• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coca-Cola Championship Tournament of Refreshment (FIFA 09, XBOX)

teebs33

Neo Member
Wait a second. Meus I think you jumped the gun a bit in playing me.

I still had a game to play before i get to Meus I haven't found out my opponent in the 3rd round after the bye. :lol

Well then I guess I'll wait to play that game then... Ignore the results of Me and Meus at this point. Not sure what to do with him getting rid of 09. heh.

Daigoro

k0ji-wd said:
my 360 must hate me/bristol city. . .so much shit happened, but. . .I'm ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!

dynbld.jpg

Tf53

Sheffield Wednesday 2 - 1 QPR

28' 1-0 L. Clarke
73' 1-1 P. Ayemang
86' 2-1 J. Johnson

QPR 1 - 3 Sheffield Wednesday

13' 0-1 L. Clarke
28' 1-1 L. Cook
53' 1-2 J. O'Connor
55' 1-3 L. Clarke

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Haha brutal. Must have been 12 posts hit in the first game, 8 of which were Strike's. After tons of great plays and scoring opportunities, game has to end on a goalie error. So then of course the last game had to go to PKs.

Game 1
StrikeVillain / Sheffield United 0
AstroLad / Wolves 1 (Goal: C. Iwelumo 118')

Game 2
StrikeVillain / Sheffield United 2 (Goals: B. Sharp 54'; A. Lupoli 57')
AstroLad / Wolves 0

Game 3
AstroLad / Wolves 0

PKs
Sheffield United 3
Wolves 4

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bracket updated. Me and you N.A. Be sure to check where you are in the loser's bracket if you just lost for the first time.

N.A

Banned
AstroLad said:
Bracket updated. Me and you N.A. Be sure to check where you are in the loser's bracket if you just lost for the first time.

Nice. I can be on this afternoon or this evening (UK time) if you want to play?

jibblypop

Banned
Moundir&Tony>you said:
sent a message to jibbly via xbl, waiting for his anwser...

hey sorry about disappearing for a while. Stupid life got in the way.. I responded to your message now and am ready to play! sorry for the delay!

Daigoro

cjelly said:
2945893933_068dfd0331_o.gif

We shall see... :p Depends how annoyed I get. :lol

:lol

yeah, i was trying to make a joke. it didnt work though.

ill be around tonight and tomorrow during the day. i just missed you last night by about an hour.

AstroLad said:
Haha brutal. Must have been 12 posts hit in the first game, 8 of which were Strike's. After tons of great plays and scoring opportunities, game has to end on a goalie error. So then of course the last game had to go to PKs.

Game 1
AstroLad / Wolves 1 (Goal: C. Iwelumo 118')

Game 2
StrikeVillain / Sheffield United 2 (Goals: B. Sharp 54'; A. Lupoli 57')
AstroLad / Wolves 0

Game 3
AstroLad / Wolves 0

PKs
Sheffield United 3
Wolves 4

damn, that was a battle. i saw you guys playing and i wanted to get in some games after, but you guys must have been exhausted after that.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
damn, that was a battle. i saw you guys playing and i wanted to get in some games after, but you guys must have been exhausted after that.
yeah check out the last regular season game we had:
Red Bulls 2 - Revolution 1
Shots 10 - 11
SoG 6 - 5

Ralston 11'
Angel 85'
Angel 105'

And the last time we played in the playoffs too:
Game 1
NY 2 NE 1
Total Shots: 8-6
Shots on Goal: 4-2
Dube (NE) 45' Angel (NY) 45', 48'

Game 2
NY 1 NE 2

Game 3
NY 1 NE 1
Total Shots: 9-14
Shots on Goal: 5-3
Angel (NY) 40' Ralston (NE) 68'
PKs: 4-2 (Angel)

:lol

I cannot stand playing against kids who play with Spain (No. 1 in the world). All he did was flip the ball to Torres, as I watched him flex the ball in ways I didn't know was possible. Why can't people play the game the way it was meant to be played, beautifully.

woodchuck

SmokingBarrelX said:
I cannot stand playing against kids who play with Spain (No. 1 in the world). All he did was flip the ball to Torres, as I watched him flex the ball in ways I didn't know was possible. Why can't people play the game the way it was meant to be played, beautifully.

playing as USA, i usually dont have a problem with Spain. play the backline deep. and just let Torres come to you

Well, the kid was total trash, and just exploited with Torres. I will definitely try that next time though. It just gets really frustrating playing against kids who just use a quick guy on the frontline and try to punt him the ball.

:( I think I just suck :(

woodchuck

SmokingBarrelX said:
Well, the kid was total trash, and just exploited with Torres. I will definitely try that next time though. It just gets really frustrating playing against kids who just use a quick guy on the frontline and try to punt him the ball.

:( I think I just suck :(

yeah, i have a really frustrating time against France when people do that with Henry and Benzema. But for some reason, it's easier for me to contain Torres and Villa.

SmokingBarrelX said:
The thing I love about those kids, is once you're on ultra-offensive + really shitty team, torres is almost constantly offside. And they don't know how to play properly so they're fucked.
I don't think I've ever lost to Spain using San Jose Earthquakes online :lol
Even managed to win 5-0 once.

woodchuck: you're having a harder time against france because ribéry and benzema are both cover players, so they're part of the overcheated players in the game.

jibblypop

Banned
Moundir&Tony>you said:
me and jibbly are playing tomorrow :)
he was busy during the last two weeks.

Hey! I tried to look for you online all day today but didnt see you! you around tomorrow? I think I can be around most of the day.

jibblypop said:
Hey! I tried to look for you online all day today but didnt see you! you around tomorrow? I think I can be around most of the day.
well I've been connected for 6 hours yesterday and had to get out for the england-holland game, and only got back at 4am, sorry.

I'll be around all day long today too.

jibblypop

Banned
Game 1
Moundir&Tony>you / Plymouth 1 (goal: j easter)
Jibblypop / Crystal Palace 0

Game 2
Moundir&Tony>you / Plymouth 1 (goal: m seip)
Jibblypop / Crystal Palace 2 (goal: b watson goal: v moses)

Game 3
Moundir&Tony>you / Plymouth 0
Jibblypop / Crystal Palace 1 (goal: A. Lee 24')

Good games!! I really thought you had me after that first match!

Tf53

Apparently some connection issues with me and M&T>you. How's your connection set up? Do you have a router or are you directly connected to the modem?

Tf53

Apparently today was not the day. Are you online during the day? I'm busy tomorrow evening as well as all through Saturday, but Sunday evening is ok.

Tf53 said:
Apparently today was not the day. Are you online during the day? I'm busy tomorrow evening as well as all through Saturday, but Sunday evening is ok.
I can be online whenever you want, if that's between 9am and 7pm tomorrow (GMT +2)
won't be available tomorrow evening either, friends will be at home to play some rock band.

really sorry, I hate it when the game doesn't want to work.
hope they'll fix those disconnection issues in fifa 10.

Daigoro

cjelly and i have been in contact and are trying to get our games in at some point.

hopefully we can get them done by this weekend.

Tf53

Good games, man.

Plymouth 3 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday

35' Buxton (OG)
58' Mpenza
72' Mpenza

Plymouth 0 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday

26' & 62' Tudgay

Plymouth 0 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday

14' Clarke

once again I totally dominated the first match, then shat in my pants during the next two, wasting an incredible amount of shots :lol

Tf53 had a great defense btw

Tf53

Moundir&Tony>you said:
once again I totally dominated the first match, then shat in my pants during the next two, wasting an incredible amount of shots :lol

Tf53 had a great defense btw
To be honest, I dominated the first match before scoring the own goal, though. :D

Tf53 said:
To be honest, I dominated the first match before scoring the own goal, though. :D
yeah but after that OG you gifted me, I don't think my GK has seen the ball that much.
And you did get a red card IIRC :lol

Anyways, I'll have my revenge on Fifa10: now that I got the hang of the full manual controls, 360 dribbling + manual is gonna rock.

N.A

Banned
Nottingham Forest 3 - 0 Wolves

Paul Anderson
Robert Earnshaw
Guy Moussi

Wolves 0 - 0 Nottingham Forest (Forest win 4-3 on pens.)

Good games Astro.

Meus Renaissance said:
BTW guys, do we have a Fantasy League going on here for the EPL?

For anyone who is interested, and doesn't read the football thread...

neoGAF Premier
league id: 172798-285285

Oh, and tits...

I played this kid (who was Manchester United) as the Columbus Crew, and ended up winning 1-0. :D

Then we rematched, he was Chelsea, I was Queens Park Rangers, and the game ended 0-0, 1-1 in overtime, and I won 4-2 on penalties. :D

Probably one of my happiest moments playing FIFA (although my girlfriend hung up on me because I kept getting giddy whilst on the phone).

Top Bottom