• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFBWeek5: Clempsoning | klmsneng | Verb | to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm choosing to live this week under the assumption that getting rid of our defensive coordinator and promoting from within has turned our defense into the '85 Bears.

Get ready for the PAIN, Gondo.
I'm legit shook. This is the definition of a trap game... Or maybe if Tech wins they're just flat-out better.

Kliff about to show the country why he earns more than Gundy.

I'm liking the Xerox'd avy, btw. Very nice.

Draxal

(THU) UCLA @ Arizona State by 4
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 14
Maryland @ Indiana by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 21
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 10
Minnesota @ Michigan by 6
Stanford @ Washington by 4
Missouri @ South Carolina by 6
Duke @ Miami by 4
Washington State @ Utah by 10
Illinois @ Nebraska by 21
Oregon State @ USC by 10

Hopefully I don't get them all wrong this time.

ASU by 4
Vandy by 14
Maryland by 4
NC State by 21
Arkansas by 10
Minnesota by 6
Washington by 4
Mizzou by 6
Duke by 4
Wazzu by 10
Illinois by 21
Oregon State by 10

I was inspired by Gondo.

cashman

Banned
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 4
Maryland @ Indiana by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 24
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 31
Stanford @ Washington by 11
Missouri @ South Carolina by 10
Duke @ Miami by 4
Washington State @ Utah by 6
Illinois @ Nebraska by 11
Oregon State @ USC by 4

In the spirit of the free market, a new MSPaint challenger has been posting on shaggy (Its not THujone. ) and he's been just as consistent in posting pretty funny MSPaint images. Here are a couple from this week that encapsulates a representative picture of their respective games.

cantele.jpg

azcalhailmary.jpg

(THU) UCLA @ Arizona State by 1
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 14
Maryland@ Indiana by 6
Florida State @ NC State by 28
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 31
Minnesota @ Michigan by 3
Stanford @ Washington by 17
Missouri @ South Carolina by 21
Duke @ Miami by 3
Washington State @ Utah by 7
Illinois @ Nebraska by 4
Oregon State @ USC by 10

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 4
Maryland @ Indiana by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 21
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 7
Minnesota @ Michigan by 4
Stanford @ Washington by 4
Missouri @ South Carolina by 4
Duke @ Miami by 4
Washington State @ Utah by 7
Illinois @ Nebraska by 7
Oregon State @ USC by 4

A few trap games in the pick ems.

I know Arkansas didn't look too impressive this week, but I'm nervous seeing all these picks for 20+points for a&m. You can't use the SMU game to judge our run defense, use Rice. Our very fast offense will leave our defense out there too long. I'll of course pick the Aggies, but only by 7-10.

Arkansas are going to meet Texas am at the best time possible for them, I think it will be closer than 10pts. I put money on them with the spread.

Enfinit

TTK Presents: GAF Pick'em Week 5 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 10
Maryland @ Indiana by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 18
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 11
Stanford @ Washington by 6
Missouri @ South Carolina by 6
Duke @ Miami by 6
Washington State @ Utah by 10
Illinois @ Nebraska by 14
Oregon State @ USC by 7

bachikarn

End of the year. Replacement is uncertain.

Foley won't replace him unless he is historically bad again or this is a sure fire replacement. The real reason Foley ended the Zook experiment 2.5 years in was because Meyer (and Petrino if he missed) was such an obvious replacement. There isn't any candidate like that, and it's unlikely we are going to convince an established guy to come to UF. Being able to pay top dollar for coaches isn't something only the top schools can do anymore.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
(THU) UCLA @ Arizona State by 5
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 18
Maryland @ Indiana by 10
Florida State @ NC State by 16
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 9
Minnesota @ Michigan by 4
Stanford @ Washington by 7
Missouri @ South Carolina by 5
Duke @ Miami by 5
Washington State @ Utah by 6
Illinois @ Nebraska by 21
Oregon State @ USC by 8

In the spirit of the free market, a new MSPaint challenger has been posting on shaggy (Its not THujone. ) and he's been just as consistent in posting pretty funny MSPaint images. Here are a couple from this week that encapsulates a representative picture of their respective games.

cantele.jpg

azcalhailmary.jpg

that cal one holy shit

It's going to be hilarious to see Dave Brandon strike out again.

What a fuck-up of an A.D.

Who would have guessed a coach who 34-38 at ball state and 13-12 at SDSU would continue to coach mediocre to bad season?

Great move by the pizza man! Maybe he should use the technique his previous employer tried, Dominos, and just admit they suck and need to start over.

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah, he's a piece of shit. Apparently, he was suspended for the same thing last year (half-game). He should miss two games, at least, this year, if not tossed completely from the sport.
I agree completely. The guy is clearly going out of his way to try and injure opposing players.

Who would have guessed a coach who 34-38 at ball state and 13-12 at SDSU would continue to coach mediocre to bad season?

Great move by the pizza man! Maybe he should use the technique his previous employer tried, Dominos, and just admit they suck and need to start over.
But hey, he calls us "Ohio," so he's obviously a total badass who is going to bring gridiron glory back to Ann Arbor.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Pro Football breakdown of the Alabama/Florida game

Amari Cooper, WR: +4.9

Breakdown: Cooper’s matchup with Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves got all of the headlines and while it was a good back-and-forth battle, it was Cooper who left Saturday’s game with Heisman hype. He finished with 10 catches for 201 yards and three touchdowns, and that doesn’t include a negated 30-yarder to kick off the second half. His 79-yard touchdown against a busted coverage was probably the least-impressive touchdown of the day as he caught the other two on end zone fades. He outmuscled Hargreaves for one score and then lost Poole with a nifty move off the line for his third TD of the day.

Signature Stat: Including the negated 30-yarder, Cooper was targeted seven times when matched up with Hargreaves, catching six passes for 70 yards and a touchdown.

OIknYlE.gif

There are other players graded, but I laughed at Florida's Defense as a whole:

Missed Tackles

Breakdown: It’s hard to single out one player when the defense misses 30 (!) tackles on the day. Three Gators missed four apiece, including linebacker Michael Taylor, cornerback Brian Poole, and safety Jabari Gorman. Whether out in space in the passing game or in a confined quarters in the running game, Florida defenders had a very difficult time bringing the ball carrier to the ground.

Signature Stat: Safety Marcus Maye was the only Florida starter not charged with an official missed tackle.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Missed Tackles

Breakdown: It’s hard to single out one player when the defense misses 30 (!) tackles on the day. Three Gators missed four apiece, including linebacker Michael Taylor, cornerback Brian Poole, and safety Jabari Gorman. Whether out in space in the passing game or in a confined quarters in the running game, Florida defenders had a very difficult time bringing the ball carrier to the ground.

Signature Stat: Safety Marcus Maye was the only Florida starter not charged with an official missed tackle.

Sounds like they were attempting the Texas Tech approach.

andycapps

Pro Football breakdown of the Alabama/Florida game

OIknYlE.gif

Well, Cooper's stats are a lot better than Megatron did when he was at Georgia Tech against UGA. 2 receptions for 13 yards in his last year, 2 for 14 in 2005, and 5 for 44 in 2004. Cooper is a great receiver.

I was listening to the UGA game in the car on the way home this weekend (almost fell asleep), and then the Bama game. Bama people say "Alabama" really weird, and Finebaum does it too. They say it like "Ala-BAMA!" The Ala part comes out normally, and then Bama comes out really fast.

How does Michigan suck so bad?

It's a run-of-the-mill coaching carousel. Once you get into one, it's a real bitch to get out of it. Ask the Domers. Or the Vols. Or the Browns.

Also doesn't help that the state of Michigan isn't a particularly strong high school football state, and they now have to share it with an uncharacteristically strong Sparty. Plus, they can't poach Ohio as effectively as they could during the Carr/Cooper era.

andycapps

GT on a bye week, but just announced the following weekend the Miami game will be 7:30 EST on ESPN2. White out planned!

Be sure and tell the 5k fans that show up to wear white. Hopefully they're cheering and aren't on their phones or doing homework during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom