• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 8: Biased Pollsters Prevent America from Experiencing Game of the Century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
in that case, let 2 SEC teams in. I'd rather them go to an 8-team playoff sooner rather than later. 4 didn't seem like enough when they came up with it...and it's clearly not going to be enough this year.

I agree wholeheartedly. 8 teams is perfect, in my opinion. Regular season maintains the utmost of importance, 8 teams means that there will still be room for 4 other schools after the top 4 SEC schools get in.

zychi

Banned
How would you even schedule this?

32 teams, 8 games the first friday, 8 games the first saturday
16 teams, 4 games the second friday, 4 games the second saturday
8 teams, 2 games the third friday, 2 games the third saturday
4 teams, 2 games the fri/sat after xmas

2 teams, championship after a week off(like the nfl does).

name each game whatever you want to keep the stupid sponsorship

its mostly over xmas break, so none of that "these kids need to study" crap either.

real simple. more "bowl" games, more money to be made, actual winner.

pxleyes

Banned
You know what that angle shows me (I didn't see it live or many replays at this point, so I'm trying to be unbiased here) is that neither ND receiver needed to block down field for that play to be a success. The coverage was blown before that point. All they had to do was run in routes and the guy in the corner was wide open. Really a stupid penalty, but it is clear as day it was one.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
You know what that angle shows me (I didn't see it live or many replays at this point, so I'm trying to be unbiased here) is that neither ND receiver needed to block down field for that play to be a success. The coverage was blown before that point. All they had to do was run in routes and the guy in the corner was wide open. Really a stupid penalty, but it is clear as day it was one.

Lucky us!

Enfinit

Per WRUF's Steve Russell, w Missouri loss, Florida has lost back-to-back homecoming games for first time since 1945-46.
UF held Missouri to 120 yards total offense. Missouri had one offensive touchdown. Missouri won 49-13.

Teams that have held their opponents to 120 yards or less during a game have an overall record of 92-2.

The two losses both belong to to Will Muschamp-led Gators, to FSU in 2011 and Missouri in 2014.

What sort of unthinkable chaos would have to occur for an undefeated Marshall to make the playoff? Everyone else has 3 losses? 4 losses?

I say this as an alumnus... Marshall has no business being in the playoffs even if every team had the most amount of losses possible. We're playing high schools. In a playoff, it would be an 80 point blowout. As a fan of CFB, I would feel cheated if I didn't see the 4 legit best teams in American play. It would be a free bye for FSU.

The only thing that really bothered me about that play was the FSU player taking his helmet off and not being flagged for it.

Damn, there was so much douchiness in the thread reading back on what I missed. On both sides, too.

"You are upset about your team losing a football contest, what about this thing that that happened that really has nothing to do with this discussion, you transphobic racist rape-enabler!"

"What did you say? I cant hear what your saying because I make to much money and money counters are loud counting the money that i make. "

Good Lord Almighty. Get a grip, you wieners.

14 teams
#1 & #2 first round byes

Round one

3 vs 14
4 vs 13
5 vs 12
6 vs 11
7 vs 10
8 vs 9

Round two

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Round three

1 vs 4
2 vs 3

Championship game

Jameis just wins games. I've never seen a player able to overcome this much adversity in any sport.

And Mariota is all hype. Don't see him as the top rated rated QB prospect in the draft.

FSU handles ND and I managed to get 10 picks correct.

and oh yeah, UF's performance. LOL.

5f205ae0-0219-0132-0754-0eae5eefacd9.gif

AntoneM

So how did UCLA beat Arizona St?

I think UCLA had something like 4 plays of 80 yards or more (really bad tackling by ASU) and then they had a 90 yard pick six and a kickoff return. Add to that a UCLA defense that gave up a bunch of yards but not many TD's and you have a recipe for an ass-whopping. I was at that game, it was miserable.

MrJames

UF held Missouri to 120 yards total offense. Missouri had one offensive touchdown. Missouri won 49-13.

Teams that have held their opponents to 120 yards or less during a game have an overall record of 92-2.

The two losses both belong to to Will Muschamp-led Gators, to FSU in 2011 and Missouri in 2014.

It's 147-2.

ibUzgk1.jpg

Dat Muschamp pic.

I'm still fucking irate about this even after sleeping, I definitely think something is wrong with my medication. Usually even when I get pissed about things a few hours I cool off. Since being on prozac for 2 weeks its just building and building and doesn't go away.

Ugh time to make an appt. Doesn't really apply to ND I guess, but its showing me its not defusing properly or something.

ag-my001

Having had time to digest yesterday's game, here is where I stand:

Before the season started, I figured A&M would go 8-4, with losses likely to Alabama, Auburn, and LSU, with one other from somebody. After the USCe game, I let myself hope way too much that the offense was still full throttle and the defense had made big strides.

I was an idiot.

I don't think Hill is a bad quarterback, but he is a first year starter. I also think his lack of running ability has allowed opposing linebackers to focus more on disrupting the short passing game. We're not getting those quick slants and hooks with a bunch of YAC that we used to. That's led to a ton of stalled drives or worse, three and outs.

The defense is pathetic on tackling. Too many arm tackles. Positioning isn't that bad, but you gotta be able to bring the guy down.

I'll be happy now with 7-5. ULM in two weeks should be ours, and I'll hope for a win over LSU or Missouri. Both those teams are Jekyll and Hydes, so there's hope.

Staying the hell away from texags for my sanity.

TOP 25 TEAMS, WEEK 9
RANK TEAM RECORD
1 Mississippi State 6-0
2 Florida State 7-0
3 Ole Miss 7-0
4 Alabama 6-1
5 Michigan State 6-1
6 Auburn 5-1
7 Oregon 6-1
8 Notre Dame 6-1
9 Georgia 6-1
10 TCU 5-1
11 Kansas State 5-1
12 Ohio State 5-1
13 Baylor 6-1
14 Arizona State 5-1
15 Arizona 5-1
16 Nebraska 6-1
17 East Carolina 5-1
18 Oklahoma 5-2
19 Utah 5-1
20 Clemson 5-2
21 USC 5-2
22 Marshall 7-0
23 LSU 6-2
24 Minnesota 6-1
25 West Virginia 5-2 (143)

Schools Dropped Out
No. 15 Oklahoma State, No. 20 Stanford, No. 21 Texas A&M.

Others Receiving Votes
Oklahoma State 141; Duke 116; UCLA 107; Missouri 23; Colorado State 18; Wisconsin 17; Washington 5; Stanford 2.

Slo

Gophers are legit. They should be higher

We're definitely better, but we play old school Big Ten football. Purdue gave us lots of trouble swinging the ball to the sidelines. We're going to run into trouble with anybody we can't bully, or with a legit passing game.

Still feels good to have 6 wins already at this time of year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom