• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 6: Michigan Men Play Through Concussions

Enfinit

Looking at this week's games, this week should be phenomenal. Let the SEC West cannibalism begin. The 3:30 PM time slot is an absolute clusterfuck of ridiculous match-ups.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
There's one thing that didn't get gif'd yesterday: Kenny Bell hugging the Ref after scoring a touchdown. Ref was uncomfortable as fuck. Funniest damn thing.

5 ranked v. ranked matchups this week, and a handful of other good matchups. September was lame, October looks to be the unofficial start to CFB

andycapps

andycapps

He's still on Notre Dame's payroll? It's been 5 years.
Yup, the Weis blunder first infected the Domers and they're still paying for it. Dude must be quite a salesman to AD's. I hear Michigan has an opening
and a shitty AD.

I lost three mutli (parlay) bets by one leg on the weekend!!!

would have been well up for the year, instead are about $150 down now.

Great games coming up this weekend, cant wait.

Yup, the SEC West is very overrated. Or at least, the Mississippi schools are. People think they'll be good every year when they start off undefeated. Then they drop 4 or 5 in a row.

I think this year that the Mississippi schools are actually good. Its Bama, LSU and Auburn that are currently overrated.

So yeah, FSU is the only ACC team ranked this week in the AP. Yikes.

Told you Clemson wouldn't get back in!

Oh yeah. I thought we had Duke up there last week, but looks like they were 26.

Duke was ranked in the AP last week.

Wow it's true. The coaches poll has been wonky all season.

I understand FSU looks shaky, but they won. I don't see how you justify a team jumping them during a bye week.

Drop Florida State because they haven't looked like a number one
or top ten
team this year. Alabama playing or not playing is irrelevant.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I added it, but only because I had FSU v. Wake Forest already. :p

Sure, sure. Add USU v BYU (Utah State is going to get destroyed), but still leave off Nebraska at MSU. Are we going to get beat that bad? The line is only MSU -7...

I'm going to enjoy watching Rutgers put 40+ on us this weekend.

I'm so disgusted with Hoke and Brandon that I am actively rooting against this team. Sure I feel somewhat bad for the players. Who signs up to be one of thee worst teams in Michigan football history? But the more I look at this schedule the more I ask myself. Where the fuck are the wins coming from?

So now I'm just going to sit back and watch this dumpster fire of a season continue and laugh because if I wasn't laughing I'd be crying. Still going to wear my Maize and Blue proud because it's what I do but damn is rough right now.

You know your team sucks when you look back fondly on the RichRod era...

pxleyes

Banned
Lets all remember the greatest 30 mins of football in preparation for this weeks game.
http://deadspin.com/tennessee-florida-the-full-first-half-lowlight-reel-1363169710

Also SEC west is about to weed out to Auburn and Alabama and then a bunch of 8-4 teams.

Watch that video I posted to get pumped up.

You really can sum up both teams with that video. I can't help but laugh at this point. I'm just glad I'm distracted by a pregnant wife and soon to be baby. Takes the edge off.

cdyhybrid

Bye week comes at a good time if the coaches use it correctly. They're trying to run an offense that requires a skillset our QB doesn't have.

It's based around all these bubble screens and passes to the sidelines, but Miles has a long windup and a weak arm. Those passes have to get into the receivers' hands immediately, so they have space to make guys miss and time to set up their blocks.

Intermediate passing game, particularly in the middle of the field, is non-existent. That needs to be developed regardless of who the QB is. Right now it's just bombs to our deep threats or short passes to the sidelines.

They either need to tinker with the offense, and make it play to Cyler's strengths, or play someone else. Someone with the arm to make these quick bubble screens work. Someone like...Troy Williams.

Overall, great game by the defense and the punt team. A few missed tackles here and there, but that happens. Punt team made Montgomery a non-factor. Game was right there for the taking if our offense didn't lay a complete egg. No way we can compete with anyone but the absolute dregs of the conference if that offense doesn't improve significantly.

jjasper

You really can sum up both teams with that video. I can't help but laugh at this point. I'm just glad I'm distracted by a pregnant wife and soon to be baby. Takes the edge off.
I know that feeling. I spent my off day today building baby shit. Misses had her shower last weekend.

MSU looks god with Precott. Ole Miss in no way deserves a top 10 ranking based on how their season has gone so far imo.

Ole Miss' defensive line is really good. I think they will cause some problems against Alabama this week, considering that it will be a match up of Ole Miss' strongest line against Bama's weakest.

But yeah, they havent really beaten anyone to deserve a top 10 ranking. This could be the week though...

Prescott looked unbelievable against LSU. If MSU can keep that form up, they will knock off at least one of TexasAM or Auburn at home IMO.

andycapps

I think this year that the Mississippi schools are actually good. Its Bama, LSU and Auburn that are currently overrated.
I respectfully disagree. They are overrated as usual. Bama is favored by 6 currently. Debating putting a couple hundred on that. That's the lock of the week. Bama is going to expose Ole Miss.

So far Ole Miss has whipped up on the likes of Boise State, Vanderbilt, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Memphis. Not saying they aren't better than they have been historically, but they're hugely overrated and the rest of the schedule will bear that out.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Oh yeah. I thought we had Duke up there last week, but looks like they were 26.

Yeah we fucked that up. But if they can get their shit together in two weeks and beat GT, I'll take it. It would be nice to beat Paul Johnson at least once before he gets fired.

ag-my001

Ole Miss' defensive line is really good. I think they will cause some problems against Alabama this week, considering that it will be a match up of Ole Miss' strongest line against Bama's weakest.

But yeah, they havent really beaten anyone to deserve a top 10 ranking. This could be the week though...

Prescott looked unbelievable against LSU. If MSU can keep that form up, they will knock off at least one of TexasAM or Auburn at home IMO.
The Cowbells have nothing that a team would be afraid of. They may be a very competent team, but everything needs to be working perfectly to knock off a top team. I was much more concerned facing Arkansas than I am with MSU.

.@SurvivinAmerica: ABC World News Tonight just did story on Shane Morris being left in game after a hard hit to the head. Brady Hoke on same newscast as ISIS.

This is going to get ugly...

I respectfully disagree. They are overrated as usual. Bama is favored by 6 currently. Debating putting a couple hundred on that. That's the lock of the week. Bama is going to expose Ole Miss.

So far Ole Miss has whipped up on the likes of Boise State, Vanderbilt, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Memphis. Not saying they aren't better than they have been historically, but they're hugely overrated and the rest of the schedule will bear that out.

The Cowbells have nothing that a team would be afraid of. They may be a very competent team, but everything needs to be working perfectly to knock off a top team. I was much more concerned facing Arkansas than I am with MSU.

Yeah we will agree to disagree.

I am going to multi bet the line for Ole Miss and MSU. Especially if the line is at or above 7pts.

These two teams are going to rate their chances against Bama and TAM this week, they are both up and coming programmes and have plenty to prove. Plus playing at home is a massive bonus. The crowds will be going bunta if there is a sniff of a victory.

My guess, and what I am betting on, is that if they dont win in an "upset" they will both get bloody close.

Cant wait!

I guess there will be a lot of people going for Ole MIss and MSU in this thread though, this weekend could mean that it will be bloody hard for an SEC team to make it to the playoffs.

If Ole Miss and MSU win, it could be a two loss team in the West and a three loss team in the East playing off for the SEC!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
You guys forget this man's GT contract dubbed the best or worst contract of all time depending upon if you were the coach or the school...

ncb_u_hewitt_ps_300.jpg

Bye week comes at a good time if the coaches use it correctly. They're trying to run an offense that requires a skillset our QB doesn't have.

It's based around all these bubble screens and passes to the sidelines, but Miles has a long windup and a weak arm. Those passes have to get into the receivers' hands immediately, so they have space to make guys miss and time to set up their blocks.

Intermediate passing game, particularly in the middle of the field, is non-existent. That needs to be developed regardless of who the QB is. Right now it's just bombs to our deep threats or short passes to the sidelines.

They either need to tinker with the offense, and make it play to Cyler's strengths, or play someone else. Someone with the arm to make these quick bubble screens work. Someone like...Troy Williams.

Overall, great game by the defense and the punt team. A few missed tackles here and there, but that happens. Punt team made Montgomery a non-factor. Game was right there for the taking if our offense didn't lay a complete egg. No way we can compete with anyone but the absolute dregs of the conference if that offense doesn't improve significantly.

I was watching the USC game last night, and I noticed that they started having more success as soon as they stopped throwing side ways and started throwing forward. I haven't really put much into looking at if bubble screens are more about the blocking and receiver ability or the QB arm strength. Interesting to think about though.

Draconian

SEC scheduling just makes me shake my head sometimes.

A&M and Miss State at 11.

South Carolina and Kentucky in primetime.

Who made this decision?

lush

Curse will be broken this coming weekend. Not sure if I'll still be in town or not but if I'm still in Knoxville, I'll be there.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
SEC scheduling just makes me shake my head sometimes.

A&M and Miss State at 11.

South Carolina and Kentucky in primetime.

Who made this decision?

CFB scheduling in general sucks. I get that it's hard to plan ahead sometimes as you aren't totally sure of how good teams will be.

That being said just look at examples last week. That UCLA vs ASU game was at 10 PM on a Thursday. The ABC GOTW was ND vs Syracuse.

Just shit TV scheduling every week.

cdyhybrid

CFB scheduling in general sucks. I get that it's hard to plan ahead sometimes as you aren't totally sure of how good teams will be.

That being said just look at examples last week. That UCLA vs ASU game was at 10 PM on a Thursday. The ABC GOTW was ND vs Syracuse.

Just shit TV scheduling every week.
No one outside Pac12 country would watch that game no matter what time it was at.

.@SurvivinAmerica: ABC World News Tonight just did story on Shane Morris being left in game after a hard hit to the head. Brady Hoke on same newscast as ISIS.

This is going to get ugly...
Michigan seems to be digging their heels in and defending both Hoke and the medical staff. Put out a statement and only addressed the leg injury too. Completely ignored the clear concussion symptoms.

Top Bottom