• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
721428_f520.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I hate how Mizzou would be this big upset despite being the better team than Auburn for most of the year. They also have the better loss IMO losing in OT to another top 10 team.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
OSU channeled the wrong team on that last play. Went for Auburn, got Bama instead.

Also, Big12 is not supposed to have a championship game, what is this?!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I hate how Mizzou would be this big upset despite being the better team than Auburn for most of the year. They also have the better loss IMO losing in OT to another top 10 team.

But Auburn has magic on their side.

If LSU is any indication maybe it doesn't work against other tigers though... Auburn might be screwed.

Karl2177

Worse losses only matter if your team isn't the SEC! Otherwise, if it's in the SEC, who gives a fuck? MNCs for everyone!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Sugar Bowl is fun. Went to the one in 03? Whenever it was we played Georgia and got spanked. Saw lots of boobies.

Balphon

To elaborate further:

Fiesta: Champion
Cotton: 2nd Pick
Alamo: 3rd Pick
Buffalo Wild Wings (?): 4th Pick
Holiday: 5th Pick

REMEMBER! That's not based on standings, that's pick. Cotton can pick any team it wants, not necessarily the second place team.

Might make the Cotton if Texas wins. Could even be an at-large out of the Big 12.

Draconian

It's hilarious how most of these coaches with no huddle offenses just treat the game like it's NCAA Football 13 and go for it on 4th down in completely dumb situations. Oregon and Baylor do this crap all the time and I love it when it blows up in their faces.

Balphon

Cotton going to take the loser of the SEC championship?

Maybe if it's Auburn and the Capital One Bowl takes LSU. Capital One Bowl picks first among non-BCS SEC teams.

EDIT: Further research suggests they might be obligated to take Mizzou in that circumstance as well if they lose. Not really sure if that overrides the division ties for the Cotton/Outback Bowls. It's rather complicated. This thread seems to have it figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom