• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 8: Biased Pollsters Prevent America from Experiencing Game of the Century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if this is true? I've seen people say they could hear Jimbo talking to Winston, over the crowd noise at the end:

B0SBPbaIcAAeWhM.png

Yeah. I heard it after the game (thought the middle was kind of muddled). I made a THERE'S MICS EVERYWHERE post. I'm watching on a computer with headphones on so I think I can hear the little things better than someone watching on tv.

It would also be funny if it turns out the committee does not give a fuck about the SEC and only gives them one spot.

(but I doubt that)

Talon

seems sleazy but im biased.
He's doing his job - coaching a kid. Seems like a silly thing to get pissy over.

Sure, it doesn't look great on national tv because it sounds like he's telling how to be perceived rather than how to be - but it's a 10 second sound bite.

Meh.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
it's a bit sleazy, and showing that Jimbo understands he has a PR nightmare at quarterback.

But, it's better than saying something like "Try not to commit a crime on your way out of the stadium."

He's doing his job - coaching a kid. Seems like a silly thing to get pissy over.

Sure, it doesn't look great on national tv because it sounds like he's telling how to be perceived rather than how to be - but it's a 10 second sound bite.

Meh.

You're talking to a guy who used to headbutt his tv when he was 6 because his nintendo cheated in 1987.

I've been getting pissy over silly things for 30+ years.

But, it's better than saying something like "Try not to commit a crime on your way out of the stadium."

Now that I would have literally laughed out loud at.

Chumly

Girl's account is unreliable. Obviously, that doesn't get as much press... MSM agenda is clear in this case.
Why didn't Winston's buddies keep the video of the rape if it would have cleared him? Frankly it's disgusting that you defend the pathetic investigation and handling of the entire situation.

cdyhybrid

I still relish in it year after year no matter how bad they are. They always say "we'll be better next year! Because blah blah blah insert dumb reason here."

And then they lose to us and the rest of their season falls apart because they lose all their motivation after we kick their ass. It makes me lawl.
These paragraphs being in the same post is so funny.

zychi

Banned
Anyone know if this is true? I've seen people say they could hear Jimbo talking to Winston, over the crowd noise at the end:

B0SBPbaIcAAeWhM.png

it sounded like that. not-herbie quoted the exuberant part

e: it's just a coach telling a kid to chill out. nothing wrong with it. just so happens the audio of the mic caught it.

B0SBPbaIcAAeWhM.png

The audio was kind of muffled but he definitely did tell Winston to be humble. I rewound the DVR at that point about 2 or 3 times and it is tough to make it all out word-for-word.

Meier

Winston: "Yeah, I got hit a lot. But I keep getting up, keep playing football. And we keep winning."

That's a damn good quote.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Don't know if it was already posted, but I saw on Reddit that teams that hold a team to less than 120 yards are 147-2. Those two losses are both Mushcamp, tonight and to FSU in 2011. Crazy stat.

Misspelled his name but fuck it.

Stanford's offense is real bad.

Which is going to make it extra hilarious when they beat us in 2 weeks.

I don't think I realized how poor Stanford's offense is. Trying to run the clock out with 10 minutes to go while not actually running it down and just falling forward seems by all accounts kind of dumb. The fumble negates everything anyways but settling for FGs always leaves a sour taste in my mouth (though I don't have a dog in this fight).

I might have to rethink my math. SECW could get 3.

Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and the Alabama/Auburn winner could all finish the season with just 1 loss. (For example, Alabama beats Mississippi State, who beats Ole Miss, and all 3 lose to nobody else.) (Or... Auburn beats Ole Miss, who beats Mississippi State, and all 3 lose to nobody else.)

Book it.

Playoff:

Ole Miss
Miss State
Bama/Auburn
Florida State unless they faceplant, in which case Notre Dame

I think an Ole Miss loss to Mississippi State would keep them out if only because it is so late in the season and would be their last game. Unless it is a super close loss, I see another team jumping them. Same goes the other way around for Mississippi State. Basically I think the winner of that game is in and the loser is out.

pxleyes

Banned
Don't know if it was already posted, but I saw on Reddit that teams that hold a team to less than 120 yards are 147-2. Those two losses are both Mushcamp, tonight and to FSU in 2011. Crazy stat.

Misspelled his name but fuck it.
Feel the need to post the whole thing. Gives more context.

This is an amazing stat... in the last 10 years, teams that held their opponents to 120 yards of offense or less are 147-2.
The two losses belong to Will Muschamp led Florida teams. Today against Mizzou and another loss to Florida State in 2011.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
If the SEC gets more than 2 teams in the playoff, especially this year when the whole conference looks pretty damn average outside of two or three teams, then the entire country will be calling for an 8-team playoff or for all the selection committee members to get tossed out.

I fully expect to see 1 SEC team, Oregon, FSU and either Michigan St, Ohio St or Nebraska.

If the SEC gets more than 2 teams in the playoff, especially this year when the whole conference looks pretty damn average outside of two or three teams, then the entire country will be calling for an 8-team playoff or for all the selection committee members to get tossed out.

I fully expect to see 1 SEC team, Oregon, FSU and either Michigan St, Ohio St or Nebraska.

in that case, let 2 SEC teams in. I'd rather them go to an 8-team playoff sooner rather than later. 4 didn't seem like enough when they came up with it...and it's clearly not going to be enough this year.

zychi

Banned
in that case, let 2 SEC teams in. I'd rather them go to an 8-team playoff sooner rather than later. 4 didn't seem like enough when they came up with it...and it's clearly not going to be enough this year.

they really need to just go full march madness in december and january. take xmas off. play games friday and saturday every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom