• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CM Punk returns to WWE after almost 10 years

mansoor1980

cm-punk-pay-attention-to-me.gif

IronLich

WWE is lucky as hell they had a major event taking place in Chicago.

What's even left on the "hell freezing over" bar in wrestling? Practically all of the "that would never happen" events across the major American promotions have happened.

DKehoe

What's even left on the "hell freezing over" bar in wrestling? Practically all of the "that would never happen" events across the major American promotions have happened.
CMLL and AAA working together.

MrA

Disco Inferno?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Pretty likely Triple H will have had the mantra "do what's best for business" drilled into him over the years by his father-in-law!

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
"If our fans want it, then let's go(try it), and we'll figure out the rest from there"

I know it has probably been stated before but stuff like this is good to hear from HHH, especially knowing how he used to be before.
Vince never cared what the fans wanted. He told the fans what was best for them.

Vince never cared what the fans wanted. He told the fans what was best for them.
The positives and negatives were about 50/50 with his way of doing things. I think the worst arc he ever gave us was the second half of the John Cena arc.

It made a lot of people I know simply quit watching.

Soodanim

The positives and negatives were about 50/50 with his way of doing things. I think the worst arc he ever gave us was the second half of the John Cena arc.

It made a lot of people I know simply quit watching.
It's crazy when you think about just how badly some of their failed unrelenting pushes went. If people only know of current Roman now they would be shocked by Shield Roman. We saw that man crash and burn in front of our eyes (thinking of that Cena promo), but that trial by fire plus him going away somehow led to what we have now.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I’m stunned anyone thinks this is going to go well, or last very long, given how WWE operates and how much of a contrarian asshole Phil can be.

dave_d

Well since he isn't surrounded by idiots, children, and a wild mix of leadership that possess zero management abilities probably never
Well that plus the fact that a ton of the guys are bigger than him and have legitimate combat sports experience.

violence

how is this guy so popular? Hasn’t he been fired or kicked out of every company so far? He’s not even good
I don’t watch wrestling but I do know that years back he did a promo that was so convincing it was talked about on the news.. and after he was fired from WWE, he did a podcast with Colt Cabana that was honestly pretty fascinating and cost him a couple lawsuits.

The infamous podcast

Last edited:

RaptorGTA

how is this guy so popular? Hasn’t he been fired or kicked out of every company so far? He’s not even good

Yes, but he is very good at creating compelling stories that blend the fake wrestling stuff with real-world items. His initial run in AEW was insanely good. The feud he had with MJF and Kingston was amazing.

That said, he lost his job because someone threw some heat on him even though he had been throwing heat for weeks. I expect WWE will have a tighter leash on him given his past problems.

Either way, its gonna be great TV.

RavageX

Never understand how promos get hyped up so much but the actual wrestling isnt worth a damn. Im not saying this about Punk in particular.

I bet seeing what a clown show AEW was he has been itching to be in a well run promotion.

Aew needs structure. To me its basically the end days of wcw already with Tony in a herb abrams role.

Tarnished

I'm really not a fan of him, and I'm glad he's out of AEW. He's good on the mic but terrible in the ring, and I hated seeing him beat people like Hangman Adam Page, who's actually entertaining to watch. There's no denying he's still a massive draw, though, but I have no idea why.

VulcanRaven

I hope we see the CM Punk vs Stone Cold match finally. Austin had the match with Kevin Owens so I can see him doing something like it again. It should have happened 10 years ago though:

Last edited:
Top Bottom