• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 2| - Directional schools: Pay to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'm still shocked that A&M actually hired a negro head coach.
#dead

Anyway, fuck the AP.

And does my link work now? If not whatever, I'm traveling and my internet situation sucks balls. I'll fix it later if not.

Have any of you ever been to Palatka, FL? Fuck its like nobody thought of WiFi. Just 6 more hours!.... I'm working off 1G right now. 1G! dat GPRS cell connection.

Ugh, Cal's starting safety Avery Sebastian is out for the season with a torn achilles. That secondary is going to get torched this year.

KingGondo

Banned
Have any of you ever been to Palatka, FL? Fuck its like nobody thought of WiFi. Just 6 more hours!.... I'm working off 1G right now. 1G! dat GPRS cell connection.
I remember in 2003 or so, my college friend had a Nokia that had wireless data, and it was freaking mindblowing.

Couldn't do much more than access text emails and sports scores and stuff, but still...

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I know. I wish we had Tennessee this week. :(

funny-gifs-haha-good-one.gif

Limedust

Article on Bell.

- He has his degree.
- He played against VT.
- He says he is leaving football to take care of his kids.
- Mildly relevant, but he was supposedly raised by a single mother, so I imagine there is some motive to be a better father than he had.

Article on Bell.

- He has his degree.
- He played against VT.
- Mildly relevant, but he was supposedly raised by a single mother, so I imagine there is some motive to be a better father than he had.

wonder if he can go get on a practice squad somewhere, they make really good money still.

ag-my001

(FRI) Wake Forest @ Boston College by 7
Florida @ Miami by 8
South Florida @ Michigan State by 10
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 5
Oregon @ Virginia by 24
South Carolina @ Georgia by 7
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 9
Navy @ Indiana by 6
Texas @ BYU by 8
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 14
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 12
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 7

Also, I'll choose to believe that TTK left out the A&M game on the main schedule due to a copy/paste error and not as part of an elaborate scheme to slight the Aggies.

I like how Baylor moved up the rankings just because they slaughtered a good fcs team. That was a rarity last weekend and the pollsters rewarded them for it.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
ugh, looks like Alabama's Kenny Bell is quitting football, at least by his Twitter account.

Article on Bell.

- He has his degree.
- He played against VT.
wut
Roll Irish!!!
The fuck is this shit?

JHall

Seriously. After seeing Jameis go nuts last night, I gotta wait nearly two weeks to plant my ass in Doak.

Believe the hype. But for the first time in a looonnnggggg time, I feel the D needs more work than the offense. Must be Pruitt's new schemes. Just not used to it yet. We gave up a couple big plays that should've never happened. I'm sure we'll get the kinks worked out by the Bethune-Cookman or Boston College games.

Only team in the top 25 to win and slip two spots.

GO GATA

They use all of their cognitive thinking abilities academically, so there's little room for creativity on internet forums.

Winston leapfrogs the Gatas to the #10 spot. It's a good week. Now time for that #26 Miami upset.

How cute, he believes FSU is back.

It depends on how old you are. If you are over 100, then yes. If you were born in the 40s or 50s, 60s or 70s (except 1959), then no. If you were born after 1978 to 1980something, yes. If you were born between 1993-now: SECSECSEC.

lol well said. I think you're exactly right.

<-- born in 77

Talon

It depends on how old you are. If you are over 100, then yes. If you were born in the 40s or 50s, 60s or 70s (except 1959), then no. If you were born after 1978 to 1980something, yes. If you were born between 1993-now: SECSECSEC.
They didn't play because the Michigan coach got pissy at Notre Dame and didn't want to play them. So ND started playing Mich St.

Hooray, children.

cashman

Banned
I've been telling you guys, that the next Heisman winner will be Nick Marshall. He's a dual threat Juco QB who is attending Auburn and was offered by Texas to play Safety.

They didn't play because the Michigan coach got pissy at Notre Dame and didn't want to play them. So ND started playing Mich St.

Hooray, children.

It's kind of funny that the Big 10 of old didn't want Notre Dame because Catholics are Satan, and now Notre Dame doesn't want to play Big 10 schools because winning (or losing) to them makes you look weak.

Regarding Kirk at Iowa: I have a friend who is an alum of Iowa who is a big time fan and thinks that they shouldn't fire him because they would just "go back to being mediocre." I told him that dollar signs only equal wins when it's going to players.

Kevtones

Wake Forest by 3
Florida by 1
Michigan State by 10
Cincinnati by 20
Oregon by 28
South Carolina by 7
Northwestern by 14
Indiana by 17
BYU by 3
Oklahoma by 18
Arkansas State by 13
Michigan by 3

From some dude on twitter.

Mark May just said he watched Notre Dame-Michigan growing up. May was born in 1959. ND and UM did not play between 1943 and 1978

LMAO

that headline :)

The act of May and Holtz isn't football analysis, it's performance art. It's taking a side and debating it, no matter if it's based in reality or not. Making up childhood stories is a small thing to be quite honest, but it's symbolic of the May-Holtz charade as the least palatable element of ESPN's otherwise excellent coverage of the sport. It's more important to stir up fanbases and stoke fires and debate talking points than base anything in fact.

The surprise is that this didn't happen sooner.

Denali

Anyone else in a Yahoo College Pick 'Em league? The particular one I joined has the Yahoo default games option selected, and we're doing straight up, confidence points selections. It seems kind of silly that the number of games can vary from week-to-week, especially considering that we also have agreed to drop the lowest scoring week.

Week 1 had 20 games to set your picks for, ranking them from 20 to 1 in confidence points; making for a max of 210 points. Now, week 2 has 25 games, ranking from 25 to 1, for a max of 325 points.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Kenny Bell given a personal day off, Saban says he'll be at practice tomorrow. SO WHO KNOWS.

Worst case, Saban gave him a day to reconsider, leading up to a "glancing at the entrance, waiting to see #7 walk through the door" moment.

(FRI) Wake Forest @ Boston College by 4
Florida @ Miami by 6
South Florida @ Michigan State by 4 (DOES IT MATTER, WHOEVER WINS, WE ALL LOSE)
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 4
Oregon @ Virginia by 18
South Carolina @ Georgia by 4
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 12
Navy @ Indiana by 4
Texas @ BYU by 6
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 6
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 11
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 4

andycapps

lol he's a funny kid and hates talking to the media.

@SethEmerson: Todd Gurley disagrees with Todd Gurley being named the SEC offensive player of the week: "I think Jordan Matthews should have gotten it."

andycapps

Kenny Bell given a personal day off, Saban says he'll be at practice tomorrow. SO WHO KNOWS.

Worst case, Saban gave him a day to reconsider, leading up to a "glancing at the entrance, waiting to see #7 walk through the door" moment.

Florida @ Miami by 6
South Florida @ Michigan State by 4 (DOES IT MATTER, WHOEVER WINS, WE ALL LOSE)
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 4
Oregon @ Virginia by 18
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 12
Navy @ Indiana by 4
Texas @ BYU by 6
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 6
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 11
You didn't pick anyone for the UGA/SC game.

(FRI) Wake Forest @ Boston College by 13
Florida @ Miami by 10
South Florida @ Michigan State by 10
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 17
Oregon @ Virginia by 28
South Carolina @ Georgia by 10
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 13
Navy @ Indiana by 14
Texas @ BYU by 10
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 4
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 7
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 13

LegoDad

GAF Pick'em Week 2 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

Florida @ Miami by 4
South Florida @ Michigan State by 18
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 9
Oregon @ Virginia by 18
Navy @ Indiana by 11
Texas @ BYU by 9
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 18
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 9

cdyhybrid

GAF Pick'em Week 2 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

Florida @ Miami by 4
South Florida @ Michigan State by 18
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 9
Oregon @ Virginia by 18
Navy @ Indiana by 11
Texas @ BYU by 9
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 18
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 9

I'm glad you haven't abandoned us after last week. All our Oregon State posters have gone MIA =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom