• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light |OT| Beware the Night

Avari

I've had no crashes or save issues on the Xbox One, but a couple of achievements did glitch. One unlocked on its own about a week later, but for the other I had to disconnect from live, delete my local save, and play through until I met the achievements requirement and then re-connect.

I'm so pissed
I was leaving the sky palace, going in the mirror
and the game crashed, game save got corrupted and forced me to erase it. Got start all over again Wtf

I started playing yesterday after having bought it launch day(without any time to actually play it unfortunately). I'm in love with this game. And this is coming from someone who generally dislikes RPGs. Played a whole 8 hours straight last night. It's that addicting. I can't seem to get my uplay rewards to show up though :/

Anybody got any advice for something I'm doing wrong? I'm on the PS4.

burgerdog

Lovely game, finally beat it despite also buying it on launch. I played it a bunch of yesterday and today and it was worth every penny. Bring on Transistor!

Lima

I started playing yesterday after having bought it launch day(without any time to actually play it unfortunately). I'm in love with this game. And this is coming from someone who generally dislikes RPGs. Played a whole 8 hours straight last night. It's that addicting. I can't seem to get my uplay rewards to show up though :/

Anybody got any advice for something I'm doing wrong? I'm on the PS4.

Have you downloaded the uplay app?

Skeleton

Banned
completed it last night and got the full 1000G

I really hope there is some DLC, this game has been truly a delight to play.
I wouldnt have picked it up if it had come out by the time all the big names were out.
But I am seriously happy that I did, My only complaint is how quickly you level up.

It would have been a lot better to have people rank every 4-5 fights but then give you more tokens upon leveling up.

Going to start going through all side quests soon although I have only a couple left.

Toth

I finished it last night as well. More fun than Bravely Default hehe (and I really did enjoy BD mind you, just that CoL did not have the need to cheese or ridiculous padding). I hope more RPGs like this are on the way if the game sells well.

Gen is totally my hero. She owned the last two bosses with Backward Smash and light oculis.

Have you downloaded the uplay app?
No, I haven't. I've noticed that every time I boot up the game

1)It keeps telling me to sign up for uplay, even though when uplay loads in the web browser I'm automatically logged in

2)When in game and trying to trade stones, it says that I need to be logged into uplay.

So I guess my problem is that I'm not signed in. I'll try downloading the app and see what happens.

camaropilot

My girlfriend and I played for about 4 hours over the weekend and we're both hooked. I'm hoping we can complete it over the next few weekends we spend together. I love the Co-op play in this game and I think it's pretty unique for this style of RPG.

I generally don't play RPG's with exception of a few and I have never finished an RPG in this style (other than maybe pokemon when I was 12). I'm hoping this will open a new door for me and help me get into more RPG's.

I am so scared of losing our game progress though. We had the game crash on us once over the weekend and luckily it didn't corrupt our save. I think we would both give up on the game if we had to start over since we both have such little free time together as it is. I am thinking we should wait until a patch is released on PS4 to start playing again.

Is there any way of backing up the save externally from my PS4 just in case of another crash?

codhand

My girlfriend and I played for about 4 hours over the weekend and we're both hooked. I'm hoping we can complete it over the next few weekends we spend together. I love the Co-op play in this game and I think it's pretty unique for this style of RPG.

great to hear, i will be playing with GF mode enabled.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
so is Golem not available on Wii U at all? I don't see an option to DL DLC from eShop.

For the people wondering about technical issues, I'm on Chapter 8 and haven't had any hiccups so far.

Philippo

Ugh, that flame-y thing is so uncomfortable to move around, both with right stick and touchpad.

Also, not having a minimap but only a world map is frustrating.

Szadek

Finished the game last week.
I love it,but it lost a few point in the last level,because I got a bit bored with the combat system.
Still my favorite game of the year those far.

krioto

I'm really enjoying this game - quite whimsical and the battle system, whilst simple, is fun and rewarding .

As many others have mentioned, the watercolour palette looks fantastic, and the game runs very smoothly.

Nice job Ubi, and as always, the Ubi-Art framework looks gorgeous.

NB: I bought this game as a download code from a physical store, and got the deluxe edition with the keyring and the downloadable extras - it's amusing as the box for this download-only game is physically bigger than all my other games.

I beat the game earlier today and man the game had me from the beginning to the end. I loved it all. This is probably one of the best indie RPGs made by a triple A studio. Great story, atmosphere, music, art style, combat, and crafting system. Not bad Ubisoft, not bad at all. =D

Cat Party

I'm slowly playing through this with my kids, and the difficulty is no joke. I'm glad I took the advice to play on hard because there's real challenge there on some fights. Now that my party is bigger, I'm enjoying the swapping aspect.

Finally got a chance to sit down and finish the last hour or so of the game. I really loved this from start to finish. Visuals, music (especially the battle themes), party swapping/timeline battle system, even the story, which I know some people had a problem with. I'm going to let it sit for a little while then go back and look for more hidden areas I might have missed along the way.

Exentryk

Can you complete all three skill trees in a "normal" playthrough or does it need some grinding?

It will need a some grinding. You can get about 1.5 skill trees in a "normal" playthrough.
I was around level 45-49 (hard) when I finished the game, and all skill trees are completed at level 81.

Well, I had two confessions left to get all 16, which would've given me my last trophy on PS4. However, the game decided to crash for no apparent reason, corrupting my save data, and leaving me trophy-less. Game was great, but I don't plan on going after that last trophy.

I was so close!

EGM1966

100% finished it. Great little game and loved the music and art direction but the single auto save combined with the crashing bug sounds a killer. Had it crash twice on me but luckily no save issues. Id note both times it crashed for me was when enterinh new area - id suggest making sure all auto saving is finished before changing areas to try and minimize getting caught crashing during auto save.

Philippo

So how can you unlock the last part of skill trees? I got to the point where i started spending points on other trees because i couldn't go further.

Philippo

Also really enjoing how every party member has its use, even if there's really a lot of them (just got the 2nd jester, dig the FFIX reference), very much like FFX.

IWhat's the best way to sped up Aurora's sister? During boss battles i put her in for a quick speed buff/debuff, but her cast time is sooo slow.

fake edit: goddamn what's up with these crazy difficulty spikes? I had to try the
Giant Griphon
Boss at least 20 times, and had to use a lot of useful items because i couldn't waste a party slot for the healing character.

Great game, I loved it.
Also got some decent play time, excellent purchase.

I'm kinda ticked about Norah.
Final boss was easier than most of the others. Piscean ogre I think was the only one I ever died to.

GeoramA

I wanted to hurry up and finish this before Watch Dogs, now I'm nearly done and I don't want it to end. Really amazing game.

jnWake

I'm now on Cynbel Sea and I'm still loving the game. I activated one quest
Cynbel's Secret
but I wasn't really paying attention to the text so I have no idea what I should do with that haha, hope I don't accidentally miss it.

About characters,
I don't see Tristis as a full replacement of Norah because he doesn't have the slow-all spell. That one was godly. I mainly use Aurora and Oengus in battle, but I often switch to Rubella for healing or quick attacks or to Finn to use magic spells. Robert is also useful every once in a while for his multi hits and Hinder. I don't use Tristis that much but Haste is good when you want to abuse an elemental weakness. Haven't tried Gen yet but I think I won't use her much.

Any note on how this game has been selling? I hope Wii U users bought it... At least Miiverse seems very active.

Grewitch

Question about the DLC - if someone starts a new play-through do those runes and oculi return or are they consumed permanently.

I got a corrupted save at Chapter 10 and I started again. I got the Oculi from the Collectors Edition again at the beginning, same as before. Not sure if this entirely answers your question, hope it helps.

Zomba13

I was enjoying this game. It was nice. I had just got the sun back and then in the cutscene after that I crashed and now my save is corrupt. I had a few crashes earlier today but it was ok afterwards but this one has broken it. I doubt I'm going to go back through the game as I think I was nearing the end.

This fucking sucks. Is it because of the shitty auto-save? Like, if we got hard save points or something this would be avoided? Because it's not constantly writing and re-writing a save to the same spot?

Seriously pissed off now which isn't a feeling you want after playing a nice, calming game like this.

EDIT: Oh, PS4 version here. Wish I never bought this or at least got it on a platform where it doesn't crash and corrupt your save (if there is one). You'd think something like this might've been caught in QA. Like, I had it crash 3 times on me today (last one resulting in the data loss) and once or twice last week.

darknil

I'm now on Cynbel Sea and I'm still loving the game. I activated one quest
Cynbel's Secret
but I wasn't really paying attention to the text so I have no idea what I should do with that haha, hope I don't accidentally miss it.

About characters,
I don't see Tristis as a full replacement of Norah because he doesn't have the slow-all spell. That one was godly. I mainly use Aurora and Oengus in battle, but I often switch to Rubella for healing or quick attacks or to Finn to use magic spells. Robert is also useful every once in a while for his multi hits and Hinder. I don't use Tristis that much but Haste is good when you want to abuse an elemental weakness. Haven't tried Gen yet but I think I won't use her much.

Any note on how this game has been selling? I hope Wii U users bought it... At least Miiverse seems very active.

For any particular quest, you can check the info on your inventory.

As for Gen, I used her because of trolly movesets to abuse the Timeline

jf DOOM

Really enjoyed this game quite a bit especially the music and the visuals. The battle system got tedious at times but the overall experience was great. Just wished it had a platinum, I would have picked it up again on Vita and happily replayed it. Unfortunately my journey with this game is at an end.

Darksol

I'm in love with this game. So happy that I bought it on a whim. I'll probably import a Vita physical release when the time comes, too.

I got a corrupted save at Chapter 10 and I started again. I got the Oculi from the Collectors Edition again at the beginning, same as before. Not sure if this entirely answers your question, hope it helps.
As good an answer as any, thanks.

Hopefully the same applies to any dust. (My partner and I have one Steam account and they got the game with all the bonus content, but I'm playing through first and don't want to use up all the stuff.)

Game is spectacular so far.

So CoL just popped onto my radar now that it's coming out for the vita.
I heard it has multiplayer? How does it work? Is there cross-platform play between the sony consoles?

I'm sad NA doesn't get the physical retail edition, i might just bite on the EU/UK version if the DLC isn't too big of a deal.

So CoL just popped onto my radar now that it's coming out for the vita.
I heard it has multiplayer? How does it work? Is there cross-platform play between the sony consoles?

I'm sad NA doesn't get the physical retail edition, i might just bite on the EU/UK version if the DLC isn't too big of a deal.

It has co-op, a la Mario Galaxy.

LordOfChaos

The three eels boss at the statue thingy is the first time I'm finding this game a bit difficult. Did everyone else have a challenge for the first time there ?

The three eels boss at the statue thingy is the first time I'm finding this game a bit difficult. Did everyone else have a challenge for the first time there ?

It's the first time I had to break out my potions and revives. Try focusing on one head at a time. Finn works really well here because of his elemental magic.

Top Bottom