• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 11: the SEC may have a baby dick, but everyone else still has penis envy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turning point easily in the game was the holding call which forced msu into a fg they missed. If that td count would have been up 28-14 and game would have been over. Next play after missed fg was the 70yd td To tie it 21 all

Can it be next Saturday yet?

vZRrb5.gif

Schmitty

OSU QB made some great passes last night. He looked completely different against Penn State.

If only our offense could function we could be pretty good. PSU defense ranking is top 10 and offense is close to the bottom.

Draxal

OSU QB made some great passes last night. He looked completely different against Penn State.

If only our offense could function we could be pretty good. PSU defense ranking is top 10 and offense is close to the bottom.

He was hurt in the PSU game, but PSU's defense is better than Sparty this year.

SECpocalypse:

Nov 15
UGa > Auburn
Alabama > MSU

Nov 22
Pre-rivalry cupcake weekend

Nov 29
GT > UGa
Auburn > Alabama
Ole Miss > MSU

SEC Championship
East > West
The cheese stands alone.

.@GerdOzone: MSU DC Pat Narduzzi: "They got the ball out quick when we did pressure. It was almost like they knew it was coming..."

Hmmmmm

Piano

Banned
Coaches Poll is out

1. Miss State
2. Florida State
3. Alabama
4. Oregon
5. TCU
6. Baylor
7. Ohio State
8. Arizona State
9. Auburn
10. Ole Miss
11. Nebraska
12. Michigan State
13. Kansas State
14. Georgia
15. UCLA
16. Notre Dame
17. Clemson
18. Arizona
19. Duke
20. LSU
21. Marshall
22. Wisconsin
23. Georgia Tech
24. Oklahoma
25. Colorado State

I don't understand how Auburn stayed in the Top 10. They actively lost their game to TA&M.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
They have a season to tell their children about while going to a meaningless bowl game.

Nah, give them a major bowl game to let them get slaughtered at.

I am still bitter we had to play Northern Illinois two years ago.

I wasn't sure what Bucknuticus was implying here as well, tOSU's scouting of other teams so far has been top notch (apart from the VPI debacle).

He posted that there were reports Urbz knew something about the game during the week and as a result appeared way calmer than he normally would.

We made fun of him for this.

He has been posting stuff like this ever since, to the delight of all.

I wasn't sure what Bucknuticus was implying here as well, tOSU's scouting of other teams so far has been top notch (apart from the VPI debacle).

Nothing really, was just posting earlier int he week that media types had said urban was acting very relaxed as he knew something no one else did. Clear now he saw how to easily exploit sparty.

Just having fun, big win for this team and still super happy about the win

Draxal

Nothing really, was just posting earlier int he week that media types had said urban was acting very relaxed as he knew something no one else did. Clear now he saw how to easily exploit sparty.

Just having fun, big win for this team and still super happy about the win

I hear you (didn't even get my picks in this week as I was busy with work and an upcoming move), and I'm not happy about it truth be told. Your team is still super young, so its actually scary what you guys are going to be like in 2016.

I hear you (didn't even get my picks in this week as I was busy with work and an upcoming move), and I'm not happy about it truth be told. Your team is still super young, so its actually scary what you guys are going to be like in 2016.

Imagine if Braxton comes back next year, him and JT will be insane.

Coaches Poll is out

1. Miss State
2. Florida State
3. Alabama
4. Oregon
5. TCU
6. Baylor
7. Ohio State
8. Arizona State
9. Auburn
10. Ole Miss
11. Nebraska
12. Michigan State
13. Kansas State
14. Georgia
15. UCLA
16. Notre Dame
17. Clemson
18. Arizona
19. Duke
20. LSU
21. Marshall
22. Wisconsin
23. Georgia Tech
24. Oklahoma
25. Colorado State

I don't understand how Auburn stayed in the Top 10. They actively lost their game to TA&M.

Oh look... I got shat on by that poster, but sounds like I was right...

Here is my list, then. This should make complete sense, taking into account previous rankings and results for week 11:

1 Mississippi State 9-0
2 Florida State 9-0
3 Oregon 9-1 (should they win tonight, game is currently close)
4 Alabama 8-1 (road win, although they did not look like a top 4 team to me)
5 TCU (looking like a top 4 team last few weeks, but hard to leap frog other teams that win against in-conference opponents)
6 Arizona State (blowout of #10 ND, however overrated they were)
7 Baylor (blowout road win)
8 Ohio State (Road win of top 10 team)
9 Ole Miss (transitive logic says they shouldn't be ranked in the top 10, but obviously, real world doesn't work that way)
10 Nebraska (undeserved, but we already didn't deserve to be #13, in my opinion, and 4 teams lost in front of us.

11 Auburn (Once again, you lost to Texas A&M, you do not deserve to be ranked in the top 10.)

All that arguing, labeling of "troll" and "joke character," and your list is not substantively different that the one you took issue with, except for moving Auburn down 3 insignificant spots (and putting Nebraska in)?

That's some poor form. You could have just said "you know, I think the committee will punish Auburn a bit more than you do" and left it at that.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Oh look... I got shat on by that poster, but sounds like I was right...

Coaches Poll and AP polls are a joke. Reserve your remarks for Tuesday and if you are right, then you can refer to "that poster" all you want. As it is, this only means the polls remain as stupid as they always have been. :)

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
This season has firmly established the fact that a team's first 2 SEC losses simply don't count.

This week's playoff ranking will be interesting because, as of yet, who beats you and how many losses you have have mattered to the committee a ton, it would seem. If Auburn comes in at 8 from the playoff committee, I will eat my hat.

Btw, I will preemptively apologize to ksharp whether I am right or wrong. my qualms with his posts were less about Auburn and more about how ridiculous his opinions on other teams were. For example saying that Auburn and Ole Miss had a better quality win resume than a TCU for example. Also saying that tOSU had been irrelevant for a long time, despite being consistently top 10 for the past 3 years, going undefeated in regular season in back to back years, etc.

The SEC homerism got to me, and affected my replies, and for that, I apologize.

OSU scored 49 points vs MSU last night with a freshman QB 4 new Oline. Michigan has only scored 43 points COMBINED against MSU during the Hoke era.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Can someone explain to me why TCU is ranked above Baylor? Baylor has the head-to-head victory, if Baylor win out they will win the Big 12, and both TCU/Baylor have the same record.

Balphon

Can someone explain to me why TCU is ranked above Baylor? Baylor has the head-to-head victory, if Baylor win out they will win the Big 12, and both TCU/Baylor have the same record.

Baylor's loss is worse.

If that doesn't make any sense to you, that's only a sign that you are still thinking like a sane and rational person.

inm8num2

I guess it's because TCU's loss to Baylor came one week earlier than Baylor's loss to WVU.

tokkun

Baylor also had possibly the weakest out-of-conference schedule in the nation. TCU at least played Minnesota. Not exactly a titan, but they are 7-2 and did destroy Iowa last week. Baylor's best OOC win is against a 5-5 FCS team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom