• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Class of Heroes 2 |OT| Our dungeons go to 11!

Just now was the first time I saw the Japanese opening movie.

It's far from unforgettable. I actually didn't see it through. Not gonna miss it on my UMD.

Great OP, cj.

vireland

Just now was the first time I saw the Japanese opening movie.

It's far from unforgettable. I actually didn't see it through. Not gonna miss it on my UMD.

Great OP, cj.

That's why I don't get the few that are freaking out about it not being on the UMD. Yeah, it sucks, but we ARE putting it back digitally as soon as we get a cleared song, and while we did a very faithful version (TOO faithful is part of the problem with the rights), it's not like the opening is Soul Edge or something. It's just a cute throwaway intro.

cj_iwakura

That's why I don't get the few that are freaking out about it not being on the UMD. Yeah, it sucks, but we ARE putting it back digitally as soon as we get a cleared song, and while we did a very faithful version (TOO faithful is part of the problem with the rights), it's not like the opening is Soul Edge or something. It's just a cute throwaway intro.

Obviously the solution is a gangster rap version.

Quite looking forward to this and hoping the initial reception and then some is enough to hit all the useful targets for more future goodness---such an uncommon thing for a great many series these days that the growth over time is actually substantial in a good direction versus the Madden stereotype or the head-shaking bewilderment that is the Final Fantasy situation on the whole.

In a better world, I'd have an online capable PSP and money already thrown at the thing to keep my copy of CoH 1 company, but alas, I'll just have to wait and bold the title in the old to-do list that continues to grow out of control while recommending it to anybody and everybody I come across that has all the pieces in place to avail themselves of it in the near term.

Does anyone know how the monthly PSN sales figures are calculated? If roughly 2,500 people redeem vouchers for the digital version of COH2, will that reflect in the June sales figures? As soon as I am well into the game, I'll be rating it as well. Hopefully the game can make the top 10 for June (for PSP at the very least) and get some good PR.

vireland

Any hope for a UK/EU release? Or am I going to have to import from USA and play it on my PSP?

There will be an EU release, but it will trail the US by some months. We haven't got a PEGI rating yet and aren't slotted with SCEE yet. Hopefully we get it tighter by CoH3.

KiTA

So... Tuesday on the PSN? Presumably middle of the day Tuesday? Will we be getting our codes emailed to us around that time?

... any chance for a sneakily early release for us physical backers? ;)

Since realistically there's no way I'd play this on a UMD (My options are a PSP Go or a Vita), I guess I'll be picking this up digitally on Tuesday. I don't know when I'm going to get to play it, since the Oracle games are taking up my time, but I'll probably get to it eventually.

Well so much for only planning on buying one game this month. Never finished the original but I enjoyed the 40ish hours I put in it. Mmm more first person dungeon crawls, num nums.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Do the numbers in this vary as much as they do in the original? I'm currently playing that and it seems like damage can be anything between 1 and 150 based on pure luck. Enemy HP seems like it can also be very different between the same type of enemies (on the same level).
I don't think it was that extreme in the PSN Wizardry game.

vireland

Do the numbers in this vary as much as they do in the original? I'm currently playing that and it seems like damage can be anything between 1 and 150 based on pure luck. Enemy HP seems like it can also be very different between the same type of enemies (on the same level).
I don't think it was that extreme in the PSN Wizardry game.

In my experience, it depends on the races/classes/alignments/loadout of your party. If they have a wide variance, you can have a heavy duty monster completely miss your Samurai, but blast your Puppeteer.

vireland

So... Tuesday on the PSN? Presumably middle of the day Tuesday? Will we be getting our codes emailed to us around that time?

... any chance for a sneakily early release for us physical backers? ;)

Possible, but we need to test the codes before sending them to everyone. Will you be up late Monday night? You can be my guinea pig if you were on the P+D list already. If it works with you, we can send them all out at Midnight between Mon/Tues. PM me if you're interested (only YOU - my PM box is full enough - no other "volunteers").

scy

I put in a good amount of time with the first game but I don't think I ever got around to figuring out some of the mechanics of it. Guess I'll try to do that this time around.

Also hope that I do get my Kickstarter bonus ;__;

9. Alchemy instructor is much sexier

Well that's good.

Raggie

2 days...

Reading a few previews right now. One of them says the alchemy system is still included and cumbersome...I could have sworn this was removed :(

The alchemy system was my least favorite thing in CoH1. Too much time spent on going through menus instead of adventuring. At least the changes in how you deal with money should make the process a bit less cumbersome.

I hate alchemy & crafting period. Legendary equipment should stay where it belongs, in the deepest of dungeons. You don't simply craft the Epic Sword of Legendary heroes by smooshing enough bird feathers and gator talons together. Keep that nonsense in Monster Hunter and other games I don't play. Alchemy is just bleaugh.
Oh well, I'll deal with it somehow.

vireland

I hate alchemy & crafting period. Legendary equipment should stay where it belongs, in the deepest of dungeons. You don't simply craft the Epic Sword of Legendary heroes by smooshing enough bird feathers and gator talons together. Keep that nonsense in Monster Hunter and other games I don't play. Alchemy is just bleaugh.
Oh well, I'll deal with it somehow.

