• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Class of Heroes 2 |OT| Our dungeons go to 11!

cj_iwakura

Heh.

Victor Ireland said:
Okay, so taking a break from shipping because I promised this last week and haven't written it up yet.

The physical version of Class of Heroes 2 has both a "T" and a "E-10" rating in the same package. Wait, what?

Originally, the digital version of Class of Heroes 2 was rated online using ESRB's self-service tool for digital content. We answered questions about what material was in the game, and it spit out a "T" rating and three descriptors, which we used. However, even though the physical version was not being sold at retail and only direct to consumer, we found out very late that we would be required to pay to get a rating for it as it's still considered a retail product. We were just about to go to print on the manuals when this happened. So, we just bit the bullet, paid the dough, filled out the paperwork, and supplied game samples to get the rating, which takes a week to ten days. Since we were under the gun with Sony only printing UMDs twice a month, and we didn't want to miss the next window, we printed the manuals with the "T" rating and got those sent ahead while the rating was in progress. The content hadn't changed, so we were just expecting the descriptors to change, and that's it. We held the coversheets (box exterior) from printing in anticipation of receiving at least some new rating descriptors.

However, when we received the rating 4 days before the coversheets had to be at Sony, we didn't get a "T", but rather an "E10" rating. Uh, oops. So, after a mild freakout and numerous frantic emails, we were assured that this was very rare (a product to actually change rating without content changing), and the ESRB would let us still use the "T" manuals, as long as the box exteriors consumers saw had the E-10 and proper descriptors on the outside.

So, there you have it. Class of Heroes 2 is even more rare because it's the only console/handheld game I know of that shipped with two completely different ratings on/in the same box.

(From here forward, all ratings online will also reflect the newer E-10 rating.)

cj_iwakura

So has anyone watched the OP yet? It's sung by Lunar alumni, so it's pretty great. I saw it a few months ago thanks to Vic. Glad it's in the wild now.

frequency

Do you get a shipping notification when they ship? I haven't heard anything since the email that said "we plan to ship on Thursday or Friday!"

cj_iwakura

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the
Martial Arts Tournament
quest is some kind of point of no return?

I noticed all the other quests I had going vanished once I finished it.

frequency

Only US orders have been sent out as of yet. The last of those should reach their destinations on Tuesday at the latest.

Canadian and international orders will be sent out in the course of next week.

Source: Vic Ireland at Gaijin Outpost. (and also here on neoGAF)

Oh boo. I thought when I got the email saying "Thursday or Friday" almost 3 weeks ago it would be shipped then too.

Link Man

Banned
So, just started this today after having it on my Vita for 6 months. Wow, it's quite a grind at the start, when nobody has an adequate weapon.

Also, the manual states that the recommended class for a Gnome is sorcerer, but I can't make them a sorcerer? What's going on there?

Also, the manual states that the recommended class for a Gnome is sorcerer, but I can't make them a sorcerer? What's going on there?

Pretty sure it was a misprint in the manual. I think it was going to be fixed but it must have been overlooked.

But yeah, Gnomes can't be Sorcerers.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Pretty sure it was planned to come out in Europe at some point, but since it's been so long since the US release, I wouldn't be so hopeful about that.
But I hope you get some official answer on that soon.

tomasdk

Started playing this again after a looong time and found out I screwed myself because I missed the fact that most of the advanced classes are race specific. :D I originally wanted to class change most of my party, now I need to change my intended setup or create fresh characters. Oh well, the game is great though, definitely better than CoH1.
Is the original plan to localize the whole series still in place? If I'm not mistaken CoH2 for the PS3 is just around the corner, will CoH3 come after that?

cj_iwakura

Finally reached the 'crazy' half of the game, and I assume
the other world is CoH1's?

I'm still having fun mapping out the dungeons, but yeesh, my kingdom for dungeon BGM.

cj_iwakura

Post-game can rot in hell. That is all.

Oh, and Toshiko Tasaki(Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers) did the music apparently.
Mind blown.

KiTA

Physical copy arrived just a bit ago. There are 3 different CD labels, you can tell which version you have based on the letter A/B/C on the spine.

Here's the Japanese wiki's list of changes between 2 and 2G. This doesn't include any fixes added to the English port:

http://pokowiki.com/totomono2/index.php?PS3%C8%C72G%A4%CB%A4%C4%A4%A4%A4%C6

New Dungeon: Dark Gate
New Quests for Dark Gate
PS3 Trophies (+ some modification to the title screen)
HDD Install
Some voice acting was added?
Alchemists were buffed extensively - They gained 28 new spells (basically all the basic mage spells except one or two), they went from B to a rank MP (2500 instead of 2000 max MP), and the XP required to level up went down, too?
Geomancers got a new skill (one of their old skills, but it now hits a group)
Idols now have either a passive or some other skill that doubles song magic's effect?
They added a new status healing union ability
L2 + R2 (L2 or R2?) is now a shortcut to the item bag
They removed some traps from the first levels
They changed some monsters that would spawn in response to drinking at fountains (?) to be just random encounters
One of the petrification attacks was changed to beheading (Tentsurugitakatana -- Tentsurugita Katana? The Samurai L28/29 spell)
One of Geomancy's abilities was changed from petrification to beheading
Shiva (sage ability) was also changed in the same way
They renamed whatever that stuff that only Undecided can wear
That special Seven-whatever Katana now gets a x7 hit rate (156-616 x7) (This makes it a LOT better apparently.)

Top Bottom