• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

Jachaos

i think its strictly instrumental. i've never heard of her before now, but is her voice annoying or something?

Her voice is one of the kawaii-est of the singers here, or at least feels so for me so her songs aren't my cup of tea. I didn't know it was her based on the soundtrack though. Music for the game I heard so far is really good. So I've no problems with the OST.

iNvid02

the director had this to say in regards to wii u res :

But Child of Light's real visual prowess lies in the details. "One of the things that cost a lot in CPU is the fluid simulation that we made especially for Aurora's hair," says Plourde.

"We had to manage the overdraw with the textures, but otherwise the game runs at 60fps on all platforms. On the new consoles the resolution is 1080p while its 720p on PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U."

That might not sound like good news for Wii U owners but Plourde believes Nintendo's console will actually be getting the most natural Child of Light experience.
"I think it is best suited for the Wii U because of the GamePad actually," he says. "We are using the touchscreen to control the second character, plus you can play in off-TV mode".

au naturel > 1080p

Nestunt

With all of the amazing indie games that are constantly released it would be wishful thinking to believe these will be the very best digital-only games of the year.

kinda being hyperbolic :)

but I have the suspicion that they will both crack top ten in that category (for my tastes at least)

Shufel

I really hope this game is good. Ubisoft's smaller titles are usually pretty solid so I've got some optimism, though they've never really tackled a turn-based RPG before, have they?

Dinda

Yay really looking forward to this, might even pick it up on the wii u. should be a perfect game for the gamepad. And i should really use the thing once in a while.

R&D

Banned
I love everything about it aesthetically but the gameplay looks very dull.
I'd be surprised if the average review scores are well above 7.

Faustek

With all of the amazing indie games that are constantly released it would be wishful thinking to believe these will be the very best digital-only games of the year.

Pretty much yeah. I'm very excited for what the new "medium tier" Indies will do.

the director had this to say in regards to wii u res :

au naturel > 1080p

Hello? Vita? Hello?

Nah but yes, hope they can give WiiU owners a incentive to pick it up.

Azlan

I played a bit of this at PAX East. Definitely looking forward to picking this one up. Probably will get the Xbox One version due to the extra p's, despite the fact that my Wii U needs some love. Very pretty game.

tuffy

It says "Classic RPG turn based combat" near the top, but then says it has an "Active-Time Battle System" later on, so I'm not quite sure what to think. If it's one of those awful battle systems where enemies are clobbering my party members while I'm in the menus trying to think up my next move, then I may have to pass on it despite how pretty it looks.

Skilletor

It says "Classic RPG turn based combat" near the top, but then says it has an "Active-Time Battle System" later on, so I'm not quite sure what to think. If it's one of those awful battle systems where enemies are clobbering my party members while I'm in the menus trying to think up my next move, then I may have to pass on it despite how pretty it looks.

ATB is the same battle system in many Final Fantasy games, so it is "classic" in that sense. But also, most FF games have a "wait" option that prevent any time from passing when you're in a menu.

jet1911

Think Grandia.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
"I think it is best suited for the Wii U because of the GamePad actually," he says. "We are using the touchscreen to control the second character, plus you can play in off-TV mode".

Oh, a Rayman type of co-op? I might get my girlfriend on board for this.

Oneself

Honestly, I might get that game only for its artstyle... I don't like turned based combat, it pretty much ruins the whole classic RPG genre for me but I wish there would be more HQ 2D titles like this and Rayman so... Wallet voting! :)

Someone should tell Grace Chen that the PS4 version will be 1080p. Still says 720 on CoL's PS4 spot on the PS Store.

Also, I'm 100% positive that when you clicked the pre-order button on the PS Store a few weeks back, a box popped up stating that pre-order's would be getting the Golem Pack DLC as well, but I don't see that anywhere anymore :\

JambiBum

So someone said that there is online coop in this, but when watching the let's play I only saw the option for couch coop.

iNvid02

Is there some more information on how exactly the co-op works? Particularly in battle?

4. How does Co-Op effect the navigation in game?

Despite his size, Igniculus the firefly will be a huge help to Aurora. The player will be able to control Igniculus by themselves if playing alone, or have a second player control him in co-op mode. Igniculus can slow down enemies, heal party members, light up dark parts of levels or even unlock treasures.
Combat isn’t triggered randomly; the player will have to choose whether to begin a battle. In some locations, where the path is pretty narrow, Igniculus can temporarily blind enemies, allowing Aurora to pass by them without a fight. Similarly, if the player does want to fight but Aurora is injured, Igniculus will be able to heal her and recharge her magical energy, making her ready for combat.
The second player will also play a role in solving puzzles requiring light, or in disabling traps. By moving Igniculus behind some part of the scenery, the second player will also help the first by finding secret places and shortcuts. Co-op really helped make the whole experience more fluid and adds a whole new layer to an already wonderful game!

that and the co-op trailer is all i've seen currently

daveo42

Banned
Been excited for this game for a long while. Glad it's coming out next week. My preorder is ready.

Still kind of sucks about the lack of a physical release here in the states.

KeRaSh

Already preordered the deluxe edition. I'm so hyped about this game. The art direction and style of the game is exactly my cup of tea.
I have to rush through the rest of Mass Effect 3 in time for the release of this.

Vibranium

Banned
Can't wait, getting it on PS4 at full price to support Ubisoft doing artful games like this, just felt like playing it on a console for some reason haha. Should be fun!

The Uplay implementation on PC will make or break my purchase.

Hopefully the rumours that Ubisoft are making the Steam versions of their games to only require a one time Uplay check-in are true. There is no harm in having two individual clients co-exist.

Top Bottom