• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Class of Heroes 2 |OT| Our dungeons go to 11!

cj_iwakura

2MKJ972.jpg

Against all odds, Class of Heroes 2 is a PSP dungeon crawler being localized by Working Designs Gaijinworks and MonkeyPaw Games.

final_two.png

Releases on June 4th, 2013 for $24.99 on the US-PSN.

If you were awesome enough to support the physical release initiative, you'll receive your code on the same day with the UMD version being shipped a few weeks afterward.

EcjIjO3.png

xMXSq7A.png

Classofheroes.jpg

The original Class of Heroes was localized by a little company called Atlus in 2009.

The sequel is improved in lots of ways, namely, from Victor Ireland:

1. Appraisal system is GONE.
2. Less level grinding
3. Party money is pooled instead of that crappy discrete money system
4. None of that confusing, annoying multi-random dungeon entrance stuff. Every labyrinth's entrances and exits stay the same.
5. Class is tied to races
6. Main story arc is more engaging
7. Graphics are a bit better
8. Indoor and outdoor labyrinths (1 is quite claustrophobic)
9. Alchemy instructor is much sexier

Basically, they took almost everything there was to hate about CoH1 (there was a lot) and removed or improved it. As a result, CoH2 is a much more enjoyable experience.

CoH2 gives you a bonus if you import your CoH1 save at the beginning, but I wouldn't recommend playing CoH1 if you haven't. It's just too abusive and might turn you off of CoH2 before you even start.

There are also two more games in the series: CoH3&4, with Chrono Academy(a complete revision) further down the line, and Vic has plans to do them as well if this succeeds.
Which it totally should.

nkB3tQB.png

Zik5I2L.jpg

4YVDEc0.png

Screens

Videos

Bacchus' Quest/Boss Battle

(note: HYPE boss music)

Gameplay Trailer

JP Opening

:(

Reviews (TBA)

Can also make up some avatars if anyone wants. Character art is growing on me.

Trigger

Great OP!! :D

1. Appraisal system is GONE.
2. Less level grinding
3. Party money is pooled instead of that crappy discrete money system
4. None of that confusing, annoying multi-random dungeon entrance stuff. Every labyrinth's entrances and exits stay the same.
6. Main story arc is more engaging
7. Graphics are a bit better
8. Indoor and outdoor labyrinths (1 is quite claustrophobic)
9. Alchemy instructor is much sexier

Now this is what I want to hear.

imsHqkMJWeh1b.gif

Still, I can't help but wish we could just got Chrono Academy.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Is there going to be a demo for this?

I kinda want to get a feel for the game, but I am guessing it is similar to EO?

I didn't realize the physical copy order page was so time sensitive and missed out (saving for a house and all that, ugh).

I am still interested in the game, but maybe it'll be some time and I'll just grab it digital only.

Marche90

Nice OP, CJ! Shame about me no longer having my PSP (and a Vita is not an option for the moment), since I would have liked to support it.

Did my part and pre-ordered. Hopefully this will pave the way for more niche releases.

And if this game can get a physical release, I'm still not sure why Ace Attorney 5 can't. :/

vireland

I'm quite interested in this game, if the feedback is good, maybe I'll download it for my vita

I haven't been able to see it on the Vita (no dev kit yet), so I'm looking forward to seeing it on the Vita OLED screen, too. It's very colorful, so I'm expecting it to really pop.

vireland

Class of Heroes 2 is live on PSN for Press reviewers who have codes. Looks awesome on the Vita screen. I highly recommend using that if you have a PSP and a Vita.

Class of Heroes 2 is live on PSN for Press reviewers who have codes. Looks awesome on the Vita screen. I highly recommend using that if you have a PSP and a Vita.

Speaking of codes, when do you anticipate sending out the codes for the electronic vouchers?

I got my Electronic Reservation Voucher Code, but I am not sure if THAT is what I need to put into PSN, or if you are going to send me something else.

And I guess whenever you send those codes we will still have to wait for the store to update, or will it be tuesday 00:00 (12:00am) download?

vireland

Speaking of codes, when do you anticipate sending out the codes for the electronic vouchers?

I got my Electronic Reservation Voucher Code, but I am not sure if THAT is what I need to put into PSN, or if you are going to send me something else.

And I guess whenever you send those codes we will still have to wait for the store to update, or will it be tuesday 00:00 (12:00am) download?

The actual PSN code will come via email automatically.

You *may* have to wait for the update in the afternoon - we're still working on this. As such, we'll probably send the PSN codes to Physical+Digital buyers the day before or the day of, depending. We'll keep this info updated as the launch day approaches and we learn the details.

vireland

Congrats on finally getting this up on the US PSN (albeit not for sale until next week). Hope you're not too plagued by pre-release stress. :)

Thanks!

You're right. There's a lot going on - we're still managing the physical version and getting the rights cleared on the opening song (at which point we have to re-make the digital version so people can download the "complete" version). We won't be done-done for another 6 weeks, at least.

It IS very nice to have this milestone passed, though. Here's hoping the fans enjoy the game, see the improvements in the series, and sales meet our modest expectations.

You're right. There's a lot going on - we're still managing the physical version and getting the rights cleared on the opening song (at which point we have to re-make the digital version so people can download the "complete" version). We won't be done-done for another 6 weeks, at least.

Thank you for going the extra mile to add the opening back in once the rights issue is cleared up. A lot of publishers would have just said "well, looks like we are not having an opening anymore!"

I look forward to playing this next week.

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I am legitimately going to get this game when it releases.

Haven't bought a PSP game in YEARS....going to dust off the old PSP-2000 just for this game.

vireland

Thank you for going the extra mile to add the opening back in once the rights issue is cleared up. A lot of publishers would have just said "well, looks like we are not having an opening anymore!"

I look forward to playing this next week.

The rights still aren't clear, so we're not sure WHAT song is going there (we're shooting for the one we already did), but there WILL be a song and the opening restored.

Thanks for your support, too!

vireland

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I am legitimately going to get this game when it releases.

Haven't bought a PSP game in YEARS....going to dust off the old PSP-2000 just for this game.

The support is very much appreciated. Hopefully we can turn on your PSP habit again with even more RPGs (or Vita - these look amazing on the Vita, too).

Can't wait for my code. Still wish we could have gotten the game a week early, but the game itself wouldn't appear for purchase online until June 4th. Think of all the reviews that could have been posted during that week prior ;)

I put like 70 hours into the first one before its grind forced me to tap out in mercy. Will grab this version off PSN when it is available since it's much improved from the other thread I read on the game.

Looking forward to my copy. So what is this electronic reservation voucher I got in my inbox? I still need it for PSN code for next week?

vireland

Looking forward to my copy. So what is this electronic reservation voucher I got in my inbox? I still need it for PSN code for next week?

That e-voucher is just a "container" that holds the reservation for your digital PSN code and the physical copies. Both will be sent to you automatically when they are available (next week for PSN download code, physical about 3-4 weeks later). You should only have to refer to that e-voucher code if there is a problem.

Now that's an |OT|.

Just one Playstation Update away...it's really happening. I believe this will be the first PSP game I'll be playing exclusively on my Vita.

I saw this thread go up today and didn't have time to post it in. i'm excited. let me go charge up my vita and do a few updates to it.

cj_iwakura

So someone was nice enough to share a review code. Ergo, my expedition begins now! :D

The manual will be a GODSEND. It has all the stat reqs for the classes and everything!

And yes, you'll be rerolling your people. Way more a Wizardry-like than EO.

Thinking Samurai/Warrior/Monk | Ranger/Sorcerer|Idol(?).

Teknoman

I'm ready...only problem with these is that I take too long deciding what I want my initial party to be lol. Liking what i'm hearing from the battle theme (boss battle?) in the Battle Event video.

Raggie

Am I the only one who enjoyed the first Class of Heroes?

I don't honestly understand why people talk about it as "punishing". I thought it was far less grindy and punishing than Etrian Odyssey, which I didn't bother to finish. Maybe it depends a lot on the party but I didn't really need to grind after the first few maps.

That's the plan (also to offer the physical+digital for more PSP titles), but it's pretty much up to maintaining and hopefully growing very modest fan support.

Planning on "turning off the lights" like with the Saturn and Magic Knight Rayearth? I can get behind this.

Top Bottom