• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

subtleglitch

Neo Member
So I was considering purchasing this on my PS4, but after seeing a few comments it appears as though there's an auto save bug, which corrupts save data? Is this only on PS4? Is there an update to fix this coming soon, and If so, should I wait till it's been patched?

Also noticed it's coming to Vita. Does anyone know whether it has cross-buy, or a discount on the Vita version if you purchase the PS4 version?

Hero

Just beat it on hard on Wii U.

Really enjoyed the game.

Visually it's fantastic and the music is excellent throughout.

But the constant rhyming I could do without.

I can't even do a full post of it so why would they force it on the whole game? It's just..bleh.

I felt the ending was a little rush and the combat system could use some refinements.

Definitely would love to see a sequel of sorts.

jnWake

Just finished the game. The last two boss battles were a bit hard, particularly since
you have no chance to heal between them ;_;

Loved the game, I ended using almost all characters in the final battles.
Gen was so good for the final two bosses, use paralysis and backward slams to neutralize your opponent while casting lightning/light spells (for Nox/Umbra) after beating the boss' companions.

Wii U version plays very good, but there are a few performance issues. There's a bit of slowdown in some areas (
Windmills and Flooded Lands
). Also, I got a few instances where objects didn't load in time causing some weird pop-in. It's very noticeable in a cutscene near the end of the game. Besides those two issues, the U version is flawless, no weird saving bugs and the touch controls can be very useful.

I missed a few treasures so I'll hunt them and call this game finished! Playtime to ending was about 15-16 hours on Hard by the way.

Finalow

started it today and I'm liking it so far, the music is great. I also love the the rhyming and the design.

just to be clear, this game is available with a download code only, right?

Durante

I'm starting to enjoy this game more now (after the
"growing up"
scene), as it's finally getting more challenging. I still haven't died yet, but at least I regularly have to use items in boss fights now (on hard).

One thing I noticed (playing on PC) is that this game doesn't have any achivements, but rather tons of Uplay "actions". In all other games there are only 4 of those, which also means that Child of Light completely breaks the uPlay point currency (since it's cross-game). Has this been discussed before? Have they commented on it? Is this how it will work for all new games going forward?

Hero

Just finished the game. The last two boss battles were a bit hard, particularly since
you have no chance to heal between them ;_;

Loved the game, I ended using almost all characters in the final battles.
Gen was so good for the final two bosses, use paralysis and backward slams to neutralize your opponent while casting lightning/light spells (for Nox/Umbra) after beating the boss' companions.

Wii U version plays very good, but there are a few performance issues. There's a bit of slowdown in some areas (
Windmills and Flooded Lands
). Also, I got a few instances where objects didn't load in time causing some weird pop-in. It's very noticeable in a cutscene near the end of the game. Besides those two issues, the U version is flawless, no weird saving bugs and the touch controls can be very useful.

I missed a few treasures so I'll hunt them and call this game finished! Playtime to ending was about 15-16 hours on Hard by the way.

You can flee from the last boss and heal up or switch out oculi.

mstevens

I had so many lull, quickening and unstoppable potions for the last two bosses, it was great!

I plowed through this game the last two days and I really enjoyed it! Nice job, Ubisoft.

Finalow

dark aurora skin = no hair during battles. what the fuck, come on.

anyway the game isn't "easy" at all on hard, I'm actually having decent fights and I consume a lot of items, especially versus bosses. I guess it's hard to get a game over since you can just swap dead characters. (still got one against a boss *or rather bosses, those 3 snakes* because I didn't know that)

Philippo

So, my corrupted save magically came back to life and i finally beat the game.

A very nice surprise, well worth the money and i hope we get a sequel.

Dat ending song too, wonderful.

Finalow

ok, just finished the game. I liked the art, the music, the rhyming and the whole fairy tail vibe, it's a really nice game. sadly the end was rushed and also was the story, it's clearly open for sequels (just read those confessions) and they're probably coming.
if some of you are interested, I am Jeffrey Yohalem, the writer of Child of Light AMA. he writes "And we definitely want to continue the journey through Lemuria. Child of Light is only the tip of the iceberg."

I'd like a sequel with much more content. (and a physical disc :>)

also, The Art of Child of Light

Orteip490

I asked Ubisoft on Twitter and they never answered me, searched and found nothing..

Is this game Cross-Save on PS3/4?

I've just bought my Ps4 and I'd like to finish this game onto my new console, if possible. Ah, I have the PAL game, so I already know it's Cross-Buy.

Durante

Just finished the game.

The last 2 boss battles were great, first time it felt challenging. I wish there would have been more of that throughout the game. Still, I enjoyed it a lot. Not Ubisoft's best games this year (that's M&M X), but probably their second best.

mcz117chief

I just bought the retail version. It is so full of stuff, usually these kinds of sets cost a lot of money but this is super cheap, about 25 dollars. Can't wait to have a second game on my PS4 :)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I just bought the retail version. It is so full of stuff, usually these kinds of sets cost a lot of money but this is super cheap, about 25 dollars. Can't wait to have a second game on my PS4 :)

wait WHAT? Did they pull a Ducktales Remastered and release a retail version after the fact? Is this in North America???

I'm having some difficulty with the final boss. The attacks are pretty hard and my characters loose too much HP. After looking at a guide it looks like I'm under powered, lvl 40 in stead of recommended lvl 49.

Any tips? I don't have Gen in my party.

wait WHAT? Did they pull a Ducktales Remastered and release a retail version after the fact? Is this in North America???

There's an actual physical retail version coming out next month for the Vita with all the DLC (in Europe and Japan). I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft announces physical copies for other platforms eventually.

Sagitario

Is there any word/update/explanation about why the soundtrack is missing a few tracks from the game [mostly boss battle themes]?

There's an actual physical retail version coming out next month for the Vita with all the DLC (in Europe and Japan). I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft announces physical copies for other platforms eventually.
I'd love to get my hands in a physical copy [for either PS4 or Wii U].

Surfheart

Just bought this for vita at eb games (australia)

Was suprised to see it , didn't think It was out till next month. Haven't played it yet on the vita but I do have it on the ps4 to compare.

Just bought this for vita at eb games (australia)

Was suprised to see it , didn't think It was out till next month. Haven't played it yet on the vita but I do have it on the ps4 to compare.

Interesting....it was supposed to come out on July 2nd over here in Australia.

I’d love to hear some impressions before I decide to pick up the Vita version.

Varg

Banned
The game is soo gooood.

Got it on xbox and the music is beautiful. The battle system is fun, and the world is enjoyable. I recommend this to any rpg fan !!!!

Surfheart

So the complete edition is on the cart plus download codes for the DLC?

That's right. Two codes in the box for the costume and occuli packs.

edit: Spoke too soon about the framerate... it's a little lumpy in places

Hmm, just some random loading stutter or something, Seems fine now.

Koralsky

How big is the size of the download for Child of Light on Vita?

1,1 GB for normal version (without any DLCs).

Also there’s definitely some performance issues with Child of light on Vita, but nothing major or game breaking.

It looks beautiful on the OLED and the control scheme is more than adequate.

But I hope for some patch from Ubi regarding the overall performance through.

Sadly, I also think the game isn't rendering in native res - more like 720x408, if I go by what official PRESS KIT pictures shows.

Navid

Started playing this earlier in the week on PS4 and reading through this thread came upon the whole save corruption discussion... was this fixed via a patch at any point? If not are there any methods of preventing (or at least minimizing the chance of) it from happening?

Finally is there any max cap on the character stats (I'm currently hoarding quite a few stat boosting items), I understand that there is a 99 level cap but what about the stats themselves?

Thanks for any help and answers.

Taruranto

Finished it a while ago, I loved the OST, the art-style and the story, but the gameplay itself was fairly boring. Toward the end I switched to easy so i could skip most fights because I was feed up with the battle-system.

I feel like all the 9+ reviews were praising the art more than the game itself.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wow,
she grew up when she got the piece of the moon? how does that happen, is Aurora older than she looked?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Have there been any crashes and save corruption on the WiiU version, Ive had no zero problems so far but reading back on the thread has me worried.

jnWake

Have there been any crashes and save corruption on the WiiU version, Ive had no zero problems so far but reading back on the thread has me worried.

I don't think there are any weird bugs, I finished the whole game without any issues (just some framedrops here and there).

Shizuka

actually, they whip my ass. do you know which element should I use for my spells and attacks?

From the FAQ:

All of the spiders have like
400hp but they don't seem to have any particular weaknesses so you will just
have to beat them down slowly.

Top Bottom