• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 7: Katy Perry, Football Goddess. Everyone else, Cougin It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

We can't have it any better against LSU. Night game at the Swamp and they have no QB and their D is shite. Run D specifically is 90th. We should be able to just run all over them and throw a few passes here and there while stuffing them on defense.

If we don't beat them, then we are pretty bad.

It's going to be a typical Florida game. Ugly and low scoring. I wouldn't say any game this year sets up well for Florida.

UF has lost control of their social media. Apparently someone had a fake twitter account of a Florida Coach, and got a kid to commit to UF even though Florida wasn't willing to make him an offer. Poor kid.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
And he's suspended. Where's that bottle of bleach I didn't finish off after the Kentucky game.

His sole purpose was to continue the Fulmer backup QB curse. His work is done now.

Fake edit: volnation is already crawling with rumors of the win being vacated because the Gators played an ineligible player.

Georgia @ Missouri by 17
West Virginia @ Texas Tech by 30
Northwestern @ Minnesota by 4
Duke @ Georgia Tech by 29
Auburn @ Mississippi State by 7
TCU @ Baylor by 12
Oregon @ UCLA by 8
Washington @ California by 13
Penn State @ Michigan by 10
LSU @ Florida by 14
Ole Miss @ Texas A&M by 5
USC @ Arizona by 4

It's going to be a typical Florida game. Ugly and low scoring. I wouldn't say any game this year sets up well for Florida.

Well, yeah, "set up well" is different than "couldn't be set up any better."

I expect the same. These offenses are going to try and out-clown each other, at least in the passing game.

Driskel is rivaling Garrett Gilbert as the biggest 5* QB bust. Was Driskel also a Gatorade Player of the Year out of highschool?

Driskell went to a BCS bowl his first year and beat some pretty good teams in what was the strongest conference in the country. Sugar Bowl loss was mostly on defense. He'll never be as bad as Gilbert.

Enfinit

Between FSU's sexual assault case, crab legs, and FHRITP, and Florida's Muschamp, lolDriskel, and sexual battery case, both schools look so fucking stupid.

cdyhybrid

Georgia @ Missouri by 7
West Virginia @ Texas Tech by 4
Duke @ Georgia Tech by 4
Auburn @ Mississippi State by 6
TCU @ Baylor by 10
Oregon @ UCLA by 4
Washington @ California by 4
Penn State @ Michigan by 10
LSU @ Florida by 6
Ole Miss @ Texas A&M by 4
USC @ Arizona by 6

Draxal

BzJ0uLOCEAA51YN.png

bachikarn

I don't think burning his redshirt would be wise.

Would you rather Morningweig to be our backup?

Harris is going to be suspended throughout the investigation (something FSU wouldn't do), and it will probably take weeks. He can't practice during that time, so even if he ends up being innocent, he will be rusty when he gets back.

JCX

I really don't blame them that much. The game appeared to be pretty much over going into the fourth quarter, I even thought about leaving then. 40 degrees with rain is miserable, especially if you'd just be hanging out o watch a blowout.

But overall, the student section is kind of weak, the upper bowl rarely ever stays full, even in big games.
And the kids these days don't even row after touchdowns anymore!

Student attendance is a problem across the country now though.

JHall

Would you rather Morningweig to be our backup?

Harris is going to be suspended throughout the investigation (something FSU wouldn't do), and it will probably take weeks. He can't practice during that time, so even if he ends up being innocent, he will be rusty when he gets back.

It's a hard choice. I want Muschamp gone. If Grier comes in and plays amazing he might save Muschamp's job for another year.

Karl2177

Preseason, the thought was that we could have a good season (not a conference championship threat or anything, but a solid 3rd to 5th in conference) if two things happened -

1. the 4 JUCO DL we brought in gelled pretty quickly and were able to form some semblance of a run defense.
2. Webb didn't get hurt because there's no depth at all behind him.

In practice, what has happened is that any improvement that the DL has from last season has been equalized by terrible LB play, and while Webb has been healthy overall he has clearly regressed from where he was last season as a true freshman.

It seems like we're stuck with ANOTHER season where we feel like we can beat anybody if we would just put it all together but then we go out and wet the bed. I think we've had 12 straight games in which we lost the turnover battle, for instance.
From an outsider looking in, this season feels like Tech's worst enemy is itself. They had so many penalties in week 5.

Don't suppose you know where the Tech/ISU game is. I basically see that one going to whoever the home team is.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
From an outsider looking in, this season feels like Tech's worst enemy is itself. They had so many penalties in week 5.
...and every other week, going back for the last few seasons. Turnover margin and penalties, near the bottom of the country for a few years straight now.

Before the KSU game, one of our coaches summed it up best when he said something like "Kansas State has been winning games the exact same way we've been losing games, only the opposite."

Don't suppose you know where the Tech/ISU game is. I basically see that one going to whoever the home team is.
In Ames, in late November. Do we have something here that is the opposite of :jnc? Maybe :gata or :hoke?

Kacar

I really don't blame them that much. The game appeared to be pretty much over going into the fourth quarter, I even thought about leaving then. 40 degrees with rain is miserable, especially if you'd just be hanging out o watch a blowout.

But overall, the student section is kind of weak, the upper bowl rarely ever stays full, even in big games.
And the kids these days don't even row after touchdowns anymore!

Student attendance is a problem across the country now though.
I actually agree that its kinda a non story. I think students should stay the whole time but never really mind the older people leaving early.

Its just not fun to make fun of UM anymore and MSU looks to easily be our main "rival" for the forseeable future so I have to switch focus.

bachikarn

Georgia @ Missouri by 4
West Virginia @ Texas Tech by 4
Duke @ Georgia Tech by 4
Auburn @ Mississippi State by 4
TCU @ Baylor by 4
Oregon @ UCLA by 4
Washington @ California by 4
Penn State @ Michigan by 4
LSU @ Florida by 4
Ole Miss @ Texas A&M by 4