• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 6: Michigan Men Play Through Concussions

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
LhghqbU.jpg

So, for those of you who don't know, Michigan's QB, Shane Morris, got his shit ROCKED by Minnesota. It was like that one Snicker's commercial where the guy gets knocked out, wakes up and thinks he's Batman. But Brady Hoke doesn't give a shit about THAT. Despite the fact that Morris was stumbling around on the field, Hoke refused to pull him. Hoke's attitude on this is summed up by a pretty succinct quote:

"I don't know if he had a concussion or not, I don't know that," Hoke said. "Shane's a pretty competitive, tough kid. And Shane wanted to be the quarterback, and so, believe me, if he didn't want to be he would've come to the sideline or stayed down."​

Yep. Click here for more info: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...in-and-later-re-enter-the-game-025759920.html

Top 25 Recap

1. Florida State (34) - one week after being out-clempsoned by Clempson, FSU narrowly avoids its first loss of the season as NC States out-clempsoned the Noles. No happy, shirtless fat-man .gif this year. Fuck you, Noles.
2. Oregon (11) - spent its bye week starring in TLC's "What not to Wear."
3. Alabama (7) - spent its bye week resting on its laurels and eating oatmeal cream pies.
4. Oklahoma (4) - spent its bye week doing whatever it is you do with free time when you're in Oklahoma.
5. Auburn - beat up on La Tech. The bullies.
6. Texas A&M (4) - out-threw Arkansas' rushing attack.
7. Baylor - has Baylor played a single game this year? Seriously.
8. Notre Dame - beat ACC contender Syracuse. How are the Irish not ranked #1?
9. Michigan State - beat Wyoming. I really have nothing witty to say here at all.
10. Ole Miss - barely beat a struggling Memphis team. First team defense still hasn't given up a touchdown yet.
11. UCLA - beat the horns off the Sun Devils.
12. Georgia - squeaked by Tennessee.
13. South Carolina - lost to Indiana.
14. Mississippi State - spent its bye week polishing its cow bells.
15. Arizona State - had its horns beaten off by the Bruins.
16. Stanford - Washington Couged it against the Tree.
17. LSU - beat down on New Mexico State, but only after pulling its starter.
18. USC - didn't Kiffin to the "real" OSU.
19. Wisconsin - struggled against USF. USF.
20. BYU - spent its bye week rewatching the OG Battlestar Gallactica.
21. Nebraska - did not play. Some team with burgundyish jerseys took the field in its place.
22. Ohio State - won the "Battle for Ohio." Urban Meyer did not eat Papa John's this week.
23. East Carolina - spent its bye week relaxing after beating the tar off Carolina's heels.
24. Oklahoma State - beat TTU in the battle of Xerox Us.
25. Kansas State - crushed UTEP.

AP Poll

1. Florida State (27)
2. Oregon (13)
3. Alabama (13)
4. Oklahoma (7)
5. Auburn
6. Texas A&M
7. Baylor
8. UCLA
9. Notre Dame
10. Michigan State
11. Ole Miss
12. Mississippi State
13. Georgia
14. Stanfurd
15. LSU
16. USC
17. Wisconsin
18. BYU
19. Nebraska
20. tOSU
21. OSU
22. East Carolina
23. Kansas State
24. Missouri
25. TCU

Coaches Poll

1. Alabama (15) 1,477
2. Florida State (26) 1,468
3. Oklahoma (14) 1,442
4. Oregon (7) 1,407
5. Auburn (0) 1,313
6. Baylor 1,191
7. Texas A&M 1,172
8. Notre Dame 1,072
9. UCLA 1,007
10. Michigan State 975
11. Ole Miss 907
12. Georgia 824
13. Stanford 735
14. Mississippi State 708
15. LSU 587
16. Wisconsin 571
17. Nebraska 559
18. Ohio State 474
19. BYU 473
20. USC 392
21. East Carolina 255
22. Kansas State 253
23. Oklahoma State 216
24. Arizona State 148
25. TCU 86

Also receiving votes: Missouri 83, South Carolina 82, Clemson 81, Arizona 59, Marshall 49, Georgia Tech 39, Washington 10, Louisville 8, Duke 7, North Carolina 7, Arkansas 5, Iowa 3, Minnesota 3, Cincinnati 1, Texas 1, West Virginia 1.

Notable Games

Thursday, October 2

10:30 PM Arizona at No. 2 Oregon

Friday, October 3

10:15 PM Utah State at No. 18 BYU

Saturday, October 4

TBA Utah at No. 8 UCLA
TBA Arizona State at No. 16 USC
12:00 PM No. 6 Texas A&M at No. 12 Mississippi State
12:00 PM No. 20 Ohio State at Maryland
12:00 PM Iowa State at No. 21 Oklahoma State
12:00 PM SMU at No. 22 East Carolina
3:30 PM Wake Forest at No. 1 Florida State
3:30 PM No. 3 Alabama at No. 11 Ole Miss
3:30 PM No. 4 Oklahoma at No. 25 TCU
3:30 PM No. 7 Baylor at Texas
3:30 PM No. 14 Stanford at No. 9 Notre Dame
3:30 PM No. 17 Wisconsin at Northwestern
3:30 PM North Carolina State at Clemson
7:00 PM No. 15 LSU at No. 5 Auburn
7:00 PM Texas Tech at No. 23 Kansas State
7:30 PM South Carolina at Kentucky
8:00 PM No. 19 Nebraska at No. 10 Michigan State
10:30 PM California at Washington State

Yahoo! Presents TTK Presents GAF Pick'em

**Coming Soon**

OsZmG7i.jpg

@RapSheet 22m
Speculation looms about #Michigan & Jim Harbaugh… but sources tell me #Michigan prefers #Ravens coach John Harbaugh over Jim at this point.

Even Stone Cold Steve Austin is giving props:

Anthony-Schlegel.jpg

@steveaustinBSR 33m
Props to OSU strength coach Anthony Schlegel. That tackle was worth 5 Buckeye helmet stickers and the game ball.

@RapSheet 22m
Speculation looms about #Michigan & Jim Harbaugh… but sources tell me #Michigan prefers #Ravens coach John Harbaugh over Jim at this point.

Because they can obviously have their pick of the two.

If a Harbaugh comes and coaches U-M, good for them. But I'm still pretty skeptical that either of the Harbaughs will quit the NFL to take over a dumpster fire of a Michigan program.

Because they can obviously have their pick of the two.

If a Harbaugh comes and coaches U-M, good for them. But I'm still pretty skeptical that either of the Harbaughs will quit the NFL to take over a dumpster fire of a Michigan program.

Right?! Theres all this speculation, I know Jim is having a rough time with niners owners/players, but another NFL team would pick him up in a heartbeat.

jakncoke

Banned
SMU has been outscored 202 to 12 so far, they play ECU this week. Another 50+ pt loss incoming eh? 252 to probably 19 after 5 weeks if not worse lol

It's probably going to infuriate U-M fans when it happens, but I'm pretty sure they're going to end up with another mid-major H.C. or a coordinator/assistant from a major. I can't see an established coach, even a Michigan Man™, taking over that program when it's such a mess.

But a coordinator/mid-major H.C. could work out great for them, so hopefully they won't be too rash when it happens. Christ, look how well Dantonio worked out for Sparty.

Hoke was such an obvious bad hire that they shouldn't be dismissive of all coaches at that level.

Slo

Completely shocked that the Gophers pulled that game out. It's completely like us to surprise a team and get a lead, but it's completely unlike us to not bumble-fuck it up in the 4th quarter.

I hope we built a place to store the little brown jug in the new stadium we just built. We're not accustomed to displaying trophies.

It's probably going to infuriate U-M fans when it happens, but I'm pretty sure they're going to end up with another mid-major H.C. or a coordinator/assistant from a major. I can't see an established coach, even a Michigan Man™, taking over that program when it's such a mess.

But a coordinator/mid-major H.C. could work out great for them, so hopefully they won't be too rash when it happens. Christ, look how well Dantonio worked out for Sparty.

Hoke was such an obvious bad hire that they shouldn't be dismissive of all coaches at that level.

They need to get their heads out of their asses and forget about this whole Michigan Man thing. Why they are still obsessed with a coach's lineage who never won a national title and went 2-8 in rose bowls is beyond me. Greg Mattison would have probably been a better head coach than Hoke.

They need to get their heads out of their asses and forget about this whole Michigan Man thing. Why they are still obsessed with a coach's lineage who never won a national title and went 2-8 in rose bowls is beyond me. Greg Mattison would have probably been a better head coach than Hoke.

It's especially silly considering Schembechler couldn't even have been classified as a Michigan Man™ before arriving in Ann Arbor.

Wow it's true. The coaches poll has been wonky all season.

I understand FSU looks shaky, but they won. I don't see how you justify a team jumping them during a bye week.

ryan-ts

While you're probably right about the next coaching hire, I'm on the Jim or John-train until someone else takes the Michigan job. They're more established names then anyone else who's going to get linked to the job.

I don't know anyone who cares about getting a Michigan-man anymore.. just get rid of Hoke before UM becomes even more of an embarrassment.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I don't even know if I want to watch the replay of SCar's game. Should I? Is there anything to be gained by doing so?

I'm so glad that everyone (not just Carolina fans) is making fun of Clempson by adding the P now :p I do not appreciate your Indiana quip however, mre.

And finally, I think my favorite Gameday sign was "MADDY MAUK? NEVER HEARD OF HER."

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently one of the pictures on Nebraska's play signal board is the little kid that dressed up as Kingsbury for Halloween.

BylVcDsIIAA6aRd.png:large

If you look closely you can see where they photoshopped an Adidas logo over the Under Armour logo on his shirt.

Finally a good slate of games this week! I'll of course be watching Baylor @ Texas

Baylor's defense didn't looks so great against Iowa St, but Texas's offense has only averaged 16 points per game since David Ash went out. We're going to need more than 16 points to beat Baylor.

cashman

Banned
Watson is going to install the triple option for this weeks game. It makes sense because Swoopes is black so obviously he must be a great runner!

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Watson is going to install the triple option for this weeks game. It makes sense because Swoopes is black so obviously he must be a great runner!

Well it's true isn't it? Don't the blacks have that extra ligament in their legs or something?

Top Bottom