• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Russia tried to use Trump advisers to infiltrate his campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

Tomorrow as of yesterday, i.e. today... did anyone see it?

I saw parts of it. Basically it was just Page obfuscating and encouraging the investigation because there was nothing to it. Much of the time he was just answering questions that weren't even asked. Very strange.

Tim Mak (Daily Beast reporter) has been tweeting stuff like this lately, implying that there's a lot of stuff to investigate in the Trump/Russia story now. Have any other reporters been hinting at anything similar?

Page was really happy about the word "tried". He think they are starting to walk back all the Russia stuff. Please don't be true. Not after all this.

I mean, it's not something he should be very happy about regardless. Even if the ultimate thing to come out of this is that Trump himself was not compromised, but his advisors were and were actually trying to infiltrate the campaign, that puts him in deep shit still.

Betty

Banned
I mean, it's not something he should be very happy about regardless. Even if the ultimate thing to come out of this is that Trump himself was not compromised, but his advisors were and were actually trying to infiltrate the campaign, that puts him in deep shit still.

It really doesn't though.

He can say he had no knowledge of what they were up to and they can admit they never reached a point of telling him what was going on.

It really doesn't though.

He can say he had no knowledge of what they were up to and they can admit they never reached a point of telling him what was going on.

I mean, maybe, but I think he would still ultimately take the fall for it, him and few others like Manafort.

I dunno, I am trying not to have strong feelings one way or the other to avoid disappointment as to the eventual outcome, but I really don't feel like the word 'tried' here is an automatic disqualifier to everything else surrounding this case.

I saw parts of it. Basically it was just Page obfuscating and encouraging the investigation because there was nothing to it. Much of the time he was just answering questions that weren't even asked. Very strange.

Ah, the Jeffy Sesh strategy; let's see how this works out for him.

Kyzer

Banned
This isn't true. They don't have to like find a statute to impeach him under. They can just make up reasons. There aren't really any Supreme Court cases that limit impeachment power. "High crimes and misdemeanors", in its original usage basically just means "for whatever reason deemed appropriate" and covers "crimes" that aren't necessarily written down, like being dangerous to the state, appointing idiots, not doing your job, conduct unbecoming of the position, or violating your oath of office.

Most of these are not probably crimes, as in there is nothing written down anywhere for the FBI to investigate "being a shitty president".

I already know what "high crimes and misdemeanors" means, and that he doesn't have to commit an actual crime, I said that in my post that you are replying to. That doesnt change what I said. Whatever reason they choose still has to be backed up. They cant just make an accusation and throw him out. It still very much is a legal procession, including a debate over the impeachment resolution itself. People saying "aye, he's guilty" is not how the process works. Theres a trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom