• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christmas with a gun... (short film)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent short film. Good filmography, good narration/script. Great acting on the part of the prey.

However, by posting that thread title, you pretty much sucked out half the point of the film. Suspense was the key in the first half, and you ruined that.

Thanks.

It's people like you who put the ends to movies in the trailer.

*edit* There are some untagged spoilers below! So watch the video first! Or you will be doooooomed.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Felidae_Khrall said:
Excellent short film. Good filmography, good narration/script. Great acting on the part of the prey.

However, by posting that thread title, you pretty much sucked out half the point of the film. Suspense was the key in the first half, and you ruined that.

Thanks.

Don't you have a topic to post about your cat havning a bowel movement, or how you just ate some of the sandwich from lunch that was lodged between your teeth?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Felidae_Khrall said:

Thanks.

You're welcome.

Come again.

Oh, and since we're being critical... I think you are using the word "filmography" wrong.

Mr Pockets said:
You're welcome.

Come again.

Oh, and since we're being critical... I think you are using the word "filmography" wrong.

Yes, I *did* (past tense), i'm hot and tired. I should have said cinematography However, that doesn't invalidate my point that you defeated the purpose of the filmmakers work. They tried hard to build suspense to the point where you find out what it is that they were hunting, and you just destroyed that.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Felidae_Khrall said:
Yes, I *did* (past tense), i'm hot and tired. I should have said cinematography However, that doesn't invalidate my point that you defeated the purpose of the filmmakers work. They tried hard to build suspense to the point where you find out what it is that they were hunting, and you just destroyed that.
Destroyed seems overly dramatic...how about "decreased the overall artistic impact", I think that sounds more appealing.

Either way...posting threads is a tough business. You've got to get the people in before you can keep them coming back for more.

It's a sellers market, blame society.

Mr Pockets said:
Destroyed seems overly dramatic...how about "decreased the overall artistic impact", I think that sounds more appealing.

Either way...posting threads is a tough business. You've got to get the people in before you can keep them coming back for more.

It's a sellers market, blame society.

It's a marketing problem. Why not just name Citizen Kane "The sled called rosebud."

Alternative Thread titles.

"Christmas in the woods." "The winter hunt."

Also, I did not say you destroyed their entire work, I said you destroyed the suspense they were trying to build.

Had I not seen Mall santa in the thread title I would have had no idea what they were hunting, and would have been watching, wondering what they were after.

With the thread title in mind, I was watching, wondering when they were going to get to the fat man.

So yes, you destroyed/removed/deleted, whatever word you want to use to spin it, the suspense no longer existed.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Maybe a mod will come in and change the title to

"Christmas with a gun"

or

"Hunters shoot more than animals"

or

"Slavery : Xmas style"

But probably not...

For the record...next time I post such wonderous films, I will considering the title more, just for you :D

UOTE=Mr Pockets]Maybe a mod will come in and change the title to

"Christmas with a gun"

or

"Hunters shoot more than animals"

or

"Slavery : Xmas style"

But probably not...

For the record...next time I post such wonderous films, I will considering the title more, just for you :D[/QUOTE]

That's all I ask :D

iapetus said:
Ta-DAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Bravo iapetus!
Now.. on the one hand, I'm happy 'cause people who haven't read this thread yet, will get a chance to see the video right..

On the other.. i gotta go back and put spoiler tags on all my posts, or they'll sound completely hypocritical. :) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom