• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China confirms lift of console ban in Shanghai, serves as "test-zone"

Gskyace

Do you know why it's over for them?

I think it's obviously. iQue 3DS doesn't do good in mainland.
According to what I see, the team is not so professional. Also, with limited resources, nothing could have been done actually.
But the main reason I believe is the market is not healthy, especially for Nintendo.

About iQue 3DS

iQue 3DS is here actually, but there are only two games published.
Mario Kart and Mario 3D land, they are pre-installed in the iQue 3DS.
No more games.

And iQue 3DS's game is listed in a separate region. So no JP or US or EU games could be played.
Luckily, only games from Asia region with simplified Chinese could be played by iQue 3DS.Zelda has traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese in it, it's great. It's the only one so far, I remember.
While, because Mario Kart and Mario 3D land is digital only, when you wipe out the console, they are gone.

Another reason is that, compared to iPhone and Android games, console gamers are minority. While most of nintendo players have already bought JP or US 3DS. Only few will buy another one, just for supporting.

After all...

Assuming that arcade cabinets are not considered as consoles

Are arcades popular there then? I know KoF is pretty popular in china, but are arcades in general popular in China? People attribute the death of arcades to consoles, so without the so called "arcade killer" did the arcades survive anyways?

Or did internet cafes kill the arcade

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Gotta take more than that to wean the Chinese off their DOTA IV.

Should be really interesting to see how more of a console presence affecting purchases and gaming habits. I can easily see Sony doing much better due to having a lot more premium appeal to the wealthier citizens.

GamerJM

Banned
China also has the strongest community for video game fan translation patch in the world. Games that you could only dream about (Valkyria Chronicles 3, Digimon, Seven Dragon, Summon Nights, Time Traveler, Last Ranker, Super Robot Taisent all got Chinese translation patch).

I've always been curious, why is this? I mean, even though there are more people in China, like other people have said F2P and internet cafe games are the most popular there. In theory there would be a lot less people to work on a translation patch.

Top Bottom