If it's any consolation, alchemy seems to be demphasized as the series progresses, which is also fine by me.

You can get through all of Class of Heroes 2 only using alchemy on a handful of quests to shortcut getting items that you'd otherwise have to get from infrequent monster drops. In those few cases it's much easier than fighting a ton of somewhat challenging monsters. Otherwise, I'm with you in not doing Alchemy much.

vireland

The alchemy system was my least favorite thing in CoH1. Too much time spent on going through menus instead of adventuring. At least the changes in how you deal with money should make the process a bit less cumbersome.

I also didn't like the way the alchemy system handled multiples. If I give it enough stuff to make me 3 wyvern call tickets, it should just do it in one batch, not do one and give me back the extra ingredients. But to fix that was too big of a change to test well with our evolving knowledge of the codebase, so we decided not to do it.

KiTA

Possible, but we need to test the codes before sending them to everyone. Will you be up late Monday night? You can be my guinea pig if you were on the P+D list already. If it works with you, we can send them all out at Midnight between Mon/Tues. PM me if you're interested (only YOU - my PM box is full enough - no other "volunteers").

I work graves, so I'll be at work / in transit roughly from 9 PM MST to 9 AM MST. My work has Wifi so I could hop on anytime that night, but who knows what projects will be awaiting me when I get there tomorrow that might complicate things.

I'll PM you and take my PSP to work, but I don't know exactly when I will be able to test it out. Pity you can't redeem PSN codes via a web interface or something.

vireland

PSN download codes for those that bought the Class of Heroes 2 Physical+Digital presale bundle will be sent out at midnight EST and are live immediately.

KiTA

PSN download codes for those that bought the Class of Heroes 2 Physical+Digital presale bundle will be sent out at midnight EST and are live immediately.

Since we can talk about it -- the download is 221 megs. Rather quick install afterwards.

If you have a CoH1 save, make sure you have it on your memory stick.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I won't be able to play this right away, but good on everyone who helped make a midnight release possible. It seems pretty rare not to have to wait for GCT.

I'll PM you and take my PSP to work, but I don't know exactly when I will be able to test it out. Pity you can't redeem PSN codes via a web interface or something.
Actually, you can.

Awesome. It sounds like it'll be a painless transaction from the last time I had to wait for a PSN code for a game that was recently updated to the PS Store.

Since we can talk about it -- the download is 221 megs. Rather quick install afterwards.

I thought COH2 was said to be roughly 600MB? Not that I'm complaining, but 221MB would take far less time to download :D

Quixzlizx

Does it have to be a clear game save?

Also, what's the legitimate way of getting a PSP save of a UMD game onto a Vita?

Thanks
\/\/

Jucksalbe

Banned
Also, what's the legitimate way of getting a PSP save of a UMD game onto a Vita?

Connect your PSP to a PC, copy the save (the whole folder with the Game ID in its name), then connect the Vita and copy the save from the PC to the Vita through the Content Manager.
Maybe you can also do it with your PS3, I never tried. If you can it's probably easier since you won't have to find the right directories.

vireland

Elminage is truly a fantastic game, and it saddens me that Vic didn't get it instead of UFO.

The fact that they went back and fixed up the stunning amount of janglish and nonsense system messages from the original release shows they are at least trying. I wish I could do all the stranded jRPGs myself and get them over here, but unfortunately, I can't. At least some are still willing to pitch in!

cj_iwakura

The fact that they went back and fixed up the stunning amount of janglish and nonsense system messages from the original release shows they are at least trying. I wish I could do all the stranded jRPGs myself and get them over here, but unfortunately, I can't. At least some are still willing to pitch in!

Agreed. But even that patch was far from perfect.

I admire whoever did the localization, though. The core story writing was very good.

vireland

Agreed. But even that patch was far from perfect.

I admire whoever did the localization, though. The core story writing was very good.

I'm not sure perfect is even possible with dungeon crawlers because of the crafting, stat modifiers, etc, etc. ZeroDiv has had 5 games to work in the system they made and they still have a decent amount of bugs in each release. We played the crap out of Class of Heroes 2 in English, and there were still bugs that made it into the PSN release that we found later (and are fixed for the UMD and the PSN release with the intro put back). With hundreds of spells, dozens of skills, and thousands of items and materials there's just a lot of room for error.

All of that said, the copious gobs of system messages that were messed up in Eliminage is pretty inexcusable. Those are obvious within the first few minutes of gameplay and not hard to find/test. But, again, the fact that they were/are willing to patch/fix is a good sign.

Top Bottom