• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 11: the SEC may have a baby dick, but everyone else still has penis envy

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Texas is in the same boat because after you guys, we only have TCU left. Both teams have 5 wins, and this is the only realistic win up for grabs for either team. Loser stays home for the holidays, winner goes to the cactus bowl.
Weirdly compelling game. Bowl eligibility at stake, we've been better the last few years, plus the whole Wickline business will create some tension.

I'll be there all liquored up and loud as hell.

That is, until our offense fails to get a first down in the first half.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
xtZW2I.0.gif

Been awhile since the last LSUFreek sighting.

FyreWulff

If any team in the nation could hold the trophy and not have it be weird then it's not a rivalry trophy.

The one they invented for our Iowa "rivalry" is blandly patriotic as well.

Nebraska-Missouri Bell was cooler than Generic Murca.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
One advantage Baylor has over TCU right now is that they still play KSU and that game is on the last weekend of the season. TCU may have a "better loss" than Baylor does, but Baylor owns the tiebreaker for the conference title, so if what they do to KSU is anything at all like what TCU did to them I think Baylor jumps them.

TCU's remaining schedule is middling Texas and the two worst teams in the conference in Kansas and Iowa State. Baylor has middling Oklahoma State, the third best team in the conference in Kansas State, and the third worst team in the conference in Tech. Baylor has more of a chance to impress with big wins IMO.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
If any team in the nation could hold the trophy and not have it be weird then it's not a rivalry trophy.

I subscribe to this belief. It should be a Badger stuffed inside a Corn Husk. I would fight for that...

Yeah! Like a fucking wooden turtle!

1050795831_ECApT-M.jpg

ag-my001

Just for fun, what are the bowl tie-ins that could produce an A&M vs. Big 12 game? If Texas does beat OSU (I'm pulling for you, gondo), is there a chance we'd meet? I see a few projections pairing us vs West Virginia, but I think they're from before our upset of Auburn.

Yeah, I don't see why you want Miller coming back next year, unless he's a backup in a Guiton situation, it's all on the Barrett bandwagon now.
Barrett will be a Heisman finalist. Urb won't say it at this point, but Barrett is starting QB in 2015, no question. You don't bench a Heisman finalist.

Brax has to know that he has no chance of being a successful NFL QB, so hopefully he'll be open to the idea of being used in some different and creative ways next season. It could help him figure out what he wants to be as a pro player.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Just for fun, what are the bowl tie-ins that could produce an A&M vs. Big 12 game? If Texas does beat OSU (I'm pulling for you, gondo), is there a chance we'd meet? I see a few projections pairing us vs West Virginia, but I think they're from before our upset of Auburn.

Using this article for nothing other than the "conference pick" column in the chart, we have just two -

Liberty Bowl - Big XII #5 versus SEC #3-8
Texas Bowl - Big XII #4 versus SEC #3-8

Not sure why he grouped SEC #3-8 like that but there you go. I imagine if Texas wins out or loses only to TCU then the Texas Bowl would disregard any and all conference standings when making their selection so they could get a UT-A&M matchup.

KingGondo

Banned
Pulled this from some website:

If No. 1 isn't in College Football Playoff

1. Sugar Bowl vs. SEC

2. Alamo Bowl vs. Pac-12 No. 2

3. Russell Athletic Bowl vs. No. 2 ACC

4. AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. SEC

5. Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl vs. Pac-12 No. 7

6. AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl vs. SEC

If Army isn't available:

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl vs. American Athletic Conference
I guess the Liberty Bowl is a possibility, although we'll be fortunate to win any of our final 3 games.

I do miss playing you guys. It was turning into a pretty nice rivalry before realignment fucked it all up.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Heh. I was away all weekend. No idea what happened in football, though I poked my nose in here a couple times and noticed a higher level of random posters being dicks than usual.

So Bama took home the Corndog Trophy?
We fumbled on our own 6 with less than 2 minutes to go. Held you guys to a field goal, which put you up 3. Drove down the field in 47 seconds and actually kicked the game tying field goal. Scored in our first possession in OT thanks in large part to a fat man making a 24 yard catch. Held you guys to a 4 and out and the ballgame.

And, yeah, there were some people here treating it like the NFL thread. I blame that Georgia Tech fan.

Edit: I forgot it's November. No wonder you're not around much. :p

Jhriad

Nebraska-Wisconsin joins Big Ten trophy rivalries

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/1110/ncf_freedomtrophy_ms_400x600.jpg[/IMG]

What the fuck is this shit? I need to know who approved this garbage so that I know who to slap. Fuck this. If there's not a trophy for the Colorado-NU series (only a rivalry for Colorado, Nebraska fans know better) or the fucking Oklahoma-Nebraska series there damn well shouldn't be any for Nebraska v. Random Fuck Big Ten team. Fucking Big Ten and your need to haul around some hunk of garbage that no one actually gives a crap about. Blegh.

Barrett will be a Heisman finalist. Urb won't say it at this point, but Barrett is starting QB in 2015, no question. You don't bench a Heisman finalist.

Brax has to know that he has no chance of being a successful NFL QB, so hopefully he'll be open to the idea of being used in some different and creative ways next season. It could help him figure out what he wants to be as a pro player.

Is he going to graduate this year? Could he transfer and play elsewhere immediately?

andycapps

Looks like Todd Gurley is going to be starting this Saturday. There were some in the media actually asking the question of whether he or Chubb would. I mean, Chubb has been awesome and will pass 1000 yards this year easily, but you don't sit Gurley. They'll split carries like they did before. I still drool at the thought of both of them in the game at the same time, but it'll never happen.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
What the fuck is this shit? I need to know who approved this garbage so that I know who to slap. Fuck this. If there's not a trophy for the Colorado-NU series (only a rivalry for Colorado, Nebraska fans know better) or the fucking Oklahoma-Nebraska series there damn well shouldn't be any for Nebraska v. Random Fuck Big Ten team. Fucking Big Ten and your need to haul around some hunk of garbage that no one actually gives a crap about. Blegh.

After the Huskers win it, we should dump it in the Platte on the way back into Lincoln. Let it it sit there, half-submerged in silt and water, to rot, for all to see as a big 'fuck you B1G what is this shit'

Looks like Todd Gurley is going to be starting this Saturday. There were some in the media actually asking the question of whether he or Chubb would. I mean, Chubb has been awesome and will pass 1000 yards this year easily, but you don't sit Gurley. They'll split carries like they did before. I still drool at the thought of both of them in the game at the same time, but it'll never happen.

There's only one ball, though.

AntoneM

After the Huskers win it, we should dump it in the Platte on the way back into Lincoln. Let it it sit there, half-submerged in silt and water, to rot, for all to see as a big 'fuck you B1G what is this shit'

See, now that would be great because after that, next year you could play for the Replacement Trophy and it would actually have a story and some history to it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I just assumed that Les blew it like always.

Alabama lined up an ineligible offensive lineman in the slot position, and the tight end was basically lined up at left tackle. The offensive lineman pretended to catch a screen while the tight end ran right up field for a big gain.

It was a pretty sweet play. Made more funny because the tight end looks exactly like an offensive lineman at like 300lbs.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
tankte.0.gif

That's because he IS an offensive lineman. Or, rather, he was. He's a converted tackle!

Yeah, he was pushing for the starting LT spot, but ended up losing to Cam Robinson, so he put back on the TE number. That was his first in-game catch ever (like ever ever, was an O-Lineman in Highschool)

Can you provide that breakdown? I'd like to read it.

Edit: Also, when is the new thread going up?

I learned that certain jersey numbers are never eligible receivers. Craziness.

I was doing the southern thing and agreeing with what you posted. Didn't come across without the southern font, though. vBulletin is prejudiced.

Tamanon

Banned
http://dystnow.com/2014/11/07/sources-jameis-winston-shaved-points/

A lot of this could be written off as a series of coincidental events, except for the fact that we just received confirmation of a Western Union transaction processed and paid out to a person named “Jameis Winston” directly before kickoff time against Louisville in the amount of $1,900. We here at DYST don’t want to make any accusations, but the facts remain the facts. Jameis Winston’s former high school teammate and current best friend (Chris Rabb) made his biggest bet ever ($5,500) on a game where Jameis played the worst half of his college career.

Hmmm

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I learned that certain jersey numbers are never eligible receivers. Craziness.

I was doing the southern thing and agreeing with what you posted. Didn't come across without the southern font, though. vBulletin is prejudiced.
Oh, no I didn't take it that way at all. I understood what you meant and how you meant it. We good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom