• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coca-Cola Championship Tournament of Refreshment (FIFA 09, XBOX)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
also i should note to everyone DONT BAIL IF YOU LOSE ONE ROUND. this is a double-elimination tourney and you could easily win coming from the bottom bracket

I'm glad I changed my formation. You literally raped the through ball mechanic. Can't complain though - two can play that game and it led to my 3rd goal, 20 yard chip :lol

Game One

Meus Renaissance 1 - 1 N.A. (Meus wins 4-1 on penalties)

10 Shots12
7 On Target 12

Goals

N. Tyson (Nottingham)

E. Johnson (Cardiff City)

Game Two

Meus Renaissance 2 - 3 N.A.

stats not available as we had a disconnection

Game Three

Meus Renaissance 3 - 2 Nottingham Forest
13 Shots 7
10 On Target6

Goals

E. Johnson (Cardiff City)
S. Mcphail (Cardiff City)
Quincy (Cardiff City)

R. Earnshow (Nottingham)
N. Tyson (Nottingham)

N.A

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
I'm glad I changed my formation. You literally raped the through ball mechanic. Can't complain though - two can play that game and it led to my 3rd goal, 20 yard chip :lol

You sounded like you was about to cry when I pulled it back to 2-2 in the third game :lol . Did you throw your headset? I didn't hear you after that.

N.A said:
I can't believe the equaliser in the first game, my goalkeeper got stuck on my defender :(

They were great games. We both missed sitters in the first match. Strange thing is it wasn't even end to end yet we still managed 41 shots :lol

In the second match when that 2nd goal went in from you, I thought that was it. I couldn't find a rhythm - I was shocked it wasn't even 30mins on the clock but I came back in.

The first half in that 3rd match was all me. I should have finished it but, unbelievably, you came back with 2 quick goals. I was frustrated beyond belief mate, honestly, I was cursing so loud people could hear outside.

I took the headset off and just tried to focus but I was seething :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Whoo you guys are fast. I'll post the updated brackets tonight.

Anyone who hasn't played their Round 1 games by tonight sans excuse will just get DQ'd. Top bracket Round 2 and bottom bracket Round 1 games by next Wednesday.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
oh yeah tse forgot we're matched up. i can probably play late tonight >9 EST i know you're on sometimes

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
alright so:

grkazan vs. foofighter=quit, dq
cjelly vs. tse=play your game by tomorrow. if not i guess i'll just give it to you tse.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I used to about three leagues ago. But then I realized if you babysit someone then people just expect it and wait for your PMs instead of actually paying attention to the league they signed up for, and they always wind up bailing anyway. Better to cut losses early. If someone can't even play the first round properly, well screw them.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
pm him and send him a message on live. if he doesn't respond by tomorrow i'll give you the win. either way play by saturday at the absolute latest.

torontodowntown (sorry, easier for me to call you that for now :p) I'll be online in a couple of hours if you want.

anyways, next time I see you online, I'll send you an invite.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
k0ji-wd said:
cjelly, i'm online for the next few hours if you wanna jump on and play.
I was at work when you posted this. :p I'm in the UK, btw.

If you can reply with a time for tomorrow in the next 10 hours I should be able to be on then.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright so by tonight or tomorrow I'm just gonna start DQing people so we can get on with this already with whoever's left.

k0ji-wd

Bristol City 5 - Reading 0

N Maynard x 4

cjelly-self-destruction-goalkeeper-super-own-goal-fuck-shit-fuck-rage-quit x1

Guys I wont have FIFA after next weekend so hopefully we can wrap this up by then. I was renting it.

It's Astro v Koji next isn't it? Hopefully you guys can play it today

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Meus Renaissance said:
Guys I wont have FIFA after next weekend so hopefully we can wrap this up by then. I was renting it.

It's Astro v Koji next isn't it? Hopefully you guys can play it today
Wait, how did you plan on running/participating in the league then? :lol

This ramshackle league cracks me up more and more every day. Keep 'em comin guys.

Yeah but like I said in that thread, fixture list and my excel spreadsheets are gone. I'll create a new one in October for FIFA 10 because I can't keep FIFA 09 anyway. Considering how this tournament has gone so far, I can imagine a lot of deduction points in that league anyway for people not bothering to turn up. :lol

Any hope for a FIFA 09 league is gone I'm afraid.

k0ji-wd

Daigoro said:
i might actually win this one!

dynbld.jpg

k0ji-wd

Game 1
Bristol City 2 vs. Wolves 0

MOTM: M. Elliott (Wolves)

S. John (16)
N. Maynard (76)

Game 2
Bristol City 2 vs. Wolves 2
(Bristol City 4-2 on penalties)

MOTM: D. Jones (Wolves)

S. Ebanks-Blake (Wolves, 97)
M. Elliott (Bristol City, 99)
D. Noble (Bristol City, 120+)
N. Quashie (Wolves, 120+)

404542_206x261.jpg

ebanksblake595.jpg

0,,10327~4740410,00.jpg

Bristol+City+v+Coventry+City+NJaYG1g5fD_l.jpg

article-0-004F1AAB00000258-457_468x367.jpg

article-1158410-03B39F7A000005DC-785_468x347.jpg

jibblypop ?
is it possible to play before time runs out ?

I'll be offline for 3 or 4 hours to watch the Bordeaux game tomorrow night, but otherwise I'm always available :)

woodchuck

Moundir&Tony>you said:
jibblypop ?
is it possible to play before time runs out ?

I'll be offline for 3 or 4 hours to watch the Bordeaux game tomorrow night, but otherwise I'm always available :)

chances are jibblypop doesnt realize there's a new tournament going on.

and there's always PM to get his attention

Hey, back from holiday. Whoever has been waiting for me, I should be on sporadically throughout the week.

Meus Renaissance you had FIFA rented? How did you have it for so long?

Bristol City 2 - 0 Cardiff City

Cardiff City 2 - 1 Bristol City

Bristol City 1 - 2 Cardiff City

the_rock.jpg

SmokingBarrelX said:
Hey, back from holiday. Whoever has been waiting for me, I should be on sporadically throughout the week.

Meus Renaissance you had FIFA rented? How did you have it for so long?

I rent from a website. It's a subscription based thing, pay a certain fee a month, rent any amount of games you want and keep them for as long as you want.

k0ji-wd

Bristol City 2 Cardiff City 0

MOTM: S. John (Bristol City)

S. John (44, 45)

Cardiff City 2 vs. Bristol City 1

MOTM: R. Johnson (Cardiff City)

E. Johnson (13)
S. John (32)
Quincy (47)

Cardiff City 2 vs. Bristol City 1

MOTM: Quincy

Quincy (14, 69)
N.Maynard (39)

my 360 must hate me/bristol city. . .so much shit happened, but. . .I'm ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!

_44687035_mcindoe_gett416.jpg

Koji and Astro are very similar in their style. Just stay deep with your defenders at all times unless you are 100% you can get the ball. Playing Championship teams, you need a lot of luck. I swear when you pass to them, they can't keep the ball at their feet even when it's a 2 yard pass. You need to pass to your next team mate, before you even get the ball wtf :lol Its like a chess match.

k0ji-wd

Meus Renaissance said:
Koji and Astro are very similar in their style. Just stay deep with your defenders at all times unless you are 100% you can get the ball. Playing Championship teams, you need a lot of luck. I swear when you pass to them, they can't keep the ball at their feet even when it's a 2 yard pass. You need to pass to your next team mate, before you even get the ball wtf :lol Its like a chess match.

i think we'd all have to employ the same playing style when we're using 65 speed defenders against your two 92 speed forwards, but then again, we can't all be Cardiff City. . .:lol

The amount of times you'd sprint to the sideline knowing Eddie Johnson was going to just leave my pathetic little defender behind was excruciating, I'd not even selected my next available defender and he'd already be in the box :lol

2200155006_4c6f165094_o.jpg

k0ji-wd said:
i think we'd all have to employ the same playing style when we're using 65 speed defenders against your two 92 speed forwards, but then again, we can't all be Cardiff City. . .:lol
Yeah but to be honest, I'm not used to playing like that. I only resort to it when I'm in desperate need of winning. But you can hardly play a decent game with all the tension and the frantic pace. My forwards have 92 and 94 speed, although I don't abuse that as much as you think I would.

But if I meant I needed to it, you can bet your ass I'll rape the through-ball mechanic and score them cheap goals :lol Heck yes! This is a tournament. All that manners is the win.
The amount of times you'd sprint to the sideline knowing Eddie Johnson was going to just leave my pathetic little defender behind was excruciating, I'd not even selected my next available defender and he'd already be in the box :lol

Believe it or not, I chose this team specifically to face you, because you did the same thing against me when we first played. Using the speed demons on the wing. Revenge is mine!

k0ji-wd

Meus Renaissance said:
Yeah but to be honest, I'm not used to playing like that. I only resort to it when I'm in desperate need of winning. But you can hardly play a decent game with all the tension and the frantic pace. My forwards have 92 and 94 speed, although I don't abuse that as much as you think I would.

But if I meant I needed to it, you can bet your ass I'll rape the through-ball mechanic and score them cheap goals :lol Heck yes! This is a tournament. All that manners is the win.

Believe it or not, I chose this team specifically to face you, because you did the same thing against me when we first played. Using the speed demons on the wing. Revenge is mine!

lol, i think ur taking this a little too seriously my man, i can't remember who i was the first time i played u. . .like some guys with a blue kit i think :lol

teebs33

Neo Member
GG Meus.

Scorers in the games were

G1
G. Williams, T. Smith, T.Smith for Watford and S. McPhail for Cardiff

G2
G. Williams for Watford.

Top Bottom