• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Climate activists spray Stonehenge with orange powder

rm082e

o4bbZjS.png

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Gotta be rich white kids trying to "find themselves" or a cause they believe in.

It's just the cause and what they did have no relation to each other. WTF, man?!?

Calls for jail is a bit much. They should instead do some full time community service. I suggest we get this lot to self fund and build another henge of equal stature.. from quarrying to elerection by hand.
Then when they have finished any little twat with a grievance can come along and vandalise it.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
The fucking audacity to even put Stonehenge into the same category of conversation as batshit eco Warriors. This is an ancient site, designed by people whose concerns were never as self serving and politically charged. It's basically confirmed that these places were sacred observation spots of the cosmos, built quite purposefully. A relic and an example of humanity's existence and mark on the world. These things could still serve some purpose that modern humans aren't even in the neighborhood of, but yeah, sure. Paint the whole fucking world orange, you mentally deficient expired cunt-bullets. Fuck

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
What I don’t understand is how these people get to the places they vandalise. Stonehenge is out in the sticks, did they drive there in their cars…that are powered by oil?
I was going to say, then they need to stop wearing any clothes that are polyester, that powder paint probably has some oil in it, there's plastic somewhere, which is pretty much oil. A lot of things use oil to be manufactured and apparently they are not educated enough to realize that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hey, England. How about you do something that prevents cunts like these from destroying important historical monuments? Instead of letting them do it?

No? Instead you are going to let a fucking tourist take more care of your national history than you?
Post a wrong think tweet on the other hand....

diffusionx

Gold Member
What I don’t understand is how these people get to the places they vandalise. Stonehenge is out in the sticks, did they drive there in their cars…that are powered by oil?
I already explained it. The people who run/oversee these places allow it, and work with them. It's all coordinated.

Alebrije

My mayor concern is that nobody stop them, I expected at least 6-8 people jumped to stop them but just two tried to do something.

Crazy.

Last edited:

Rran

Media need to stop showing these groups engaging in this. It’s exactly what these clowns seek with their actions.
Maybe, but at the same time their actions are so idiotic that it's sure to turn even more people against them. Stonehenge is one of the least-controversial things on the planet. No one's gonna take these morons' side against Stonehenge.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Media need to stop showing these groups engaging in this. It’s exactly what these clowns seek with their actions.

media is on board with this agenda. it's all, as they say in the wrestling world, a work.

"Media" definitely isn't onboard with this, if anything, the narrative that most of the media puts out is extremely negative towards climate protesters and downplays the seriousness of the climate crisis, but editors know that 2 people spraying a bit of water soluble paint around gets people frothing at the mouth and clicking.

That's why it gets so much coverage.

calistan

My mayor concern is that nobody stop them, I expected at least 6-8 people jumped to stop them but just two tried to do something.

Crazy.
Last time I went there, a couple of years ago, one of the security guys was telling me about his colleague being a former Gurkha. I guess he wasn't on duty that day!

Us2UK3R.jpeg

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
They would have been better served and folks would be on their side if they had ... I dunno... Dunked on Big Oil? Done something that affected their profits?

But no... They turned part of Stone Henge orange and did the same to a couple private jets, neither of which were Taylor Swift's. Yeah, that has EVERYTHING to do with big oil and climate change (the jets kinda do but not that much).

Alebrije

Last time I went there, a couple of years ago, one of the security guys was telling me about his colleague being a former Gurkha. I guess he wasn't on duty that day!

Us2UK3R.jpeg

Well people in Europe is so.passive...

By example this is what people in México did to a tourist because the walked on a piramid ( it was not allowed). If someone tries to paint it would be worse..

It's Stonehenge , a very unique place in the world, increíble how those activists easily walked and nobody do anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom