• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 12: the Valley Shook, the Plains Ran Dry, and Sparty Clempsoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Another week of college football has come and gone, and while some teams tried to cough their season away (Alabama), even more teams actually had their playoff hopes dashed by an opponent who outclassed them (Notre Dame, Sparty) or fumbled their season away (Auburn) when Satan called due his bill.

Top 25 Recap

College Football Playoff Rankings
RK TEAM RECORD
1 Mississippi State BYE Week motherfucker.
2 Florida State Beat UVA. Whoo hoo. Oh, and Jameis Winston apparently is a point shaver on top of everything else.
3 Auburn LOLburn.
4 Oregon Beat Utah, in part because Utah didn't fully understand the rules of college football. Specifically, the ones pertaining to when points are actually scored.
5 Alabama fat_man_catched_the_ball.gif
6 TCU They beat somebody.
7 Kansas State Got beat by somebody.
8 Michigan State Clempsoned against OSU.
9 Arizona State Beat dat Irish ass.
10 Notre Dame Will not be surprised to have this loss to a Top 10 opponent to actually cause Notre Dame to move up in the polls.
11 Ole Miss Beat the Presbyterian Blue Hoes.
12 Baylor Avenged Bama's Sugar Bowl loss to Oklahoma.
13 Nebraska I think they had a bye.
14 Ohio State Meyer "knew" something. Nobody knows what the fuck he knew. But he knew it.
15 Oklahoma Loss to Baylor. And everyone is very sad by this.
16 LSU Almost beat Bama. Almost.
17 Utah Fucking morons.
18 UCLA Beat Washington. Not sure if that means much, though.
19 Arizona Will chitown ever come back to us? Not if his buffs keep playing like this.
20 Georgia Beat that up coming program, Kentucky.
21 Clemson I'm too bored to do this anymore.
22 Duke does anyone even read this?
23 West Virginia fucking Mointaineers.
24 Georgia Tech Chop blocking cunts.
25 Wisconsin Oh thank God this is done.

TOP 25

**Coming Tuesday, Maybe**

TTK's Shit.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Week 11 Hall of Shame:

Who Posted? Total Posts: 2,372
User Name Posts
mre 142
Yaboosh 110
Randolph Freelander 100
Kacar 75
outunderthestars 66
BertramCooper 63
ksharp 61
JJDinomite 61
bucknuticus 60
Draconian 55
Lonestar 53
squicken 44
andycapps 40
pxleyes 39
inm8num2 38
AlteredBeast 36
Frustrated_Grunt 35
cajunator 35
HeySeuss 33
Branduil 31
Balphon 30
Azwethinkweiz 27
Purple Cheeto 27
perfectchaos007 23
Affeinvasion 23

22 Duke does anyone even read this?

FD5dz8Z.jpg

ulua

its been great drinking the tears of LSU fans this past week. such a spiteful hateful fanbase. pretty much everytime ive tried to debate football with their fans it turns into them resorting to personal insults and name calling. typical.

so ready for MS state. i can think back to i think it was 2, maybe 3 years ago when bama came to starkville and all the MS state fans wore those "we believe" shirts because they were undefeated coming into that game. im hoping for a similar outcome.

Florida vs Jeremy Irons this week. I predict hilarity.

I also got my "This team makes me drink" shirt with a facepalming Gator. There may not be a more perfect shirt for the past two years.

ulua

Florida vs Jeremy Irons this week. I predict hilarity.

I also got my "This team makes me drink" shirt with a facepalming Gator. There may not be a more perfect shirt for the past two years.

what would you say is your fanbases' (or your) general consensus of muschamp now after the way the last few weeks have played out?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Florida wanting Muschamp out is as ridiculous as those who want Les or Richt or Stoops out.

Sign him to 10 years Florida you idiots.

ulua

i can understand the unrealistic expectations that come with a (for the most part) winning program like floridas, but i dont think muschamp is the issue, and if they do fire him i think it could send them into 2-3+ more years of mediocrity. the only (completely unrealistic) thing that id like to see happen is spurrier pull a lebron and go back to the "house that he built"

what would you say is your fanbases' (or your) general consensus of muschamp now after the way the last few weeks have played out?

The consensus is a total lack of consensus. Some are adamant that he's gone. Some are resigned to him staying. And a very select few think he's the coach of the future. Even the girl I'm dating thinks he was too loyal to jeff. And she barely understands the game so far.

I'm resigned to at least one more year. If he stops with the whole "practice is the only thing that determines if you play" thing, and Harris develops quickly, then we'll make a good run. Also, there aren't any good coaching prospects available. We can't take another assistant, we need someone who knows how to run a program. Mullen and Foley allegedly hate each other and Strong isn't leaving Texas after a year.

i can understand the unrealistic expectations that come with a (for the most part) winning program like floridas, but i dont think muschamp is the issue, and if they do fire him i think it could send them into 2-3+ more years of mediocrity. the only (completely unrealistic) thing that id like to see happen is spurrier pull a lebron and go back to the "house that he built"

It is his issue though. Injuries in practice and non contact drills means your strength and conditioning is jacked. Sticking with Driskel who deflated the team even when he had another option. Total offensive recruiting fuckups by sticking with Pease too long when it was apparent he was shit. And NFL style grinding that only worked when we had Dan Quinn to hold a 14-10 lead.

Kacar

Go bucks.

4th on wall of shame damn.

I know Minny lost to Illinois but I am worried. Hearing about possible snow and mega wind this weekend up there.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Bert - be real with me. Michigan State hasn't beaten anybody worth a lick. Michigan State's marquee win is...what, a 5-point win over Nebraska?

tOSU's putting up points on garbage like Cincy, Rutgers and Maryland. Minnesota might be the second best team on your regular season schedule before the B1G championship game.

The B1G is hot garbage yet again, and we've seen this same rodeo when a B1G scrambles out with one loss and then gets its ass whooped in a big bowl game.

As I have been saying for the part few weeks while tOSU continues to roll people: this team feels different. If given the chance, I could see them beating anyone in the top 5.

Not saying it will happen, but it appears that they are a well-oiled machine and definitely have the athletes and coaching to get them there. If they win out and don't get the chance to prove it, it will be a shame in my eyes, but I would blame the committee for taking a one-loss Oregon, TCU, MSU, Baylor, or Alabama over them. It is for this reason that they absolutely should not wait until 2025 to go to 8 team playoff.

Kacar

As I have been saying for the part few weeks while tOSU continues to roll people: this team feels different. If given the chance, I could see them beating anyone in the top 5.

Not saying it will happen, but it appears that they are a well-oiled machine and definitely have the athletes and coaching to get them there. If they win out and don't get the chance to prove it, it will be a shame in my eyes, but I would blame the committee for taking a one-loss Oregon, TCU, MSU, Baylor, or Alabama over them. It is for this reason that they absolutely should not wait until 2025 to go to 8 team playoff.

Urban has his players there now, Urban Knows
®
! AlteredBeast knows!

I do think with how good our O is now that we are on the same level with these teams. Our D needs work still though.

ulua

this season is a prime example of why it shouldve been an 8 team playoff from the get-go IMO. i cant honestly say that there is a "best" team in america based on what ive seen.

I sure hope you guys like this week's lineup of games, because Week 13 is some bullshit.

Here's the mighty SEC SEC SEC schedule for Week 13:

Legit Matchups
Ole Miss @ Arkansas
Vanderbilt @ Mississippi State
Missouri @ Tennessee

Cupcake Central
Charleston Southern @ Georgia
Eastern Kentucky @ Florida
South Alabama @ South Carolina
Western Carolina @ Alabama
Samford @ Auburn

Double-Cupcake
Kentucky @ BYE
Texas A&M @ BYE
LSU @ BYE

GAF Pick'em Week 12 Games

(THU) ECU @ Cincinnati by X
Clemson @ Georgia Tech by X
Virginia Tech @ Duke by X
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by X
Mississippi State @ Alabama by X
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by X
Washington @ Arizona by X
Utah @ Stanford by X
Auburn @ Georgia by X
Texas @ Oklahoma State by X
Florida State @ Miami by X
LSU @ Arkansas by X

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
ECU by 4
Clemson by 4
Duke by 4
Pitt by 4
Alabama by 4
Wisconsin by 7
Arizona by 10
Stanford by 4
Auburn by 9
Texas by 10
Florida State by 8
LSU by 4

ulua

(THU) ECU by 10
Clemson by 7
Duke by 10
Pittsburgh by 10
Alabama by 7
Nebraska by 14
Arizona by 4
Stanford by 7
Georgia by 14
Texas by 3
Florida State by 7
LSU by 4

(THU) ECU @ Cincinnati by 11
Clemson @ Georgia Tech by 11
Virginia Tech @ Duke by 11
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 11
Mississippi State @ Alabama by 11
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 11
Washington @ Arizona by 11
Utah @ Stanford by 11
Auburn @ Georgia by 11
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 11
Florida State @ Miami by 11
LSU @ Arkansas by 11

ulua

(THU) ECU @ Cincinnati by 11
Clemson @ Georgia Tech by 11
Virginia Tech @ Duke by 11
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 11
Mississippi State @ Alabama by 11
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 11
Washington @ Arizona by 11
Utah @ Stanford by 11
Auburn @ Georgia by 11
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 11
Florida State @ Miami by 11
LSU @ Arkansas by 11

i think this guy knows something that we don't.

cdyhybrid

(THU) ECU @ Cincinnati by 4
Clemson @ Georgia Tech by 10
Virginia Tech @ Duke by 4
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 4
Mississippi State @ Alabama by 4
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 4
Washington @ Arizona by 4
Utah @ Stanford by 4
Auburn @ Georgia by 4
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 4
Florida State @ Miami by 4
LSU @ Arkansas by 10

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Off the bye week for us as we play Oklahoma this week. Will we have any scholarship QBs ready to play? Who knows!

It actually looks likely, though not confirmed, that Mahomes and Webb will both be back.

GAF Pick'em Week 12 Games

(THU) ECU @ Cincinnati by 10
Clemson @ Georgia Tech by 4
Virginia Tech @ Duke by 10
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 4
Mississippi State @ Alabama by 10
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 7
Washington @ Arizona by 14
Utah @ Stanford by 7
Auburn @ Georgia by 4
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 4
Florida State @ Miami by 7
LSU @ Arkansas by 4

I'm surprised to see that Arkansas and Georgia are both favored in their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom