• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Class of Heroes 2 |OT| Our dungeons go to 11!

aww. will get the code right before i go to bed. we need some advance emails *WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE*

Midnight is a bit late for me, what with work in the morning and all. If I could get the code early and get the game downloaded that would be quite cool. Would make my lunch hour much more interesting.

scy

PSN download codes for those that bought the Class of Heroes 2 Physical+Digital presale bundle will be sent out at midnight EST and are live immediately.

Oh boy, now I'll end up not sleeping tonight ;__;

Not the worst that could happen, I suppose.

vireland

PSN Class of Heroes 2 codes are batching now and should start trickling out - a little early for the East Coasters waiting up before heading to bed!

cj_iwakura

Protips y'all:

• MAKE A RANGER. And yes that bow is worth it.
  • Idols suck.
  • Mages are OP.
  • Let the good enemies leave.
  • No really. Idols suck.

takoyaki

Just got my code, worked flawlessly; thanks for the nice surprise! Hope this works out and we'll get more of the niche RPG goodness in the future.

edit: took 3 min. to download and looks really nice on a Vita

vireland

Just got my code, worked flawlessly; thanks for the nice surprise! Hope this works out and we'll get more of the niche RPG goodness in the future.

You're welcome - enjoy.

I forgot to mention in the code email that all the maps are on gaijinworks.com in the help section, so if you're frustrated, say in the Witch's Woods or Ancient Labyrinth, it's a great reference.

garath

You're welcome - enjoy.

I forgot to mention in the code email that all the maps are on gaijinworks.com in the help section, so if you're frustrated, say in the Witch's Woods or Ancient Labyrinth, it's a great reference.

Ooh should add that to the op

NeededSleep

Awwww yes got my code! Thank you Vic and thank your team for us too!

Now can't wait for my kickstarter version to come in!

RedBoot

Protips y'all:

• MAKE A RANGER. And yes that bow is worth it.
  • Idols suck.
  • Mages are OP.
  • Let the good enemies leave.
  • No really. Idols suck.

Aw, I wanted to make an Idol.

Game is downloading to the Vita now. Gotta hunt down my old CoH1 save in the meantime.

KiTA

Idols are probably very useful later on, but really weak early on. That kind of class usually is.

I think that making at least one character of each race is important - each race has a race specific class.

My few hundred hours in Elminage (which is vaguely related to CoH) suggests that at least one Monk is probably the best way to break the early game balance. The monk-equivalent class in Elminage was insane.

RedBoot

Welp, can't find my old CoH1 save. It's on a memory stick that's probably buried in a box somewhere. I'll just have to start fresh. I didn't beat the game (though I was close), so it might not have gotten me anything anyway.

Young Magus

Got my code and finished my download, I'll play the game later on tonight.

Again, congrats based Vic, whenever you have another physical+digital bundle I'll support it.

vireland

Idols are probably very useful later on, but really weak early on. That kind of class usually is.

I think that making at least one character of each race is important - each race has a race specific class.

My few hundred hours in Elminage (which is vaguely related to CoH) suggests that at least one Monk is probably the best way to break the early game balance. The monk-equivalent class in Elminage was insane.

I use Idols alot, but pretty much for stat boosting and to hear him sing "oh baby!" when casting healing. I don't think it's a very awesome class, even at high levels, but he is entertaining.

vireland

Thanks to all for the support with this one.

I did want to mention that some quests can disappear at certain "key" quests, so save often, in case you hit one of those and quests you wanted to do are gone. There are three points where it happens in the game. I'll try to get a FAQ together on gaijinworks.com site with this info and other common sticking points.

RedBoot

Hmm, can't seem to make a Samurai or Ninja. Are they not available from the start? I've got the right stats and alignment...

KiTA

Welp, can't find my old CoH1 save. It's on a memory stick that's probably buried in a box somewhere. I'll just have to start fresh. I didn't beat the game (though I was close), so it might not have gotten me anything anyway.

Just start COH1, save immediately, and import that. You'll get the important goodies that way.

It's no huge bother if you miss out on them. Nothing game changing.

So, random stuff from the Wiki:
http://pokowiki.com/totomono2/

For those who are Wizardry and Elminage vets, the advanced classes are shaken up by this. Nowhere near as much as COH3 though.

Lord: Dragon Knight, the Bhamun special class
Samurai: Swordsman (basic class), Berserker (Dwarf racial class). Berserker is more huge damage, Swordsman ia basically the Samurai from older games (Fighter + Mage with huge damage.)
Brawler: Monk (basic class) then Beast (Felpur special class)
Bishop: Sage (Fairy special class), minus the Identifing items thing
Summoner: Elf exclusive. Diablos get a Necromancer class which is... Not the same?
Alchemist: Gnome exclusive - not sure if this means crafting requires a Gnome party member / bench warmer or not.

Race specific classes are unlocked later in the game.

Apparently the Celestial racial class is absurd.

vireland

Hmm, can't seem to make a Samurai or Ninja. Are they not available from the start? I've got the right stats and alignment...

Some of the classes are only available at the other two schools (Panini and Bruschetta), so you have to start with one class, then change over at the other schools when they open up to you and you have the stats for it.

KiTA

Classes, even the basic ones, are race restricted, I think.

Ninja is Human, Kzulaz, and Diablo only.
Samurai is Human, Dwarf, Felpur, and Celestial only.

Names are probably off. Typing all this on the bus via an Android tablet, heh.

RedBoot

Some of the classes are only available at the other two schools (Panini and Bruschetta), so you have to start with one class, then change over at the other schools when they open up to you and you have the stats for it.

I was trying to make a Bahamun Samurai, but if I switch it to a Felpur or Celestian, it works. Are they race-specific, or would I need to go to the other schools for a Bahamun Samurai and the like?

Verelios

Sweet, I'm going to DL this first thing in the morning.

Can't wait for my physical set to arrive. Well, technically I'm just going to put it into storage...but I want to see it!

vireland

I was trying to make a Bahamun Samurai, but if I switch it to a Felpur or Celestian, it works. Are they race-specific, or would I need to go to the other schools for a Bahamun Samurai and the like?

No Bahamun Samurai. Available classes are race-specific. If you check out the classes at classofheroes.com you can get a quick visual by class of what races work for it (note that sometimes there's a screen to the left or right of the first that comes up.

DiscoJer

Vita has been stuck on the "preparing to download please wait" for a few minutes now. :(

It's been doing that for the last couple of months. Really, really annoying. Usually you have to turn off your Vita and try again.

I don't think Sony has acknowledged the problem, so who knows if it will ever get fixed.

cj_iwakura

So since Victor was kind enough to supply a review copy, I have a code I no longer need.

I figure someone reading this thread should get it. (Try to be honest and let someone who didn't buy the game get it, please.)

Either create a fan art or short story about your ideal party. I'll give it away tomorrow to whoever does the best work.

RedBoot

No Bahamun Samurai. Available classes are race-specific. If you check out the classes at classofheroes.com you can get a quick visual by class of what races work for it (note that sometimes there's a screen to the left or right of the first that comes up.

Cat Samurai it is, then.

So I haven't been exactly following but what bonuses do you get for having a Class of Heroes 1 save on your memory card?

For importing a save five seconds into the game, I got a Return Ticket, a medal of some sort, and 200G. Haven't gotten past the character creation yet so I can't say what the first two do (though I assume the ticket is some sort of dungeon escape item). I think you get more for a clear save.

Played for about 20 minutes, just to check it out. Just a quick run through to get a feel for the battle system, I didn't even save. It's a cool little dungeon crawler, it reminds me a bit of Etrian Oddysey. Movement is a little weird out in the field - where it looks like I can go forward, I often can't. And is there a map that I missed? I had a party member knocked out by a trap and was trying to get back to the school but I was kinda lost.

Again, a lot of that was the result of me rushing through it all, just to get a feel for it. It looks great on the Vita.

And thanks Vic for all you did in this lengthy process, I almost can't believe the game is finally here. Can't wait to get my precious physical copy.

cj_iwakura

Played for about 20 minutes, just to check it out. Just a quick run through to get a feel for the battle system, I didn't even save. It's a cool little dungeon crawler, it reminds me a bit of Etrian Oddysey. Movement is a little weird out in the field - where it looks like I can go forward, I often can't. And is there a map that I missed? I had a party member knocked out by a trap and was trying to get back to the school but I was kinda lost.

Again, a lot of that was the result of me rushing through it all, just to get a feel for it. It looks great on the Vita.

And thanks Vic for all you did in this lengthy process, I almost can't believe the game is finally here. Can't wait to get my precious physical copy.

The map is sold at the school, or the Mage learns a spell a little later.

vireland

CJ has your map answer.

I use the L/R triggers to sidestep and the analog or D-pad to go forward/back. Makes it pretty easy to move through an area quickly (once you know there aren't traps in the area. :)

Top Bottom