• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

The_Monk

Thanks for making this fine good looking OT fellow GAFfer.

Since I haven't got DS II for PC I might get this on console since I don't want to deal with Uplay on PC. Might get the Physical edition just for the Art Book which looks really nice and the price is more than affordable. :)

Hope the game is not too hard for me, I've been completely on media blackout. Anything worth mentioning for people in the same situation?

Mind

Neo Member
Any news when this will be available in stores? I'm getting a Ni No Kuni feeling about this one.
col-610x343.jpg

jf DOOM

Preordered on PS4, game looks awesome. I see the xbox one version has a full 1000 achievements, really hope this means that PS will have a platinum trophy.

Preordered on PS4, game looks awesome. I see the xbox one version has a full 1000 achievements, really hope this means that PS will have a platinum trophy.
Me too!!!

Although trials PS4 didn't have a platinum while the Xbone version had the full 1000pts....

Really hope that's not the case with this one.
Any way to get confirmation?

N30RYU

With 27 achievemnts/trophies... I don't think so... most of the games with platinums are games with 35+ trophies... the only games with ~27 trophies and with a platinum I can think of are Mercenary Kings and Need For Speed Rivals with 26 trophies...

With 27 achievemnts/trophies... I don't think so... most of the games with platinums are games with 35+ trophies... the only games with ~27 trophies and with a platinum I can think of are Mercenary Kings and Need For Speed Rivals with 26 trophies...
So ur saying there's a chance...

ecierif

Strider has a platinum with 31 trophies. Terminator: Salvation has a platinum with 12. I wonder if it's the record holder for game with least trophies with a platinum.

dcx4610

I'm really not sold on the turn based combat.

It almost looks like a platform game but the combat is turn based? The trailer seemed really beautiful but I'm going to need to see some reviews.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
This comes out a couple days after Dark Souls 2 PC. I don't know how I'm going to manage this amount of awesome RPG goodness.

Scanna

Any word on challenging exploration or puzzles?

puzzles are really basic and seldom. Exploration is finding little places and niches inside not so big areas. It's different from exploring in a regular JRPG, more like a Metroidvania kind of exploration.

TLoU had 24 as well. I honestly have no idea what the rubric is for deciding what gets a platinum trophy and what doesn't.

FDC1

With 27 trophies, it sure will have a platinum. Even if it's 27 bronze trophies, that's still 27x15=405pts. The maximum for a non platinum game is 315pts. Well of course, the point stands if the PS versions have as much trophies than Xbox ones have of achievements, we already saw games with less trophies than achievements in the past.

Edit: From this topic:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/child-light/232287-achievements-list.html

It seems PS versions only have 20 trophies, all bronze (20x15=300pts), so no platinum for us :(

Ricker

PS4 version get....

Not a fan of Coeur de Pirate's music but she's cool...I heard a few tracks and it seems to fit the game very well.

RiggyRob

Aww yeah, I'm gonna download this so hard on my Wii U.
The thirst is being quenched this month.

Still would have been nice to get the Deluxe Edition of it, but at least we're getting the game full-stop.

Am I the only one who is thinking about how weird it is that probably two of the best digital-only games of the year have red-haired female protagonists and I am going to play them in a span of a month

had to share this (¨_¨)

I knew we were forgetting something! Oh well, at least we made our heroine wear a red beret. ;)

Can't wait for Child of Light. Not sure which version to grab it for. WiiU will probably have the best controls thanks to the gamepad and it'd add to my points for point rebates (Digital Deluxe) but PS4 version is higher resolution & has remote play. Hm...

ced

puzzles are really basic and seldom. Exploration is finding little places and niches inside not so big areas. It's different from exploring in a regular JRPG, more like a Metroidvania kind of exploration.

Metroidvania is good I guess, long as it's got something interesting, I'm not a huge fan of JRPG combat anymore.

N30RYU

With 27 trophies, it sure will have a platinum. Even if it's 27 bronze trophies, that's still 27x15=405pts. The maximum for a non platinum game is 315pts. Well of course, the point stands if the PS versions have as much trophies than Xbox ones have of achievements, we already saw games with less trophies than achievements in the past.

Edit: From this topic:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/child-light/232287-achievements-list.html

It seems PS versions only have 20 trophies, all bronze (20x15=300pts), so no platinum for us :(
WTF!!!!!!!!
So the game have enough trophies to get a platinum and sony decided that Ubi had to cut 7 of them 'cause the game isn't worth like Mercenary Kings to have a platinum?

FUCK YOU SONY, really.... FUCK YOU

Phlebas

Banned
Really disappointed in the lack of a physical release in the US.

I was really looking forward to getting my hands on the deluxe version.

Wasp

WTF!!!!!!!!
So the game have enough trophies to get a platinum and sony decided that Ubi had to cut 7 of them 'cause the game isn't worth like Mercenary Kings to have a platinum?

FUCK YOU SONY, really.... FUCK YOU
Yeah the rules for what games are allowed platinum trophies seems so random and arbitrary. It should be worked out simply using the RRP of the game when it is first released (not including sales or permanent price drops). This seems good to me:

£0-6 = 12 trophies
£6-10 = 15 trophies
£10-16 = 20 trophies plus platinum
£16-30 = 30 trophies plus platinum
£30-50 = 50 trophies plus platinum

Great OP! This game looks beautiful and I'll definitely be getting it day one. It looks unique in its design and that makes it stand out in a way that few other games do.

The lack of 1080p on Wii U is quite disappointing IMO.

In 99% of cases, I don't care about 1080p. I'm that guy who usually plays PC games in 720p.

But… this is UbiArt. For sprite-based games, being native-res is a big deal. I still plan to buy it nonetheless, but I wish they could have made some other tradeoff… idk, it'll probably be fine.

Top Bottom