• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 12: the Valley Shook, the Plains Ran Dry, and Sparty Clempsoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Temple stands between Penn St and some crummy bowl like Quick Lane Bowl against some bum team maybe Pittsburgh? that'd be a cool matchup both us can manage to reach 6 wins

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
"Daddy, are you allowed to pass on 1st or 2nd down?" "I don't know son, were LSU fans"

9vlK1.gif

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
FauxPelini for SBNation: "20 rejected names for Nebraska-Wisconsin's new Freedom Trophy"

Nebraska and Wisconsin will play for the Freedom Trophy now. Here are other names it certainly could've gone by.

1. The Freedom Cup
  2. The Freedom Treasure
  3. The Freedom Door Prize
  4. The Freedom's Just Another Word for 'Nothing Left to Lose' Trophy
  5. Jim Delany's Hot 'N Zesty Freedom BBQ Sauce
  6. The Freedom '90 (I Won't Let You Down) Cup
  7. Frito-Lay Bag O' Freedom Fun Twists (King Size)
  8. Free Wi-fi
  9. Several Cans of Dr. Pepper
  10. The Justice Trophy
  11. The Liberty Trophy
  12. The Statue of Liberty
  13. Marcus Liberty
  14. FarmersOnly.com Bucket of Corn Meal
  15. The Big Ten West Division Participation Medal
  16. The Easiest Hardest Divisional Game in College Football Championship Banner
  17. This Shovel
  18. Gary
  19. The Don't Worry the Loser Still Gets to Play Iowa Cup
  20. [The Freedom Trophy] (placeholder until an actual name is chosen)

HeySeuss

Holy shit I made the hall of shame list. I'm kinda honored.

Maybe if I make it a few more times you'll accept me into the flock. Too bad I missed ouy on the pick ems that looks fun.

(THU) ECU @ Cincinnati by 10
Clemson @ Georgia Tech by 7
Virginia Tech @ Duke by 9
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 14
Mississippi State @ Alabama by 4
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 7
Washington @ Arizona by 4
Utah @ Stanford by 7
Auburn @ Georgia by 8
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 4
Florida State @ Miami by 4
LSU @ Arkansas by 4

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Have we heard if Clempson's QB is actually ready to go in terms of throwing? I know he's been out a while, but I've yet to hear if he is actually healthy with his hand vs just pushing him out there to play.

Have we heard if Clempson's QB is actually ready to go in terms of throwing? I know he's been out a while, but I've yet to hear if he is actually healthy with his hand vs just pushing him out there to play.

He worked with the second team and was throwing all last week in practice. Says he had no pain. This week he's running with the first team. Still says he has no pain.

GAF Pick'em Week 12 Games

(THU) ECU @ Cincinnati by 4
Clemson @ Georgia Tech by 4
Virginia Tech @ Duke by 4
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 4
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 4
Washington @ Arizona by 4
Utah @ Stanford by 4
Auburn @ Georgia by 4
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 4
LSU @ Arkansas by 4

Lonestar

Not that I assume anyone of us is going to go to the Miss State/Alabama game this weekend, but if you are, and your coming from the direction of Birmingham towards Tuscaloosa, I feel for you. Road work on one of the bridges has caused massive traffic accidents almost every day. Including one today that started around 6 am this morning, and still backed up 10-15 miles 9 hours later.

Gameday traffic + Road Work + 100's of 18 wheeler's = Bring water and food, enough supplies to last a day or 2.

KingGondo

Banned
(THU) ECU @ Cincinnati by 4
Clemson @ Georgia Tech by 7
Virginia Tech @ Duke by 4
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 4
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 11
Washington @ Arizona by 11
Utah @ Stanford by 4
Auburn @ Georgia by 4
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 4 (NOT CONFIDENT IN THIS AT ALL, WE ARE NOT A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM)
LSU @ Arkansas by 4

KingGondo

Banned
If Garman unleashes the dragon his full potential and challenges our DB's, we'll be in trouble.
The dragon has been tamed, shackled, and beaten into submission.

It remains to be seen whether Coach Gundy is our Khaleesi.

Like I said in the last thread, the only way we win is in an ugly slugfest. Our offense has been figured out.

OSU-Baylor will be NSFL.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Not that I assume anyone of us is going to go to the Miss State/Alabama game this weekend, but if you are, and your coming from the direction of Birmingham towards Tuscaloosa, I feel for you. Road work on one of the bridges has caused massive traffic accidents almost every day. Including one today that started around 6 am this morning, and still backed up 10-15 miles 9 hours later.

Gameday traffic + Road Work + 100's of 18 wheeler's = Bring water and food, enough supplies to last a day or 2.
Where at?

Good article about Drew Sharp's AP ballot trolling.

Spartan and Wolverine fans can agree Sharp is a moron. He's been doing this for years, and fans have learned to ignore his MSU/UofM/B1G hatred in the media. However, it seems others are taking notice of his vote trolling.

He was on the radio today, and I thought for a second he was going to address the very valid point, "we know the B1G sucks, it has for years, why do you have to keep reminding us?" .... and he goes on to say, "you need to be reminded because you're reminded every week on the field."

X2V0D9C.jpg

I guess I kinda know what he meant to say, but how it came out ... we need to be reminded because every week we're reminded .... such a fucking troll asshole.

Lonestar

Where at?

Story

It's on 20/59, the bridge that goes over Highway 11 (Coaling Exit/Exit 79). Traffic still drives over the 2 lane bridges, but they've moved the lanes before and after the bridges (on both sides) into the emergency lanes, and closed off the left/interior lanes. So, multiple swerve/corners getting past the bridge has been giving the large trucks fits.

B2LSvmsCQAAqEHW.jpg

Wreck is on the westbound side, going to Tuscaloosa. Gameday will be a nightmare, so as usual, take 216/11 and give yourself a few hours to get there.

Oh yeah, bear hugs between Kirby Smart and Kiffikens, where Kirby admits they stole the game :p

(THU) ECU @ Cincinnati by 10
Clemson @ Georgia Tech by 10
Virginia Tech @ Duke by 21
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina by 3
Mississippi State @ Alabama by 28
Nebraska @ Wisconsin by 10
Washington @ Arizona by 7
Utah @ Stanford by 14
Auburn @ Georgia by 21
Texas @ Oklahoma State by 10
Florida State @ Miami by 1
LSU @ Arkansas by 28

Hope we can become bowl eligible this Friday vs. Tulsa. Then again, we're likely going to the Bitcoin bowl or something. So maybe I don't give a shit about being bowl eligible.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Love the absence of Alabama in the top 4. They definitely didn't look the part on Saturday.

Looks like Nebraska dropped big? Having a bye week is killer in the league now!

jakncoke

Banned
Really funny Marshal isnt in the top 25 playoff again. Not even giving them a token victory. Would it hurt them to put them at like 23 or something lol

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Love the absence of Alabama in the top 4. They definitely didn't look the part on Saturday.
And not a single one of the Bama fans here will bitch about it. If we beat MSU, Auburn, and the East Champion, we're in. If not, we don't deserve to be in. So, congratulations on getting to gloat, I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom