• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Canadian online store?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Does anyone have the address of that really cheap Canadian online games store? It ships to the UK and iapetus imports stuff from there all the time, only I don't think there's been a topic about it on the new boards for me to search for.

I sent him a PM, but he hasn't answered, probably hasn't checked them, and I could do with finding it pretty quick. So any of you guys know what I'm talking about?

Memles

Mama Smurf said:
That DVDSoon place is pretty cheap, anyone have any experience with them? Reliable?

I've read a fair amount of bad comments, actually. Read a series of them. Seemed like, when a game is on order, they bill before the game ships, and proceeds to not tell you when it will be months before they get the game. Just what I read...try Googling "DVDSoon.com Feedback" and you might hit upon it. Seemed fairly negative, kept me away from picking up cheap Bomberman Generations.

Based on their DVD performance, extremely good.

I received some DVDs last week four days after they shipped. I'm living in Europe, and the shipping is free. There is no way it should be that good.

Do note that they seem to have a lot of stock on order, and its worth checking how long they expect before they will be able to ship.

Other than that though, I have nothing but praise for them.

Plus, they've got the Gamecube Metal Arms: Glitch in the System up for 16 bucks canadian. Which is fucking awesome.

Mama Smurf

If I didn't already have the game, I'd snap it up. That's only £7!

The vast majority of comments on DVDSoon that I've found are positive. I'll keep looking though, most negatives seem to concern if the item gets lost and how they can't (won't) do anything about it until a large amount of working days are up, but I just read that on their website, it says it before you even buy.

Shompola

Banned
Memles said:
I've read a fair amount of bad comments, actually. Read a series of them. Seemed like, when a game is on order, they bill before the game ships, and proceeds to not tell you when it will be months before they get the game. Just what I read...try Googling "DVDSoon.com Feedback" and you might hit upon it. Seemed fairly negative, kept me away from picking up cheap Bomberman Generations.

THAT IS TRUE. So you better order stuff that is in stock wich is fairly easy to check.
And yes DVDSOON has good reputation among people who buy dvd movies atleast.

Memles

I'm getting incredibly pissed at this large amount of great online GameCube deals...picked up Wario Ware for $20 CDN, I'm looking at Def Jam Vendetta for $15, Bomberman for about $17, Metal Arms for $17, and now I'm faced with a $30 Wavebird.

I have the money, but I also have university to fund. Damn you, Online cheapass Canadian retailers!

Mama Smurf

How do you check if games are in stock?

I'm only on the 2nd page of GC games, and I've already found some great deals, so i really hope they turn out to be reliable (and in stock).

Shompola

Banned
gah I am dumb, you can check the status of games on videogamespluc and not dvdsoon.
But the thing memles said about they charging you before game is actually shipped out is true. That has happened to me before.

edit/ wow this sucks. You can check if an item is in stock or not by first ordering the product first and then check it by checking your order. The order status for every item will be there. Sucks...

Top Bottom