• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 3: The playoffs really did make the regular season pointless.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Just heard that two of our top guards arent listed on the dress roster for this week. Not good news at all. One or both would have been starters.

Tamanon

Banned
WAT?

Fucking bullshit.

Receiver clearly grabs the facemask of a corner who grabs the shoulderpad. Defender is called for a facemask.

Tamanon

Banned
Defense is wearing down. The offense is so quickly paced that when they have those 3-and-outs, defense has to jump out there almost immediately. Annoying.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Then go fuck her.

Edit: after googling, I realize that this is from a Tim McGraw song. I hate country music.

Classic country is pretty good but modern country is beyond wretched. Hard to decide what is worse between modern country and contemporary christian.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Classic country is pretty good but modern country is beyond wretched. Hard to decide what is worse between modern country and contemporary christian.

90s pop country was awesome.

Radio country now is terrible, but there is still good pop stuff being made. I really like Miranda Lambert, Kacey Musgraves, Lindi Ortega for pop country. And then there is the enormous amount of great Americana still being made.

Lol Vtech.

Talon

Radio country now is terrible, but there is still good pop stuff being made. I really like Miranda Lambert, Kacey Musgraves, Lindi Ortega for pop country. And then there is the enormous amount of great Americana still being made.

Lol Vtech.
Blah blah trucks, God, troops, trucks, dogs, trucks, drink, trucks

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Blah blah trucks, God, troops, trucks, dogs, trucks, drink, trucks

Well yeah, the bad stuff. Male pop country is particularly bad at this point.

Those quick slants have not been working for them at all. They are open but the receivers cant make the catch.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Radio country now is terrible, but there is still good pop stuff being made. I really like Miranda Lambert, Kacey Musgraves, Lindi Ortega for pop country. And then there is the enormous amount of great Americana still being made..

Its soooooo formulaic though, they recycle whatever is immediately popular and regurgitate every new artist to look and sound like the popular thing. Right now its the fratboy twangy pop, started a few years ago by Kenny Chesney (and Tim McGraw to a degree) and now these new artists are far worse than they were.
You also have to view any music scene with some suspicion when Shania Twain was a trail blazer because she upped the sex appeal. When Reba and Trisha Yearwood were popular in the 90s, all female acts dressed like them, until Shania. Then Nashville packaged her look and sold it to all the female artists of the early 2000s. Now you seldom hear any female artists on country radio except Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood because its the fratboys that are being force fed on the air. Its really awful shit.

Top Bottom