• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

jakncoke

Banned
Now that's more like it Tigers and Dawgs.

RoBo had a better debut surrounded by less talent. Won't really know until next year if he can absorb and then execute O'Brien's offense like McMoxie. I'm just glad it wasn't worse to the point where he loses confidence.

Was more impressed by the way John Butler kept a defense that could create pressure without blitzing a lot.

Allen Robinson is a boss

Also to be fair Robo faced Youngstown St :p

also 22-31 278 2-2 vs cuse and 22-29- 239 2 td - 1 int vs youngstown st. jus saying

LegoDad

McNeese State is destroying USF.. 33-7

Oregon State is up 3 on EWU..

Mizzou is up on Murray State. Seems like most scares aren't going to pan out..

Are neither of the big games on Watch ESPN or ESPN3?

should be on watchespn. but very few people get that.

Subitai

That sux for Georgia
Allen Robinson is a boss
Yeah, I'm worried he's gonna be leaned on too much. Hackenberg needs to get more/better chemistry with the TEs to punish blitzing. Then Robinson can really be unleashed. It's funny last year at beginning of the season it looked like the receiver talent was gone with Smith and Brown off the team.

Jeff-DSA

Hey guys, when you're winning and you've held the other team to less than 70 yards in the second half and you are in position to pin them deep with 2 minutes left, you should pass on 3rd down in a bad weather game, right?

RIGHT?!

diehard

Fleer
Hey guys, when you're winning and you've held the other team to less than 70 yards in the second half and you are in position to pin them deep with 2 minutes left, you should pass on 3rd down in a bad weather game, right?

RIGHT?!

Yes.

running on 3rd and long with 4 minutes left is asking to lose.

jjasper

Our backups are shit, but we didn't have a penalty in the first game. That is something I guess.

Oh well we did it. 800 win club shout out baby.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Our backups are shit, but we didn't have a penalty in the first game. That is something I guess.

Oh well we did it. 800 win club shout out baby.

Did peterman suck it up? My phone went quite after he came in.

Great sign on the penalties though, that's probably the most promising aspect I've heard about the game so far.

Lkr

I hope the teams struggling against their cupcakes drop in the rankings. Texas doesn't look like a top 30 team

squicken

McNeese State is destroying USF.. 33-7

Oregon State is up 3 on EWU..

Mizzou is up on Murray State. Seems like most scares aren't going to pan out..

should be on watchespn. but very few people get that.

Yeah I have uverse. Apparently there is something like RZC called ESPN Goal Line that I also get. Very cool

jjasper

Did peterman suck it up? My phone went quite after he came in.

Great sign on the penalties though, that's probably the most promising aspect I've heard about the game so far.

He wasn't great but neither was the 2nd and 3rd string oline or recievers so it isn't all on him. He missed a few throws and didn't run the zone read as well as Worley. It was pretty clear from this game why Worley won the starting job.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Murray's making all the right reads, but his accuracy is terribad so far. Zero chance for YAC as everyone's having to stop or dive for balls.

Who does a SC fan root for in this game between your biggest in state rival and your biggest conference rival?

impirius

Who does a SC fan root for in this game between your biggest in state rival and your biggest conference rival?

This is the rare game where I'm both intensely interested and don't have a rooting interest.

From a pragmatic perspective, a UGA win would be more helpful to the Gamecocks as it would preserve a #6 at #5 matchup next week. Clemson has a full season to build up its ranking before the big rivalry game even if they lose tonight.

That said, Clemson winning would keep the possibility of the first ever undefeated Carolina-Clemson game alive...

Top Bottom