• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

e_i

Why can't this come to the Vita? I want this on my OLED screen!

I'm getting the PS4 version.

zashga

Looks good; I'm gonna pick this up for sure.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that (story-wise)
the "dark queen" is your dead mother

IDK if I should get this for PS4 or Wii U. Probably PS4 since I don't have many games for it so far and 1080p. Are there any gamepad features for this game?

zeopower6

I tried, but it said it wouldn't ship to the US.

I did find two sites that will: www.thehut.com, and www.zavvi.com

The nice thing is that Zavvi has .99 standard shipping to the US and currently has a code for 10% off Child of Light Deluxe bringing it down to around 14.40 pounds.

Now my question is: Will I even be able to redeem this game on my US account?

You'll be able to redeem it on a UK account and then play on your US account. (at least you should be able to)

Shinta

Banned
Getting this for Wii U along with Nintendo Remix 2. I think there are some kind of touch screen applications in this game that could work really well on the gamepad. Not 100% sure though.

My exams start from April 30th to May 7th lol, will only get to check this out after then. Fantastic OT, you guys are crazy with your photoshop skills.

leng jai

Physical for me. 24 page art book is disappointing though. A game with art like this really needs a delicious steelbook too.

sector4

Incredible OT iNvid02, really well done.

I've got the Physical Deluxe version pre-ordered for PS4 and can't wait, also dropping everything to play this next week. I hope it does really well!

antitrop

I was going to get this on Steam, but since I just got my new PS4, I think I'll get it on that just so I have something to play on it.

Hope it's great!

-MD-

If the combat ends up being challenging I'll consider jumping in day 1 but if it's not I'll likely wait for a sale.

tookhster

Man, I can't wait for the soundtrack. The stuff from the previews sounded amazing.

I have high hopes for the game as well. Day 1 on PC.

Eusis

I wish this game was PS3/PS4 cross-buy for the US.
I really don't get why it isn't, not unless there's some weird Sony hang up or extra weird retailer hang up (though why when the game is only DD...?)

Though maybe Ubisoft in Europe gave the thumbs up while the NA division went "nope."

Looks great but why are we going from the already rail thin three party member RPG to now two? I think The Stick of Truth is the same. Not a fan of this trend.

KeRaSh

Looks great but why are we going from the already rail thin three party member RPG to now two? I think The Stick of Truth is the same. Not a fan of this trend.

I don't know too much about this game (semi media black out) but to me it seems they were aiming for an atmosphere of loneliness, which seems fitting in my opinion.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
IDK if I should get this for PS4 or Wii U. Probably PS4 since I don't have many games for it so far and 1080p. Are there any gamepad features for this game?

I'm getting it for Wii U. Touchscreen fairy power + off TV play make it the better gameplay experience in my book.

Gambit

very much looking forward to it. The game seems to tick all the right boxes for me. And is supposed to have a Grandia-inspired battle system on top of it!

Will get for Wii U on day 1.

Dr Dogg

Is it really that time already? Sweet.

It's a packed couple of months of releases, April and May but really looking forward to Child of Light.

Edit: Oh yeah, great OT iNvid02.

koolio76

Neo Member
I really don't get why it isn't, not unless there's some weird Sony hang up or extra weird retailer hang up (though why when the game is only DD...?)

Though maybe Ubisoft in Europe gave the thumbs up while the NA division went "nope."

probably because eu/uk pay more for the game than us, so they can take the risk of cross-buy

denshuu

I love how her crown falls off when she gets hit.

Already preordered on Steam. One of the few games I'm not going to have to wait several months for a PC version.
I had no idea the combat was like that.
Hype -1000

You are a crazy person. Grandia combat is best combat.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Should I pick this up on PS4 or PC?

The two are going to be indistinguishable unless your monitor's native resolution is above 1080p, but thinking forward, with the PC there's the backwards compatibility factor -- if you want to revisit the game down the line you just have to load it up through Uplay/Steam whereas on the console side you may need to plug in the superseded PS4.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I love how her crown falls off when she gets hit.

Already preordered on Steam. One of the few games I'm not going to have to wait several months for a PC version.

You are a crazy person. Grandia combat is best combat.

I had no idea it was JRPG combat at all. I assumed it was like Zelda 2 or the 2D Prince of Persia games. I already bought it, too. Whoooooops.

addik

Oh, this is also going to PC? I always thought it was just coming the consoles for some odd reason.

Definitely getting this, though I wonder if we'll get boxed copies?

Prototype

Saw a promo video in person earlier today, looks simply stunning in 1080p. Seeing it in person really changed my mind, will probably pick this up.

I was going to buy this day one on Wii U, them dropping the PS360/Wii U versions to 720p for no fucking reason means I probably won't. I'll wait for a sale not paying full price for a gimped for no reason version.

Vitor711

Absolutely want the deluxe edition since it's only £5 more. That being said, PC or PS4.... Ugh. Former is probably the better version for me but I do like the idea of playing on my new console.

Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: Ah, it's the UbiArt engine. PS4 it is. 1080 and 60FPS there apparently so the performance difference is a moot point. Plus, if I recall correctly from Eurogamer's Rayman comparison, the visual differences between PC and consoles there were minimal. Much rather play this in the living room where the PS4 is located.

Top Bottom