• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coca Cola Selling 12 Pack Bottled "Sugar" Soda (US)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDX

Oddly enough, I've been able to buy 24 pack bottles of Mexican Coke at Home Depot (Southeastern US) for the past couple of years. Not sure if this is common across all the stores, but at least the one I usually go to it's always there.

If you live in an area with Wegmans grocery stores they sell it too.

At least my local Wegmans in Pennsylvania does.

It's really funny. They are or have switched to HFCS for Mexican Coca Cola distributed in Mexico. Mexican Coca Cola that is distributed outside of Mexico (like the US) will still be using Cane Sugar.

Really?

So Mexican Coca Cola sold in Mexico = HFCS

Mexican Coca Cola sold in the US = Sugar cane

Coca Cola should just make a "Throwback" type brand.

GCX

Diet soda or not, it's not ever good for your body. The word "diet" in sodas is pretty ridiculous anyways, I'm pretty sure it's not even allowed for instance in many parts of Europe (which is why Diet Coke is called Coke Light).

When I really want to drink Coke I just drink the normal sugar version because it just tastes better. I just don't do it too often.

Kieli

Dunno. One of my profs drinks a lot of diet soda. He specializes in GI physiology, with a focus on incretins. I'm sure he'd know more about whether diet soda is badder than regular soda (not that either are good, but you choose the lesser of the evils).

Or maybe he just doesn't care.

Fake edit: Well, there's aspartame (which is just a dimer of phenylalanine, I think). Unless you can't digest phenylalanine (for some people), I dunno if we know all that much more about aspartame's purported effects.

Fake fake edit: Agreed. Diet and artisan are absolutely silly labels. Along with gluten-free (though some recent study "suggests" that you don't have to have celiac disease to avoid gluten or something; or it could be research backed by food companies).

--------

Also, it's fine to drink sugar cola. No problem (key is moderation). When you drink a lot of it (like me), you want less immediately harmful alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom