• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 8: Biased Pollsters Prevent America from Experiencing Game of the Century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
We're definitely better, but we play old school Big Ten football. Purdue gave us lots of trouble swinging the ball to the sidelines. We're going to run into trouble with anybody we can't bully, or with a legit passing game.

Still feels good to have 6 wins already at this time of year though.

For sure. I am thinking Minnesota will give us the hardest game of our last 5 games of the season. They took it to us last year

Glad to see ND still in the top 10, will have to be some major upsets to get to the playoffs though.

Not really. 4 teams above the Irish are SECW. At least 2 will be knocked out, and then it basically turns into a beauty contest to pick from Oregon, Sparty, and Notre Dame.

All of CFB history says Notre Dame wins that contest.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Not really. 4 teams above the Irish are SECW. At least 2 will be knocked out, and then it basically turns into a beauty contest to pick from Oregon, Sparty, and Notre Dame.

Oregon still has Stanford to play and they can't beat them ever.

Yeah but Oregon vs. SEC would get them ratings. Plus ND can't be a conference champ. And won't have as impressive a win as Mich St. but also not as bad a loss so hm.

Oregon still has Stanford to play and they can't beat them ever.

Stanford's awful this year though.

We're definitely better, but we play old school Big Ten football. Purdue gave us lots of trouble swinging the ball to the sidelines. We're going to run into trouble with anybody we can't bully, or with a legit passing game.

Still feels good to have 6 wins already at this time of year though.
Purdue's offense is much improved and getting better. They're no scrubs

I think you're better than Wisconsin and you get Ohio State at home...who knows.

Piggus

Compared to Notre Dame, nobody cares about Highlighter U. If it's about interest, then pencil the Irish into the playoffs right now.

Haha. You really think if Mariota wins the Heisman (likely as long as we win out and he stays healthy) that they'd take ND instead? Everyone knows it will be another boring shitshow just like when they played Alabama. You had Herbstreit saying, "sorry, we can't get Oregon here in time for the the second half" during that pathetic BS. A lot of people want Oregon in, and it shows in the projections by the press.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
B0VV4l1CMAAkIrJ.jpg

For whoever does the next topic. AP Top 5 in Google Maps format.

PS, I can wave at the people going by in Birmingham.

That's absolutely what I'm saying. If there's one slot open and the choice is between Notre Dame and Oregon, Notre Dame is in, every single time.

I agree, ND making the first playoff is what the broadcasters want.

Bama - Best team of the current era
FSU - Defending Champion
Miss State / Ole Miss - The Underdog fairytale - whoever wins the Egg Bowl is in
ND - Most successful team currently in div 1.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Some bowl projections have Duke either playing Balyor or Bama if they win the rest of the games they are favored in.

I say
caruso_fu.gif

And the UNC fans had their chests puffed out today, 3-4 and they are going ALL THE WAY! Please UVA, help put an end to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom