• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
giga said:
Hewitt isn't dumb enough to offer 250k for that scrub. Telfair even later said that the guy who offered him the money wasn't a GT official.

Oh--I'm just playing. That claim was a bit too out there--coaches are much wilier than that. I'd say the Pitino family organizing a nice payday for his coach was the real story of Bassy's recruitment. That and Kentucky stealing Rondo away by letting him know he was wanted.

It's just that Kentucky has always run a clean program, and our current coach is committed to doing things The Right Way™ (that would be a great motivational book title), so I'm hyper sensitive to all of the dirty programs out there.

devilhawk said:
I agree. They're new coach personifies it. Same with his recruiting buddy WWW.

walldance.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
giga said:
UNC lost 49 - 124 to Tennessee. :lol

asheville

No, UNC lost to Duke tonight by almost 50

Charlotte

Honestly, the holes with have their hands full with Ohio State on Thursday. GO BUCKEYES! PLEASE!

GreekWolf

Welp, the bloodbath is about to begin. Not to act like a total pansy, but when your limited to 8 scholarship players, and Pierre Niles is your only hope to battle Cole Aldrich... the spread is probably not in jeopardy.

come on gonzaga. MichSt up 71-70 with 1:08 to go

GreekWolf said:
Welp, the bloodbath is about to begin. Not to act like a total pansy, but when your limited to 8 scholarship players, and Pierre Niles is your only hope to battle Cole Aldrich... the spread is probably not in jeopardy.

yeah well Memphi's coach has a MONSTER recruiting class for next year

SyNapSe

I hate this, it always seems like they cut into nearly a quarter of our game. When we saw the cut-in earlier it looked like Kansas was up 2-0 and X.Henry shot a 3 and missed.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Fuck yea MSU. Not a pretty win, but a win non the less over a pretty good Gonzaga team. We need to get an established big man....fucking Tom Herzog.

SyNapSe

man memphis should totally be winning but it seems no-one let them know that it's not ok to brick horrific looking 3's over and over.

GreekWolf

SyNapSe said:
man memphis should totally be winning but it seems no-one let them know that it's not ok to brick horrific looking 3's over and over.
Ironically, perimeter shooting was supposed to be our strength this year :lol

Wow, all things considered, I'm pretty impressed we're hanging tough. And I still hate Niles as much as I hate Louisville.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
SyNapSe said:

We loved Email and hated to see him leave but every Duke fan cringed when he would jack up a three. It always made a distinctive THOK sound and the ball would just sort of fall off the rim like a dead bird. I hope it improves for him.

max_cool said:
Either Gonzaga is a top 20 team or MSU ain't the 2nd best in the country, maybe it's a little of both

little bit of both, msu is probably a top ten team, maybe not 2, we'll see when they visit UNC and Texas. Gonzaga is definitely a top 25 team though, not sure why they aren't ranked.

NewLib

Banned
max_cool said:
Either Gonzaga is a top 20 team or MSU ain't the 2nd best in the country, maybe it's a little of both

Or maybe we should stop judging college teams after the second game of the season. I would say Michigan State looks better than a lot of teams since they actually beat a team with talent unlike beating up on some patsy by 40.

Edit: I really like to see Memphis win here, just to send the College Basketball world into chaos.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Jesus, that Duquesne win almost killed me. I dunno what the hell happened to them in the 2nd half but my man Bill Clark pulled through in the end as always and we won by 2 points. :D

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lakesideflight said:
little bit of both, msu is probably a top ten team, maybe not 2, we'll see when they visit UNC and Texas. Gonzaga is definitely a top 25 team though, not sure why they aren't ranked.
They might sneak a win against UNC, but there is no way MSU is going to beat Texas.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Preseason rankings are lulz

This is what the #1 team in the country looks like?

meh, second game of the season, but both games turned out to be worth watching. Memphis and Gonzaga definitely deserve top 25 rankings even with close losses.

