• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chilean Navy releases UFO video

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Damn, some people here want ULTRA HD 4K Blu-ray LIMITED EDITION footage before they accept something as possibly unfamiliar and unknown to us.

We dont know what this is, we should be more concerned about how valid the footage itself is rather than trying to discredit or affirm whatever we are seeing.

Is this a credible source?

system11

<UFO lands>
Aliens: "We are from Xyrpon, we come in peace"
Human: "Yeah whatever, that's just a rubber mask, look at those ears. Call that a space ship? It's a Chinook with a bodykit and disco lights"
<humans grab ears and pull>

This is how we get exterminated.

Seems pretty likely that it's some kind of stealth aircraft nobody is going to admit exists.

I think the source of the footage and details of the analysis are more interesting than your standard UFO video.

Have a look at the article if you're actually interested.

lol. Isn't that always the case? The explanation is always more interesting than the actual footage with these things.

Khoryos

<UFO lands>
Aliens: "We are from Xyrpon, we come in peace"
Human: "Yeah whatever, that's just a rubber mask, look at those ears. Call that a space ship? It's a Chinook with a bodykit and disco lights"
<humans grab ears and pull>

This is how we get exterminated.

Seems pretty likely that it's some kind of stealth aircraft nobody is going to admit exists.

Didn't most of the UFO reports from Area 51 turn out to be early drones?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

I can't find the source. The Huffington post doesn't show any links to any sources.
There is no mention of it on the CEFAA website which I find odd.

Does anyone have a source of this information from the Chilean government?

Yes but nobody can find the actual source of this story so...

I kind of feel like that's just a lack of communication, not fabricating the info. I mean there are pictures of the conference in the article, and it's pretty grounded. There's also other places reporting on this.

Would be nice to get to the source though (and someone earlier suggested earlier the organization itself might be iffy)

I kind of feel like that's just a lack of communication, not fabricating the info. I mean there are pictures of the conference in the article, and it's pretty grounded. There's also other places reporting on this.

Would be nice to get to the source though (and someone earlier suggested earlier the organization itself might be iffy)

Typical. "It seems authentic!" This why these things go nowhere.

Typical. "It seems authentic!" This why these things go nowhere.

I'm going to try and find the source, but I would be surprised if this isn't an actual release from these guys (who are an official Chilean government agency)

That will be tomorrow though, because it's 11pm here.

eot

Banned
Damn, some people here want ULTRA HD 4K Blu-ray LIMITED EDITION footage before they accept something as possibly unfamiliar and unknown to us.

We dont know what this is, we should be more concerned about how valid the footage itself is rather than trying to discredit or affirm whatever we are seeing.

If all you have is a shitty video where you can't make anything out, then the conclusion is that based on the video you can't say what it is. That doesn't mean it's some huge mystery. Weirder things than this have had mundane explanations.

200_s.gif

Fingers crossed it's this guy.

I join the group of - Unless it's obviously Aliens - I won't be convinced until it's actually proven.

By 'obviously Aliens' I mean physical contact or huge independence day style ships.

10bit pls

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It kinda looks like a big ass drone. There seem to be four blurry possible propellers like on a drone.

UFO doesn't mean aliens. I do think this fits the definition, and I'd implore everyone reads the article (or at least looks at it) before dismissing this footage and sighting.

But if they actually read it and thought about it beyond "lol aliens", they would betray the modern approach to "skepticism".

Said approach is to dismiss everything offhand, put words into mouths of anyone who is actually traditionally skeptical (i.e. anyone who says we don't know what this is, it may show signs of being unnatural, anyone who actually wants to research it, etc.) with tired "It's unknown, it must be aliens. Crazy UFO nuts!" memes, and basically control the argument because of their perceived superior intellects for dismissing everything.

Just worth pointing out that the source of this, the CEFAA and the General Ricardo Bermúdez, have been a mainstay of the UFO communities for a while and have pushed pretty much any UFO theory out there. So keep a skeptical eye open.

Of course it's nothing. Anyone with half a brain knows this.

Damnit, we would have had full dosclosure if Hillary was President.

The radar information is intriguing and explains why we haven't been able to find UFOs as often as we should be.

A ten minute video of a UFO recorded by a Chilean Navy Helicopter has been released by the Chilean government.

The video was recorded on November 11 2014, and has undergone extensive analysis.

General Ricardo Bermúdez, Director of CEFAA during the investigation stated “We do not know what it was, but we do know what it was not.”

There's a great (and detailed) write up by a Huffington Post contributor here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ased-from-chilean_us_586d37bce4b014e7c72ee56b

Here's a video of the object emitting... something:

https://youtu.be/gOLpeBp9m1Y

And here's the full 10 minutes of footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkUTGpegZN0

Pretty interesting! Your thoughts GAF?

You know what, after the unbelievable and terrifying happened last year, I am going with that this is a real UFO and the aliens who were going to come and usher in a golden age for us recognized we fucked up and have left to return at a later date.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Aliens chose the wrong time to show up. Trump's going to build a space wall. Also probably declare war on them and end humanity.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You let me know when we get an actual up close detailed shot of something a bit more definitive. I mean I guess it could be aliens in the OP's video but it a most likely by and far its something far more mundane and boring like it always is.

Also Big Foots bull shit, the Loch Ness monster was a hoax and the Moth Man was a fucking crock.

sinxtanx

You let me know when we get an actual up close detailed shot of something a bit more definitive. I mean I guess it could be aliens in the OP's video but it a most likely by and far its something far more mundane and boring like it always is.

Also Big Foots bull shit, the Loch Ness monster was a hoax and the Moth Man was a fucking crock.

you are assuming that UFO = aliens

if you don't want to see unidentified objects don't enter threads about unidentified objects

The article is pretty interesting. They went to quite a length to debunk it. The object not showing up on radar either. Neat.

Kinda annoying how these types of threads just turn into a contest to have the best witty comment.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Interesting. Correct me if im wrong but from watching the longer video it seems that this object is completely invisible to the naked eye and only shows up on other cameras? Is that what that switching back and forth between colorized shots and black/white is?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Interesting. Correct me if im wrong but from watching the longer video it seems that this object is completely invisible to the naked eye and only shows up on other cameras? Is that what that switching back and forth between colorized shots and black/white is?

No it's visible, just much harder to see. It appears as a couple of white pixels on the regular camera.

pitchfork

Well its definitely 'Unidentified' that's for sure

Weird and kinda cool, although I am more inclined to believe in it being secret military technology over extra terrestrial

How about we stop referring to a HuffPo blog, written by an author of 2 books and countless blog posts about UFOs/paranormal events, as an article? To those who are salty about how dismissive GAF can be in threads like this, the kind of disingenuous representation of your sources do not help your cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom