing TDs against them (4) as their previous 8 opponents combined.

Tyner's reemergence was huge.

I thought Mariota didn't even play well but his ability to actually run the read option completely changed the game.

It's crazy to think our lines dominated across the board.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
#9 K-State will deserve a playoff spot if they miraculously win out.

Their remaining schedule

@ TCU
@ WVU
Kansas
@ Baylor.

That's a murderers row with 1 bye week ( Kansas )

Guaranteed #1 or #2 ranking if they do.

No way MSU wins out in my opinion and the rest of the SECW will continue to eat itself alive, opening the door for a one-loss KSU to land the top spot if they win out, and deservedly so. That is one hell of a schedule.

Balphon

I thought Mariota didn't even play well but his ability to actually run the read option completely changed the game.

Tyner's long TD run was probably the best he's had in college.

Team played well all around.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
LOL. UCLA trying their best to lose this one...

IF Arizona loses, with UGA and Ole Miss losing, Nebraska could move up 3 spots to #12, despite playing like absolute dog shit without the pony we have been riding all season long...not sure how I feel about that.

If Utah could beat ASU, that would help, too.

LOL. UCLA trying their best to lose this one...

IF Arizona loses, with UGA and Ole Miss losing, Nebraska could move up 3 spots to #12, despite playing like absolute dog shit without the pony we have been riding all season long...not sure how I feel about that.

If Utah could beat ASU, that would help, too.

Not how (read: they have said/should) work this season. They said last weeks rankings will have no influence on the next weeks. So just because teams in front of you lose doesnt mean you cant stay still/move back

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Not how (read: they have said/should) work this season. They said last weeks rankings will have no influence on the next weeks. So just because teams in front of you lose doesnt mean you cant stay still/move back

Still have an AP/Coaches Poll mindset.

I love the fact that they HOPEFULLY aren't bullshitting with that mindset, though. Sounds awesome.

Oh, and you guys TOTALLY deserve to be ranked hire than us, btw. We do not deserve our ranking, despite only losing by 5 to MSU. We played like total dogshit and did not deserve to be in the game at the end, nor have we looked really solid against bad opponents most of the year. Meanwhile, you are still being penalized for an early-season fluke loss to a bad team. Since then, you guys have been on a tear... I full expect the committee to put you in the top 12 on Tuesday.

Piggus

UCLA defense is seriously great tonight.

His accuracy was off a few times but yeah you're absolutely right about the difference it makes when he can run. I feel pretty damn good about the rest of the season with a win like that. We tore their defense apart and our own defense played great after a pretty poor showing last week.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
B1aSEEUIEAAg7kZ.jpg

Hootie ain't happy

Good win for Cal tonight with the 45-31 victory against OSU. It's been a while since Cal has won in Corvallis. Cal didn't play particularly well, but it's nice to grind one out.

Top Bottom