• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Closure |OT| Light, Puzzle, Action

kassatsu

Banned
gunrW.jpg

info.png

About

In the dark and mysterious world of Closure, only what you see exists. Manipulate lights to phase objects in and out of reality in this multiple-award-winning puzzle game. Play as a strange spider-like demon who explores the stories of three human characters through beautiful, eerie environments such as a decrepit factory, a murky forest, an abandoned carnival, and the strange, surreal realm that connects them together.

Media.png

7uU8E.png

8P3Ke.jpg

sd3OC.png

Launch Trailer
Giant Bomb Quick Look

reviews.png

music.png

4yYKS.png

see5harp

I really do appreciate a unique look but I'm not sure I like the direction here. Maybe it looks better in motion.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I really do appreciate a unique look but I'm not sure I like the direction here. Maybe it looks better in motion.

The idea is that you manipulate light sources to create your own platforms. If you don't shine light ahead of you, you will fall through darkness since there's nothing to walk on. So later on, you encounter some tricky puzzles where you have to think how to move the light around to get to the next level.

Yeah, demo hurt my head in real good way. Buying it tomorrow.

This is the new Braid in terms of just owning a single core mechanic.

I can see why they won awards for audio, listen when you drop into water :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I don't think I've heard of this game before, maybe only once, but the demo is just so great. Bought it right away.

wouwie

Played a bit of the demo and it certainly got me interested. Can't say i'm a big fan on how the game looks (compared to for example Braid or Limbo, which i loved visually). But the puzzles seem interesting.

Pity it isn't out on EU PSN yet. I'll try to complete the demo before deciding on a purchase.

namDa65

This game is now on my radar.
Been looking for good psn releases,
dont play my xbox anymore so i cant be bothered to buy anymore xbla titles.
I like my smaller games on console rather than pc as well. Unless its terreria.

Haunted

Hey I remember making the thread for the original Flash game on here.

Cool that the prototype was good enough to get them funded to make a proper game out of that (although that prototype was pretty long on its own already).

Definitely on my list to watch.

okno

Just played the trial.

It's a wonderfully quirky, weird little game. Neat idea too.

I got stuck on the lift/key level though so I gave up.

You just have to be quick. The second light source asks as just a platform, no need to touch it.

Played the demo last night, buying it now :) Really unique game, can't wait to get into it deeper.

Tried the demo and bought it but only got a few minutes in before going to work. Odd that there is only one review for the game and it seems like even the IGN reviewer wasn't given a promo copy.

Zia

Played a bit of the demo and it certainly got me interested. Can't say i'm a big fan on how the game looks (compared to for example Braid or Limbo, which i loved visually).

Closure is definitely more rough hewn, like Ed McMillen's work it's heavily inspired by comix. I don't like it all that much either (the aesthetic comparisons to Limbo are ridiculous; CGI Bergman this is not), but I think where it fails are the tiny, amateurish touches like the logo, menus and various graphical glitches.

Tried the demo and bought it but only got a few minutes in before going to work. Odd that there is only one review for the game and it seems like even the IGN reviewer wasn't given a promo copy.

I don't understand it. The developer was sending out press codes via Twitter yesterday afternoon. Not the way to promote your launch.

kassatsu

Banned
Unless the ign reviewer was lying in his opening sentence, hr was playing on a debug. Promo codes only started working after the game was released on the store. He also played like half the puzzles it seems.

Ridley327

I'm through most of the first world, and what it lacks in the creepiness of the Flash original, it more thank makes up for in puzzle variety.

Chris R

A PSN game with a demo? Whaaaaaaat? Going to have to download it when I get home and try it out. I have just over $15 left in my wallet too.

FINALBOSS

Banned
A PSN game with a demo? Whaaaaaaat? Going to have to download it when I get home and try it out. I have just over $15 left in my wallet too.

It's definitely a straight up puzzle game...with a super creepy vibe/soundtrack.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Braid, but I'm absolutely loving this.

EDIT: One of the devs re-tweeted my praise. :D

PSN gamers need to pick this up. Need need need. It's an inventive, intelligent puzzle game with atmosphere galore.

Or, in short, its a great game made by great dudes who just so happen to be barely in their twenties.

Top Bottom