• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Jeb Bush Campaign in freefall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
tumblr_mn6bdlFRbN1qiwjzeo1_500.gif

Hahahaha, this good on a few levels!

To be fair, Trump is also a good candidate and it's super hard to stump him.

Trump is a good salesman, a good marketer and has zeroed in on focus groups and what triggers reactions to boost him (like he did on Reality TV)

Trump knows what buttons to push among ''that'' segment of the population that will boost him in the primaries.

But Trump doesn't not have the blessing of the establishment

cackhyena

To be fair, Trump is also a good candidate and it's super hard to stump him.

He's a candidate the likes of which no one's ever had to deal with before. He delivers incomprehensibly woeful answers to every single legitimate question posed. Apparently that's remedied by talking shit, and telling lie after lie. A true adversary for the ages.

120v

everyone thinks Dubya was dumb because he was not very articulate and would shuffle his words around in a sentence but being articulate is not a measure of a man's intelligence.

Dubya outperformed his more ''intelectual'' brother Jeb! in every political facet of life.

Jeb was groomed to be the one, while Dubya was seen as the a buffoon but Dubya overcame expectations and defeated his opponents state wise and nation wise in a way that Jeb can't do

Dubya was always ''misunderestimated''

I think it's more a matter of jeb's window of opportunity having been closed for awhile now

Also it doesn't help to be brother of the worst president in modern history when running for president

MartyStu

Sorry, Jeb. Blame your older brother. He tarnished your family name.

Moreover, you come from a political dynasty. You're seen as an out of touch lifelong politician to the current Tea Party driven GOP.

Let us not play this game.

All of Jeb's real issues have to do with Jeb.

benjipwns

Banned
That's where the second part of what I said comes in. It's astonishing.
I don't know, when I cut it out, I forgot that Ross Perot claimed that the GOP was going to invade and disrupt his daughters wedding. And that they were sending men in suits around after him.

Before he suddenly dropped out, due to this fiendish GOP plot, Perot was leading both Bush and Clinton in the general election polls.

najehe

Banned
shoulda ran in 2011-12

a shame

Wouldn't have worked then either. The general public was still very low on his brother. It is likely that would have negatively affected his numbers in the general election if not in the Republican primary. Essentially, W. screwed the pooch for future Bush members to win the White House for a very long time.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Dubya was really the smarter Bush. Dubya had streets smarts that Jeb! lacks and Dubya was able to turn the table around and create winning conditions for himself

Dubya turned Gore's fact numbers into Fuzzy Math and beat him

Dubya (who is a draft dodger) was able to turn Kerrey's Viet-Nam veteran record around as a traitorous hippie who tossed his medals as an anti-American.

Jeb! lacks Dubya's battle rap skills

I respect the hell out of Bush Sr. but the fact that he thought Jeb was his true successor makes me question his judgement.

I bet Dubya is feeling great right now. Probably had the biggest shit eating grin at Thanksgiving.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Dubya was really the smarter Bush. Dubya had streets smarts that Jeb! lacks and Dubya was able to turn the table around and create winning conditions for himself

Dubya turned Gore's fact numbers into Fuzzy Math and beat him

Dubya (who is a draft dodger) was able to turn Kerrey's Viet-Nam veteran record around as a traitorous hippie who tossed his medals as an anti-American.

Jeb! lacks Dubya's battle rap skills

Karl Rove was the true mastermind. Although, to be fair, Kerry defeated himself.

Flo_Evans

George at least had some relatability, seemed like a real person.

Jeb I guess seems like a real person but that person is your embarrassing dad that tries to hard to be with it.

Jeb is simply running in the wrong era. The grassroots conservative movements have marched further and further right to the point where another boring establishment guy simply can't win. There's an old saying that democrats fall in love, republicans fall in line. McCain and Romney were the traditional "next guy up" that usually wins GOP nominations and they didn't inspire much of any confidence among grassroots activist types.

I think this could be a 1964 type situation where the grassroots, extremist candidate wins in the absence of a good establishment choice. Rubio is superior to Bush yet doesn't seem to have on-the-ground momentum, given how shitty his campaign is being run. Cruz has the heart of the modern GOP, I think he has a shot. I'm of course assuming that Trump has no real shot.

His biggest fault was being part of the establishment, the republicans have been crumbling over the weight of their internal struggles, which is why Trump is so fix in the first place in the primaries with a second changing every month depending on the media coverage and or up and goings of a traditional election race.

The thing is that Jeb may have the support of the establishment of the GOP but it seems like the primary republican voters want nothing to do with the GOP establishment.

If he can sustain itself in the race (he has after all the biggest Super Pac of all candidates not named Hillary so he has the money to maintain itself in the election) while others with less money start to drop out he may find himself as the option for the traditional conservative voters that doesn't buy into Trumps rhetoric or ideas.

I think he's just sticking around hoping establishment Republicans finally make their move and back someone like him or Rubio. He'll be one of the first to fold when the primaries actually start.

Nekofrog

Banned
At first after reading all of that I thought "man, it must be having a huge psychological and emotional affect on the poor guy".

Then I remembered it was Jeb Bush and I was happy.

linsivvi

I think he's just sticking around hoping establishment Republicans finally make their move and back someone like him or Rubio. He'll be one of the first to fold when the primaries actually start.

I don't see why they would back him at this point. Rubio already destroyed him in the debate, so it'll have to be Rubio.

carlsojo

People can blame the older brother all they want for "ruining the Bush brand" but really, Jeb has the charisma of a soggy piece of bread. The more the public saw of him the more they lost interest in him.

Eidan

Jeb hasn't been in the news cycle for what...two weeks? One can be forgiven if they forget he was even running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom