• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 4: Jerry was a UCLA Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling Leach is going to take some fines during his press conference.

Jhriad

Considering that I got 5 picks flat out wrong (VT, Pitt, Navy, Michigan, LSU) I'm pretty happy ending up with 11 points this week. Thank goodness for MoV points.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Even though it essentially solidified a win for us, I feel for you guys on that one. It was total bullshit.

What a game though! I will admit, even I was caught off guard by what WSU was able to do. Hope we keep it up! You guys really do have a special player in Mariota. That guy does things that very few other QBs can. Really a great player.

I thought this was a joke until I checked the box score. What in the fuck?!
So, heading into the 4th it's 31-13, Arizona ball on the Cal 14.

Arizona field goal.

Cal turnover in their own territory.

Arizona td.

Cal td, 50 yd run by Muhammed.

Arizona td drive. At this point it's 38-30 with about 8 minutes still left in the game.

Cal td drive that lasts 3 min.

AZ td drive that lasts 2,.

Arizona recovers a beautiful onside kick, caps it off w/ a td drive, misses the 2 pt conversion.

Cal ball at 2:54, burns AZ's remaing 2 TO's and chews 2 minutes off the clock as they drive the ball to Arizona's 29. They miss the field goal.

Arizona's ball 0:52 left. Big pass completion to Cayleb Jones is called back due to offensive PI; AZ's pushed back another 15 yards.

1st and 25: pass complete to Nate Phillips, stays in bounds. 2nd play from scrimmage: pass incomplete to Jones on a streak. 3rd and 16: 9 yd completion to Trey Griffey on the sideline. 4th and 7 with something like 20 seconds left: 20 yard completion to Austin Hill to the Cal 47, doesn't manage to get out of bounds.

Team hustles forward to get the snap off to spike it at 4 seconds. The next play is what you've seen on Sportscenter.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
How has this not been posted yet?

deflated_oski_medium.jpg

fucking Cal was shaping up to be a decent potential win for BYU..

dammit

I was watching the BYU game and the ESPN guys picked Cal as a potential late season signature win. Cal's probably a year off from making a bowl, I wouldn't count on them as signature win caliber.

He is so small looking though.

6'4? Use lifts breh.

The era of statuesque NFL QBs is ending.

Mariota is listed at 6'4" 219lbs.

Andrew Luck is listed at 6'4" 239lbs.

Tamanon

Banned
Thank god we won yesterday, because winning at VT doesn't look so great when Georgia Tech also does it.

VT fans must hate life with two last-minute losses in a row. UNC fans must hate life because Shane Carden loves throwing on them.

jakncoke

Banned
Thank god we won yesterday, because winning at VT doesn't look so great when Georgia Tech also does it.

VT fans must hate life with two last-minute losses in a row. UNC fans must hate life because Shane Carden loves throwing on them.

Is Brewer really the best VT can muster at QB, maybe it was just yesterday. But he seemed to miss on so many throws in one way or another.

Talon

6'4" 220 lbs. is close to the prototypical size for starting QBs in the NFL. That's where Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, etc. are in terms of size. All those guys are 6'4"-6'5" between 220-235 lbs.

Cam's probably the heaviest guy in the league at the position at 245 lbs.

Mariota has the frame to put on a little more weight, but he just looks thin because he's a lean dude. Don't know if you want to put muscle on him for the sake of gaining weight. He's so elusive towards the end of plays with his quickness.

Kaepernick was probably about 10 lbs. lighter at Nevada, though, and he's still plenty fast.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, I feel like garbage this morning. Way too much alcohol. I'm 32 and my hangovers seem to get worse every year. Thankfully my wife doesn't mind taking care of me. She's the best.

desh

Gameday going to Columbia for USCe vs Mizzou.

SECSECSEC.

I thought the A&M-Arky game would have been a better decision, but maybe the fact it's being held at Jerry's world made them not want to do it.

Edit: Just looked at Week 6 schedule and depending what happens this week, it looks loaded:
Bama-Ole MIss
LSU-Auburn
A&M-Miss State
Stanford-Notre Dame
Nebraska-MSU
ASU-USC

Lunar15

Muschamp is still our coach :(

We just have to tough it out. I don't want to fire in the middle of the season, particularly this one, where there just doesn't seem like there's any good potential candidates.

Also, I have a strong feeling Driskel will not be getting all the snaps at practice this week. He will be Muschamp's sacrificial lamb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom