• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFBWeek5: Clempsoning | klmsneng | Verb | to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
OsZmG7i.jpg

hloomJR.png

Another week of college football has passed, and another week of epic Clempsoning across the land. Forget sending troops to Africa to help contain this Ebola outbreak, Obama needs to keep the troops home and try to stamp out this virulent outbreak of Clempsoning.

Top 25 Recap:

1. Florida State - attempted to Clempson, but saved by Clempson's actual Clempsoning.
2. Oregon - attempted to Clempson (or it's West Coast variety, Coug it)
3. Alabama - attempted to Clempson with four turnovers. Thankfully, Gata is so bad that even Alabama's Clempsoning didn't really matter.
4. Oklahoma - attempted to Clempson against an over-matched WVU team.
5. Auburn - actually DID Clempson, but won because Kansas State Clempsoned harder.
6. Texas A&M - beat SMU. Big win, Aggies. Great job.
7. Baylor - did not Clempson against BYE.
8. LSU - LOL. Totally Clempsoned.
9. Notre Dame - did not Clempson against BYE.
10. Ole Miss - did not Clempson against BYE.
11. Michigan State - beat EMU. A win to write home to your mother about. Good job, Sparty.
12. UCLA - did not Clempson against BYE.
13. Georgia - did not Clempson against BYE.
14. South Carolina - almost Clempsoned against Vandy. But then Vandy, Vandied.
15. Arizona State - did not Clempson against BYE.
16. Stanford - did not Clempson against BYE.
17. USC - did not Clempson against BYE. Why are they still ranked? They lost to Boston College. Boston. College.
18. Missouri - Even Clempson is embarrassed by how bad Missouri Clempsoned against Indiana.
19. Wisconsin - Beat Bowling Green. Whoopdie-fucking-do.
20. Kansas State - Out-Clempsoned Auburn.
21. BYU - Tried really hard to Clempson against Virginia. Yes, that Virginia.
22. Clemson - Clempsoned
23. Ohio State - did not Clempson against BYE, but Clempsoned vicariously as Virginia Tech lost to Georgia Tech.
24. Nebraska - maybe Miami Clempsoned? I don't know. I don't know anything about this game. Nebraska won.
25. Oklahoma State - did not Clempson against BYE.

Knightro's Road to the National Championship

**Coming Soon**

AP Poll

1. Florida State (34)
2. Oregon (11)
3. Alabama (7)
4. Oklahoma (4)
5. Auburn
6. Texas A&M (4)
7. Baylor
8. Notre Dame
9. Michigan State
10. Ole Miss
11. UCLA
12. Georgia
13. South Carolina
14. Mississippi State
15. Arizona State
16. Stanford
17. LSU
18. USC
19. Wisconsin
20. BYU
21. Nebraska
22. Ohio State
23. East Carolina
24. Oklahoma State
25. Kansas State

Coaches Poll
1. Florida State (36)
2. Alabama (11)
3. Oklahoma (12)
4. Oregon (3)
5. Auburn
6. Baylor
7. Texas A&M
8. Notre Dame
9. Michigan State
10. UCLA
11. Ole Miss
12. Arizona State
13. Georgia
14. Stanford
15. South Carolina
16. Mississippi State
17. Wisconsin
18. LSU
19. Nebraska
20. Ohio State
21. BYU
22. USC
23. Duke
24. East Carolina
25. Kansas State

Notable Games

This is pretty much another week of uninteresting match-ups. Never fear, though. If you need motivation to tune in this weekend, just watch ESPN or your favorite conference-specific network to get hyped up over these mostly meaningless match-ups.

Thursday, September 25

7:30 PM Texas Tech at No. 24 Oklahoma State - Battle of the copier. Winner gets to lay claim to the name Xerox U. The loser has to rename themselves Ricoh U.
10:00 PM No. 11 UCLA at No. 15 Arizona State - The only match-up this week between ranked teams! And of course it doesn't fucking start until 10:00 Eastern.

Saturday, September 27

3:30 PM No. 1 Florida State at North Carolina State - Can NC State recreate the magic from two-years ago that led to the creation of the single most epic shirtless-fat-guy-waving-a-towel gif? No. FSU is going to cream the Wolfpack.
3:30 PM Arkansas vs. No. 6 Texas A&M - Neither team really has a defense. Arkansas runs the ball. A&M passes. Should be a track meet.
4:00 PM Colorado at California - TROLOLOLOLOL
6:00 PM Cincinnati at No. 22 Ohio State - Cincinnati has a former SEC coach, so if tOSU beats 'Nati then it's practically the same thing as beating a real SEC team! Right?
7:00 PM North Carolina at Clemson - Clempson 2 - Clempson Harder. Two incompetent teams each trying desperately to give the game to their opponent. Who wants to lose more?!
7:30 PM Duke at Miami (FL) - I'm sure on some level this game is meaningful, so here it sits on the list.
8:00 PM Washington State at Utah - Wazzu almost beat Oregon. Utah actually beat the storied Meechigan Wolverines at the Big House. This is a game featuring two sure fire, up and coming programs. Don't miss it!
9:00 PM Illinois at No. 21 Nebraska - B1G Game of the Week!
10:30 PM Oregon State at No. 18 USC - What will happen to USC in the polls next week? Will they fall further with a win or a loss?

Yahoo! Presents TTK Presents GAF's CFB Pick'em

(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) UCLA @ Arizona State by X
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by X
Maryland @ Indiana by X
Florida State @ NC State by X
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by X
Minnesota @ Michigan by X
Stanford @ Washington by X
Missouri @ South Carolina by X
Duke @ Miami by X
Washington State @ Utah by X
Illinois @ Nebraska by X
Oregon State @ USC by X

Lunar15

Man, that guy's face was terrifying. Thanks for showing it to me again!

On Florida/Bama: I don't think any of us expected a win, but man that 21 points really isn't indicative of how bad our offense was. You could potentially say that we're marginally better on offense than last year, except now we don't even have a great defense. Muschamp gonna Muschamp. As I said in the last thread, I don't see Driskel getting all the snaps this week at practice. Harris is probably being considered as an option. Is this a good idea? Probably not, but Mushchamp has to do something to energize the offense.

On Clempson: I was watching the game with some extremely nervous FSU fans and I assured them that the 4th quarter would be full of Clempson being Clempson. I was right.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Coaches Poll

1. Florida State (36)
2. Alabama (11)
3. Oklahoma (12)
4. Oregon (3)
5. Auburn
6. Baylor
7. Texas A&M
8. Notre Dame
9. Michigan State
10. UCLA
11. Ole Miss
12. Arizona State
13. Georgia
14. Stanford
15. South Carolina
16. Mississippi State
17. Wisconsin
18. LSU
19. Nebraska
20. Ohio State
21. BYU
22. USC
23. Duke
24. East Carolina
25. Kansas State

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Coaches poll is out, lol.

Get ready for 15th ranked USCe taking on unranked Missouri on Gameday this week. Check your local listings for people who give a shit about that game.

Enfinit

Notre Dame's in the top ten. Hopefully it'll hold out so we can get GameDay back in Tallahassee.

Get ready for 15th ranked USCe taking on unranked Missouri on Gameday this week. Check your local listings for people who give a shit about that game.
Isn't that where the SEC pre-game show is going to be? I heard ESPN trieS not to have the SEC show and GameDay in the same location. Why wouldn't GameDay be the Arizona State vs. UCLA game?

Oh, wait, SECSECSEC?

Mid year firings are rarely beneficial for any team outside of USC last year, but then again, firing Kiffikens at any time is a good idea. Absorb the bad year and throw a bunch of money at a coach in the off-season.

They'll likely keep him (Hoke) around so fans like me going all "Fire Hoke" is borderline meaningless to begin with, but I have a really hard time seeing how this team could do any worse with Nuss or Mattison doing the intern thing. I mean they're headed for 3-9 at this rate fuck's sake. And, honestly, what does Hoke even do?

He's really, really bad. My UM fan neighbor is despondent.

Every remaining game on their schedule is losable.

Yup.

ryseing

Notre Dame's in the top ten. Hopefully it'll hold out so we can get GameDay back in Tallahassee.

Isn't that where the SEC pre-game show is going to be? I heard ESPN trieS not to have the SEC show and GameDay in the same location. Why wouldn't GameDay be the Arizona State vs. UCLA game?

Oh, wait, SECSECSEC?

ASU game is on Thursday.

KingGondo

Banned
They'll likely keep him (Hoke) around so fans like me going all "Fire Hoke" is borderline meaningless to begin with, but I have a really hard time seeing how this team could do any worse with Nuss or Mattison doing the intern thing. I mean they're headed for 3-9 at this rate fuck's sake. And, honestly, what does Hoke even do?
Hey now, give him some credit. He's probably the best coach in the country when it comes to clapping and patting helmets and butts.

ag-my001

I'm a little concerned with Kyle Allen. He hasn't impressed me at all when playing in the second half this year. Last year there were times when Manziel had to come out for a series or two, and when the backup came in, we suffered. I'm convinced we would have beaten Auburn without the two missed drives.

Basically, Kenny Hill better stay healthy.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I have to admit that I've never seen Clemson Clempson quite the way they Clempson'd last night. Even the Auburn game in 2010...

Oh hey look who's number 23 in the Coaches Poll! Course we have played nobody and next weeks game vs the U could be bad news bears.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I have to admit that I've never seen Clemson Clemson quite the way they Clemson'd last night. Even the Auburn game in 2010...

Oh hey look who's number 23 in the Coaches Poll! Course we have played nobody and next weeks game vs the U could be bad news bears.

The U is the worst they have been since they got all their scholarships back. Golden has them in real bad shape.

Subitai

(THU) UCLA @ Arizona State by 4

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 10
Maryland @ Indiana by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 4
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 10
Minnesota @ Michigan by 4
Stanford @ Washington by 6
Missouri @ South Carolina by 4
Duke @ Miami by 4
Washington State @ Utah by 4
Illinois @ Nebraska by 17
Oregon State @ USC by 6

About time ECU got some love by pollsters. UCF better watch out.
You're going down Northwestern
Hopefully the line will have some success blocking for the run game again. Also, it would be bad if NW decides to figure out their problems this week.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The U is the worst they have been since they got all their scholarships back. Golden has them in real bad shape.

Our defense has been Meh since Brown was hurt so I'm not sure we could stop Johnson, but he's not what he was two seasons ago. Still, he can go ad they will want revenge. The next 4 games will be Duke's toughest stretch I think.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Huskers are 4-0 going into conference play. Only Penn State and Nebraska are unbeaten in B1G. Feels good man. Bring on the Illini!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

AP Poll

1. Florida State (34)
2. Oregon (11)
3. Alabama (7)
4. Oklahoma (4)
5. Auburn
6. Texas A&M (4)
7. Baylor
8. Notre Dame
9. Michigan State
10. Ole Miss
11. UCLA
12. Georgia
13. South Carolina
14. Mississippi State
15. Arizona State
16. Stanford
17. LSU
18. USC
19. Wisconsin
20. BYU
21. Nebraska
22. Ohio State
23. East Carolina
24. Oklahoma State
25. Kansas State

By the way, I didn't get a chance to answer this last thread:

Does ttk grab our predictions right after we post them, so we need to note updates? Obviously we can't update once the actual games start, but I wasn't sure.

I pull the picks once the games start. So feel free to update until then, no need to notify me of changes. As long as the "last edited" timestamp is before the games start, you're good.

thefro

But did an ACC team beat the defending SECSECSEC East champs on the road?

Didn't think so.

That alone puts the B1G ahead IMHO.

B1G is 3-1 against the ACC and is in a dead heat at 1-1 with the SEC

That makes them 4-2 versus Power 5 conferences based east of the Mississippi River

Enfinit

Taken from Reddit:

ESPN knew exactly what they were doing by showing Winston on the sideline every chance they got. They were solidifying his role as the villain. They know good and well that every time they showed his smug face, our collective rage meters bumped to 11. Even more people will be tuning in to Florida State games hoping that someone, anyone, can take him down. He is our King Joffrey.

vsk5E9z.gif

mre said:
17. USC - did not Clempson against BYE. Why are they still ranked? They lost to Boston College. Boston. College.

They lost 5 spots in the polls while not playing this week, one more week and they're probably out of the polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom