• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Tet

Banned
TheBranca18 said:
No I was using hyperbole to get across how pathetic and awful the Bobcats are. It's funny, I live in Charlotte and most people couldn't give a shit about them at all. Kinda sad.

Yeah I live in Charlotte too and while the Bobcats are indeed playing badly, they are also 2-2. They have some talent if they can start putting things together, we'll see. You're right though the apathy in this city towards the NBA and Bobcats in general is strangling. I would have thought people might start warming up to them by now, of course the economy is going to kill any chance the Cats had.

Of course whiffing on 70% of your lottery picks is not a good way to start an expansion team.

peppermints said:
Looking forward to an exciting year from my Hoosiers.

I know we're not expected to make a whole lot of noise, but it's going to be fun seeing this team develop.

First year with season tickets, too!
I'm hoping for a .500 season.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Watched the Illini/Southern Missouri game last night. I think lack of a back up point guard is really going to hurt them. That and the fact that nobody on that team really plays defense. Richardson and Paul seem to get after it more than anyone.

fatty

The Big XII is going to be awesome this year and I'm hoping my Jayhawks will bring home another championship. 2 titles in 3 years would be so, so nice.

impirius

I'm pretty excited about this year's edition of Gamecock basketball. Devan Downey is back along with a top 25 recruiting class. But the new uniforms hurt my heart.

F608848.JPG

^ he looks way to low in his jump to have made that to the rim, it looks like he's about to pull a dwight howard and throw it through the hoop. Is there a video of it?

impirius

lakesideflight said:
^ he looks way to low in his jump to have made that to the rim, it looks like he's about to pull a dwight howard and throw it through the hoop. Is there a video of it?

Unfortunately, all I can find is one more picture. It's gonna be close... :lol

F608849.JPG

UK completely dominated tonight's exhibition game against Clarion.

117-52

yeah, it was Clarion, but we looked good. our team is 6'6 or taller, except for our 2 super PG's - 6'1 bledsoe and 6'4 wall.

our season officially starts Nov. 13. i'm pumped.

UNC v. FIU tonight - Isiah Thomas v. Roy Williams.

OSU v. Alcorn St.

California v. Murray

and Syracuse-can-you-believe-we-lost-an-exhibition-game-against-D2-LeMoyne v. Albany.

I know there are some OSU, UNC, Cal, and 'Cuse fans on here. get excited...college basketball is BACK!

kkaabboomm said:
I know there are some OSU, UNC, Cal, and 'Cuse fans on here. get excited...college basketball is BACK!
Yeah, I'll catch a bit of the Cal-Murray game tonight and see how the Bears are looking.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
kkaabboomm said:
UNC v. FIU tonight - Isiah Thomas v. Roy Williams.

OSU v. Alcorn St.

California v. Murray

and Syracuse-can-you-believe-we-lost-an-exhibition-game-against-D2-LeMoyne v. Albany.

I'm not a fan of any of those teams but I'm still excited! I will watch any college basketball I can get. Hell I'm just about to watch my 3 Big Ten exhibition game. Illinois vs Quincy.

I think the Illini will have about the same record as last year, but will be a more talented and dangerous team come March. It all falls on the juniors to carry the team while the babies go through the transition patch. I say they win 23 games and make it past the 1st round this time.

My Big 10 Standings Prediction

1. Michigan State
2. Purdue
3. Michigan
4. Illinois
5. Ohio State
6. Minnesota
7. Wisconsin
8. Indiana
9. Northwestern
10. Penn State
11. Iowa

Michigan surprises, Ohio State disappoints. 6 teams make the Dance, with a few folks whining about a Wisconsin exclusion. NU turns out to be not as good as everyone thought.

DukeSucks

anyone watching UNC - FIU? Looking a little sloppy. Ginyard and Thompson are playing solid, Drew looks a little more confident than I expected.

Love the throwback unis.

So excited CBB is back.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Outdoor Miner said:
I think the Illini will have about the same record as last year, but will be a more talented and dangerous team come March. It all falls on the juniors to carry the team while the babies go through the transition patch. I say they win 23 games and make it past the 1st round this time.

1. Michigan State
2. Purdue
3. Michigan
4. Illinois
5. Ohio State
6. Minnesota
7. Wisconsin
8. Indiana
9. Northwestern
10. Penn State
11. Iowa

Michigan surprises, Ohio State disappoints. 6 teams make the Dance, with a few folks whining about a Wisconsin exclusion. NU turns out to be not as good as everyone thought.

Who would be surprised by us finishing 3rd?

Amory

I love college basketball season. The whole campus (UConn) gets so fired up.

I got tickets this year :D

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Got tickets to Texas vs UNC in Dallas, Texas vs Michigan State at home and Texas vs Kansas at home.

I could potentially see 3 top 5 matchups this year if things work out.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
StoOgE said:
Got tickets to Texas vs UNC in Dallas, Texas vs Michigan State at home and Texas vs Kansas at home.

I could potentially see 3 top 5 matchups this year if things work out.

Now buy me some tickets to Michigan vs Kansas. :D

Outdoor Miner said:

1. Michigan State
2. Purdue
3. Michigan
4. Illinois
5. Ohio State
6. Minnesota
7. Wisconsin
8. Indiana
9. Northwestern
10. Penn State
11. Iowa

Probably about what I would choose for the Big Ten, but maybe switch MSU and Purdue, either way at the end of the season I think those two teams will be fighting for the conference.

NewLib

Banned
Tonight is the first full night of college basketballs with most teams starting their seasons tonight or tommorow. Still the first week of the season usually isnt known for good matchups. Still there are some interesting games this weekend:

Mississippi State v. Rider - Rider is actually a pretty good team this year and could challenge Siena in the MAAC. Sadly this game isnt on television (What channel is XOS?), but I be interested to see how Miss St. looks early.

Kentucky v. Morehead State - Actually a fairly difficult game to start with Kentucky. Morehead St. is the likely OVC Champ and Kentucky will be without John Wall. Will be interesting to see how Kentucky gets ball movement without John Wall playing.

Butler v. Davidson - This game is misleading because Davidson isnt nearly as good without Curry, but it be interesting to see if Butler can show it deserves a Top 10 Ranking and take care of business here.

Dayton v. Creighton - Probably the best game of the weekend. Another game which will kind of show where these mad majors program really are at. Creighton going to be in the thick of the race to win MVC, which could produce multiple bids, while Dayton starts off the season ranked after a few underwhelming seasons the last few years.

Texas Tech v. Oregon State - Two Major Conference teams which really are going in opposite directions. Oregon State has been rebuilding slowly and might actually be competitve this year, while TT is in freefall mode and might be the worst team in the Big 12. Only reason this game is here is because the weakness of the competition for most games this weekend.

Expect to see an upset or two but outside of the Dayton/Creighton game, no ranked team should lose this weekend. The season should really start to pick up on Tuesday with Kansas/Memphis and Michigan State/Gonzaga.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Duquesne season opener tonight, consider me excited as all hell. We may not be a Pitt or Texas or anything like that, but we've got a great team with a damn good personality on the court. All the players are awesome guys and I love watching them play.

Slizz

Got my season tickets for University of Miami basketball the other day. I must say we have been on the cusp of being a good team for about 3 years now(good meaning top 25 and maybe a win or 2 in the tourney) I have faith in Haith but I really want to see more this season....

I'm sure the team and myself are really going to miss Jack McClinton this year though =\

pxleyes

Banned
Hope we make the tourney again this year. Getting too far removed from our titles, granted our reloading process didn't go as planned.

NewLib

Banned
pxleyes said:
Hope we make the tourney again this year. Getting too far removed from our titles, granted our reloading process didn't go as planned.

SEC East is so stacked this year. It would not surprise me if 5 out of the 6 teams made the NCAA Tourney.

i'm headed downtown for a pregame drink then taking my seat in lower Rupp Arena to watch the upcoming National Champions UK crush Moorehead State, even without our #1 PG. Bledsoe is like John Wall only like a smidgeon not amazing, which still makes him beyond amazing.

lets hear it for the official start of UK's season!!

JCX

It's kind of bad that I haven't gone to a college basketball game yet. The Izzone requires too much commitment for me.

GreekWolf

Eh... you guys have fun. This ain't gonna be a banner year for dear ol' Tiger High. :'(

Oh, what could have... SHOULD have been...

rivals.jpg

NewLib

Banned
Absolutely pathetic first half. Just get the ball to Patterson. This game just shows how much Kentucky needs Wall. Bledsoe is still too turnover-prone.

NewLib

Banned
jjasper said:
Patterson shooting 3's? Yup Cal is the coach.

Well to be far its for his own benefit. If he is to play in the NBA, he isnt big enough to be a center. He is going to have to learn to hit the outside shot to be a good PF.

jjasper

NewLib said:
Well to be far its for his own benefit. If he is to play in the NBA, he isnt big enough to be a center. He is going to have to learn to hit the outside shot to be a good PF.

That is true. Watching Tyler Smith learn to shoot 3's last year was painful. Rumor has it he has gotten better, but I'll believe it when I see it. We don't need him to shoot them though cause this year cause we got a token white guy to shoot 3's this year.

SyNapSe

Blackface said:
Oklahoma is over-rated this year, even at their current ranking.

wat, I was impressed with their kids in the McD's game. I thought they really stood out along with Lance Stephenson for me but I was admittedly watching it sparingly. Combine that with Willie Warren who probably isn't a household name but likely will be by the end of the year and they have a lot of potential.

SyNapSe

Deadly Cyclone said:
What's that behind his head? CYCLONES! Damn you, damn...you.

Second note: Go Iowa State! We still have Brackins, NCAA tourney finally?

It's too bad Wesley Johnson transferred away, it seems he's getting some serious hype @ the cuse. He definately looked impressive at ISU as a frosh

NewLib

Banned
Final score is closer than the game was. Freshmen need to learn to not stop playing when up big. Bledsoe really turned it around in the second half and played well. I cant wait to see him and Wall on the same court.

eznark

Banned
Good God. Tom Crean is blacker than 80% of his team. He looks like Kramer in that episode where he was dating a black chick.

Silkworm

NewLib said:
Mississippi State v. Rider - Rider is actually a pretty good team this year and could challenge Siena in the MAAC. Sadly this game isnt on television (What channel is XOS?), but I be interested to see how Miss St. looks early.
Well, crap. Good call. I didn't know Rider was actually a good team. Pardon the pun, but Miss State is in a dog fight at the moment. Hopefully they'll win and join UK and UT (who has finally started to pull away from Austin Peay) with wins for the SEC tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom