• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child's Play gets Definitive Collector’s Edition Blu-ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link

Special features (at press time):
• NEW 2K scan of the interpositive
• NEW Audio Commentary with director Tom Holland
• Audio Commentary with Alex Vincent, Catherine Hicks and “Chucky” designer Kevin Yagher
• Audio Commentary with Producer David Kirschner and Screenwriter Don Mancini
• Select Scene Chucky Commentaries
• Evil Comes in Small Packages featuring interviews with Don Mancini, David Kirschner, John Lafia, Chris Sarandon, Brad Dourif, Catherine Hicks, Alex Vincent, Kevin Yagher (24 minutes)
• Chucky: Building a Nightmare featuring Kevin Yagher (10 minutes)
• A Monster Convention featuring Catherine Hicks, Alex Vincent and Chris Sarandon (5 minutes)
• Introducing Chucky: The Making of Child’s Play Vintage Featurette (6 minutes)
• The Decade of Darkness – featurette on ‘80s horror films (23 minutes)
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• Still Photo Gallery

More exciting special features are currently in progress and will be announced soon at a later date.

STANDARD OFFER
product_images_modal_ChildsPlay.Cover.72dpi__7B7cea830d-aa6e-40a8-bf0c-5c132ddf42d6_7D.png

Receive the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray with slipcover
Receive a limited-edition 18” x 24” poster of the newly-designed art from artist Justin Osbourn
Product will be shipped two weeks earlier than National Street date of October 18th

Pre-order @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-horror/child-s-play-collector-s-edition

DELUXE OFFER (Limited to 2,000 orders only – pictured below)
product_images_modal_ChildsPlay_BeautyShot.72dpi.png

Receive the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray with slipcover
Receive a limited-edition 18” x 24” poster of the newly-designed art from Justin Obsourn
Product will be shipped two weeks earlier than National Street date of October 18th
Receive a second custom-made “Good Guys Doll” slipcover—made exclusively for this promotion.
Receive a second 18” x 24” poster of the custom-made “Good Guys Doll” artwork
Receive an exclusive, limited edition 5.5″ tall “Good Guys Chucky” doll by NECA

Pre-order @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/f...-limited-edition-with-exclusive-action-figure

I am excited to see how good the transfer is. I heard the current blu-ray offering isn't too great. Also the new art is awesome

Shout / Scream Factory has really been impressing me as of late. I mean, they've always been good, but they just keep getting better.

Tagyhag

Love the 80's style cover.

Will think about getting it. Could have some fun placing that doll close to my unsuspecting roommate.

Price is a bit high for posters and a 5" figure but I'm really curious about the video quality. I'd buy the BR just for a really cleaned up transfer.

I'm excited about the new scan, I hope more extra's get announced though, there's nothing new aside from the director's commentary.

Hopefully 2 & 3 get Collector's Editions as well.

Shadybiz

Oh man I would like to get this. The wife does not do "doll movies" though, and I rarely watch movies by myself.

SeanC

Wish I was a bigger fan of the movie, but I always like their packaging and 2016 might just be Scream Factory's best year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom