• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chaos Reborn |OT| He made Xcom, you know...

CzarTim

having some long and balanced matches lately.

will the single player be the way to unlock new spells? going by memory they said 80 spells in total but right now doesn't look like that to me (in alpha i remember zombies and red/green dragons: where they completely replaced by rat pack/hydra?).
(i also think the spell selection favors law, most of my games end in high law territory).

I believe it depends on your staff choice.

robin2

oh god

bviyvyivxn.jpg

Menome

Tried out the Single-Player for the first time yesterday. It's good fun and likely to be an easy source of money and talismans, but it's not quite the same as battling other people and seeing the crazy attack-plans play out.

That mass of rats above shows just how much this game gets the balance right between panic and hilarity.

CzarTim

Tried out the Single-Player for the first time yesterday. It's good fun and likely to be an easy source of money and talismans, but it's not quite the same as battling other people and seeing the crazy attack-plans play out.

That mass of rats above shows just how much this game gets the balance right between panic and hilarity.

They really need to up the gold gained from multiplayer. Compared to single player it's a joke.

Just tried out the demo. The game is on sale on Steam atm! Thinking about picking it up. Demo is pretty good!

What I'm wondering about is what sort of updates (if any) they have planned for the game.

Game feels tightly designed and polished.

hemtae

Offline Single Player Realm Campaign Released, GOG Release, Demo

The latest version of Chaos Reborn sees the release of our single player realm quest campaign, which can be played offline. You can play through a series of 5 realms of increasing difficulty, using a host of new realm design systems. The game will also be shortly released on www.gog.com (we will be sending additional instructions shortly after Christmas for backers who would like to have the GOG version instead of the steam version)

deleted

I played this over the last few day for a few hours each after picking it up during the sale:

It's.. okay? I was wondering exactly how much RNG would be in this - and after playing the SP I can say that it's a lot. Far more than I had hoped.
Maybe it's still coming up, but not being able to build my own deck in SP? Strange. The matches can take forever to end in a lose to the CPU only to end in 4 turns in a rematch because I got a flying creature in my first hand that wasn't even in the deck before.

That said, I haven't tried the MP yet, as I was searching for something more Xcom meets HoMM SP and this seemed like a nice blend. Maybe the features I'm looking for are in the MP.

That said, I'm enjoying the presentation and the gameplay - aside from way too much RNG. I have matches were every spell works out but I can't get one kill through creatures.

I chose a spell centric mage - any tips on how to play with him? Maybe I'm tackling the game the wrong way, but it seems way less strategic than I'd hoped.

Top Bottom