GreekWolf

I honestly have no idea how we even had a shot to win this game. :lol

GG, Jayhawks. Let's do it again next year when we actually have some decent players!

I guess both KU and MSU should have scheduled Div. II patsies instead of some damn good teams in Gonzaga and Memphis. I'm sure them beating up on UNC-Kockasmoke by 80 points would have told us a lot more about the teams.

AntoneM

Sun Devils vs. Blue Devils next week, should be interesting with Boateng transferring from Duke a couple seasons ago and the history of Sendek and Krzyzewski going back to Sendek's NC State days.

SyNapSe

GreekWolf said:
I honestly have no idea how we even had a shot to win this game. :lol

GG, Jayhawks. Let's do it again next year when we actually have some decent players!

You guys shot a terrible 34% from the field, but you had a lot more shots. The announcers said we literally had more turnovers than FGs that game. :( The periods where Sherron was out were brutal and that's how you eeked back in it late.

I don't think the 12 unforced turnovers would concern me much if we had played the other freshmen more but Trob and Elijah only played a couple of minutes. Instead it was our supposed new superstar on the rise Tyshawn Taylor. He played a terrible, terrible game. I'm pretty sure if Morningstar or CJ Henry would have been available he wouldn't have played near as many minutes based on his performance.

You guys should be pretty tough this year when you shoot well from the outside though. It seemed like you only had 2 "big guys"; that is going to be tough if they can't avoid foul trouble.

edit: When I say "Eeked", I mean we had a 7 or 8 point lead there but you guys slowly chipped away at it. Which sounds weird because that's not many points but both teams were just scoring so slow :lol

Cal - Syracuse and UNC - Ohio State tonight from MSG. This mini-tournament will be a good early test for Cal. I feel like they're ranked a little higher than they should be, but maybe they'll surprise me. In any case, it'll be a good experience for them to play some tough games on the road.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Great day of basketball. Dayton won the days first big match up 63-59 over Ga Tech. Now George Mason is giving Nova all they can handle.

Bowser

Worried about the OSU game tonight, the Heels haven't looked very good to start the season (though it's to be expected with such a young team). I think we're gonna suffer a few early losses during this nonconference schedule, but it'll make the team tougher and be some good experience for later in the season.

looking at the schedule for the next few weeks... tOSU - Cal/Cuse - MSU - UK - Texas. only one of those in Chapel Hill - Spartans. Cats and Wall in Rupp. Longhorns in Dallas... and the home game, after the last few years, the Heels are really REALLY "due" to come up short against Izzo. I wouldn't be shocked at losing both of the games at this tournament in NY. Dexter Strickland or John Henson, one or the other, needs a breakout game tonight. maybe Strickland will turn it on for the sorta hometown crowd.

good lord. i'll take 3 wins from that gauntlet of death in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

perfectchaos007 said:
Wow Kentucky gave up 92 points to Sam Houston? lol. good thing Kentucky scored 102

wow, one of their players, corey allmond, was 11 for 16 of 3's, and ended up with 37 points. he hit 8 3's in the first half.

we did play well, but sloppy at much of the time.

bachikarn said:
yeah, I don't think Kentucky is going to be THAT good this year.

i do. we're learning every game. watching us you see talent OOZE out of every pore. we get better each game. the last two games have set opponent individual 3 point records...8 by one kid on monday, then 11 tonight. near the end of the first half we were holding up the big paper "3"'s for the other kid. it was unreal.

we had 22 turn overs, 12 blocks, and 43 rebounds. our "pure shooter" dodson is in cal's doghouse, so he didnt even touch the court tonight.

we have talent, and we're gaining valuable experience.

3-0. 1991 wins. 9 to go.

jjasper

bachikarn said:

Oh they will be good. They will be in the top 15 all year but they aren't going to bring home a championship like Kentucky fans think they will.

NewLib

Banned
bachikarn said:

Team is too offensively talented not to be good, but they cant play defense.

Looks like a Bruce Pearl team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom