• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 3| Kiffen/Brown Farewell Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God no PSU in the pick em. I think last year it was almost every week and it was painful to always go homer even though I knew they would probably lose.

Should be a good game this week. Interesting that it is a night game.

Except for that whole offense part

Yeah should be a good one. I just saw that PSU has elected to make this a white-out game this week. Hopefully UCF elects to go with their all black uniforms and alternate black helmets.

Draxal

Yeah should be a good one. I just saw that PSU has elected to make this a white-out game this week. Hopefully UCF elects to go with their all black uniforms and alternate black helmets.

Probably a little too early to go to all black, lots players cramping and the black does add to the heat.

ag-my001

(THU) TCU @ Texas Tech by 10
Louisville @ Kentucky by 21
UCLA @ Nebraska by 4
Fresno State @ Colorado by 11
Boston College @ USC by 4
Alabama @ Texas A&M by 17***
Georgia Tech @ Duke by 7
Ohio State @ California by 13
Mississippi State @ Auburn by 8
Ole Miss @ Texas by 10
Oregon State @ Utah by 10
Wisconsin @ Arizona State by 6

***I'll consider it a moral victory if the game is any closer. Our defense is nowhere near where it was last year.

Schmitty

Yeah, every game under the lights gets the White Out treatment. That would be a stark contrast of colors.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke really doesn't need to be in pick em this week. We don't have either our starting QB or back up QB available.

I will say that if there is a god, and a just god at that, Ted Roof leaves Durham giving up a shitload of points and a loss again.

:(

pxleyes

Banned
Finally catching back up from a busy weekend.

So sad about that UCLA player. A life cut too short. Unfortunately the latest media darling will get more coverage than this kid's death.

Thank god for a bye week. We can't turn it over when we aren't on the field, right?

Fuck Jeff Driskel and our lack of a receiver worth a damn.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Jakeem Grant is not a large man.

bt4Og3N.jpg

mcgruber

Over/Under on Tyrone Willingham becoming the next coach of the USC Trojans?

Isn't usc one of the schools Peterson would leave for? Have coaches ever left for schools in conference(if that's even allowed)? I would think they could buy someone who's already had success in the PAC

bachikarn

Fuck Jeff Driskel and our lack of a receiver worth a damn.

This is actually wrong. Our WRs are A LOT better (mainly thanks to Joker Philips). They actually run good routes now and we had some guys wide open deep. Driskel just missed them or would check down for a short gain.

Actually our passing game in general was kind of fine, except in the red zone, where it was god awful.

Draxal

Teddy Greenstein saying that USC or Texas could pry Fitzgerald from NW (which would be very hard due to him being an alum).

I could see Petersen going to USC, they're going to be stacked with premium talent even with the scholarship reductions.

If Strong is ever going to bounce from Ville, this is going to be the year with Teddy going to the NFL.

Btw: What do people consider the top ten premium teams (with attendance/history/sustainability) taking a key part.

I see it as

USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Notre Dame, Michigan, tOSU, PSU. (not in order)

I really should have Nebraska and LSU/Tennessee (over the other Sec teams) in that list, but modern Tennessee is going to take a long time to get out of that hole they built and I just see Nebraska weakening without Oklahoma(and to a lesser extent Texas). I see PSU bouncing back, and their attendance is amazing. FSU/Miami is just too noveau; but then again Florida is kinda too ... ugh.

mcgruber

Teddy Greenstein saying that USC or Texas could pry Fitzgerald from NW (which would be very hard due to him being an alum).

I could see Petersen going to USC, they're going to be stacked with premium talent even with the scholarship reductions.

If Strong is ever going to bounce from Ville, this is going to be the year with Teddy going to the NFL.

Briles to texas? I know baylor plays close to the edge on violations, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Austin.

I kinda hope both USC and Texas meet in a bowl game this year. More than likely both will need winning records for that to happen which is unlikely. But I would love to see both USC and Texas take their 7-5 records to the Holiday Bowl. Losing coach gets fired, winning coach....still probably gets fired.

cdyhybrid

Premium to who? Your average football fan, recruits, potential coaches?

Will only be a few teams that are on all those lists :p

Draxal

Premium to who? Your average football fan, recruits, potential coaches?

Will only be a few teams that are on all those lists :p

Yeah, its a pretty hard metric to make, for example Miami is going to be insanely popular for recruits and they have had the national titles but the attendance woes that they have had makes me want to exclude them over a team like Nebraska which would never would have that issue but not be nearly as attractive for a recruit.

You can make it for what you think, I really ain't judging, just more curious than anything.

cdyhybrid

I guess this would just be present day, top-10 premium programs for me.

In no particular order:

USC
Alabama
Michigan
Ohio State
Texas
Oklahoma
LSU
Florida
Nebraska
Florida State

cashman

Banned
All I know is Texas is thought to be the most desirable job in the country, and they should be able to get anybody they want.

As for the premium programs I would say it goes something like:
Texas
USC
Alabama
Notre Dame
Michigan
Ohio St
Florida St.
Florida
Oklahoma
LSU
Oregon (I think they're here to stay)

What the hell happened to Tennessee

Da U and Ole Miss ranked in top 25!!!!

Hotty Toddy! Now I know its early but I am happy I have started following Ole Miss.

My Top 10 based on almost one year of watching CFB (I started watching in Week 4 last year):

Alabama
Texas A&M
Notre Dame
Ohio St
Oregon
South Carolina
Florida
LSU
Clemson
Louisville

Future top 10: Ole Miss and The U.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
My Top 10 based on almost one year of watching CFB (I started watching in Week 4 last year):

Alabama
Texas A&M
Notre Dame
Ohio St
Oregon
South Carolina
Florida
LSU
Clemson
Louisville

Future top 10: Ole Miss and The U.

This list definitely indicates you have much to learn about powerhouse teams. But that's okay.

I agree with cdyhybrid's list.

andycapps

UGA defensive end, Ray Drew, directing Redcoat Band after the win over South Carolina. Funny thing is he's an ordained minister, and I'm going to guess that he may actually know how to direct music.

http://youtu.be/hfseICb7JlE

chicko1983 said:
Alabama
Texas A&M
Notre Dame
Ohio St
Oregon
South Carolina
Florida
LSU
Clemson
Louisville

I admire the effort, but you're a little off if we're talking about top programs of all time.. In no particular order, my list:

Alabama
Florida
FSU
Ohio State
Michigan
Florida
Notre Dame
Georgia
USC
Texas
Nebraska

Quake1028

TCU by 4
Louisville by 21
UCLA by 4
Fresno State by 11
USC by 11
Alabama by 7
Georgia Tech by 17
Ohio State by 11
Mississippi State by 4
Texas by 4
Oregon State by 4
Wisconsin by 4

Quake1028

UGA defensive end, Ray Drew, directing Redcoat Band after the win over South Carolina. Funny thing is he's an ordained minister, and I'm going to guess that he may actually know how to direct music.

I admire the effort, but you're a little off if we're talking about top programs of all time.. In no particular order, my list:

Alabama
Florida
FSU
Ohio State
Michigan
Florida
Notre Dame
Georgia
USC
Texas
Nebraska

Derp?

Draxal

Alabama
Florida
FSU
Ohio State
Michigan
Florida
Notre Dame
Georgia
USC
Texas
Nebraska

I think you're missing Oklahoma (with 7 AP national championships), but it's a pretty strong list (just have it replace that second Florida).

FSU, has just me so confused, I should have them over PSU, especially since PSU has the Michigan and tOSU big boys in their division.

Schmitty

Alabama
Florida
FSU
Ohio State
Michigan
Florida
Notre Dame
Georgia
USC
Texas
Nebraska

How long are we going back? I think you have a pretty good list there but Florida hasn't really be good until recently, right? (early 90s and then 2000-on)

The other programs have been powerhouses for much longer

Quake1028

My Top 10 of all-time, no order:

Miami
Texas
Nebraska
Alabama
USC
Oklahoma
Notre Dame
Michigan
Ohio State
LSU/Florida/FSU/Tennessee/Penn State/UGA

andycapps

Oops. I rearranged them and forgot to remove the original, now they're both gone.

I think you're missing Oklahoma (with 7 AP national championships), but it's a pretty strong list (just have it replace that second Florida).

FSU, has just me so confused, I should have them over PSU, especially since PSU has the Michigan and tOSU big boys in their division.

Yeah let me update this, you're right. Oklahoma is more deserving than Florida. I tried to think about who were the most relevant over all time in each conference, as well as ND because it's obvious (even though I hate them).

Alabama
FSU
Ohio State
Michigan
Oklahoma
Notre Dame
Georgia
USC
Texas
Nebraska

How long are we going back? I think you have a pretty good list there but Florida hasn't really be good until recently, right? (early 90s and then 2000-on)

The other programs have been powerhouses for much longer

I debated that fact actually, which is definitely true. They're a program that sucked until Spurrier got there. Which is a fact most Gatas don't recognize, but I figured I'd be nice and include them. I fixed the glitch thanks to yours and Draxal's reasoning.

Jhriad

UCLA @ Nebraska by 7
UCLA @ Nebraska by 10
UCLA @ Nebraska by 4
UCLA @ Nebraska by 4
UCLA @ Nebraska by 4

I love the support but you guys might want to reconsider that choice if you're actually looking for points. Our defense is going to make the Texas D look amazing. I'll be choosing my team but I'm surprised so many of you are as well. You didn't see the Wyoming game though so I guess I can understand.

What's going on here

If you're not aware of what the original gif is from it's Jack Hoffman, a local Nebraska kid fighting pediatric brain cancer. That gif is from the Nebraska spring game. Here's a YouTube video. As has already been said that is a slightly edited version making light of the BYU/Texas game.

In no particular order:

USC
Alabama
Michigan
Ohio State
Texas
Oklahoma
LSU
Florida
Nebraska
Florida State

Good man. A stat that every announcer will harp on during every Nebraska game this year: Nebraska is only one of four programs to have at least 9 wins in each of the last 5 seasons. Those programs are Boise State, Oregon, Alabama, and Nebraska. Now if only we could use that consistency to progress to the next level... Nah, that's not gonna happen.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Me said:
I worry about that Texas game. From what I hear everybody is betting on UT but the line hasn't been moving accordingly. Last time I remember that happening was when everybody was betting on West Virginia over Tech last season and we saw how that turned out. I really want to pick Texas by 20 or so but somebody in Vegas really wants everybody to keep putting their money on UT.

What really sucks is that I KNEW what was going to happen in that game and I picked Texas by 4 anyway.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So, CBS is going to dedicate a camera to exclusively follow Manziel during the game on Saturday, even when he's on the bench: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mo...johnny-manziel-camera-eminem-brent-musburger/

They are calling it Johnny Cam. For the mega-showdown this Saturday at Kyle Field between Alabama and Texas A&M, CBS Sports has added an extra camera that will focus solely on Texas A&M quarterback and reigning Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel. "No matter where he is and no matter what part of the game it is, we will have a shot of it," said Craig Silver, the coordinating producer of college football for CBS Sports. "If he is anywhere in sight of that camera, we will catch it."

:J N C You cannot make this shit up.

andycapps

So, CBS is going to dedicate a camera to exclusively follow Manziel during the game on Saturday, even when he's on the bench: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mo...johnny-manziel-camera-eminem-brent-musburger/

:J N C You cannot make this shit up.

It's almost like they're trying to make everyone hate JFF. I'm hoping they actually have the dedicated camera on picture in picture for the whole game. That way even when we're watching a view of the play, we can see his reaction.

Oops. I rearranged them and forgot to remove the original, now they're both gone.

Yeah let me update this, you're right. Oklahoma is more deserving than Florida. I tried to think about who were the most relevant over all time in each conference, as well as ND because it's obvious (even though I hate them).

Alabama
FSU
Ohio State
Michigan
Oklahoma
Notre Dame
Georgia
USC
Texas
Nebraska

I debated that fact actually, which is definitely true. They're a program that sucked until Spurrier got there. Which is a fact most Gatas don't recognize, but I figured I'd be nice and include them. I fixed the glitch thanks to yours and Draxal's reasoning.

True. But the same goes for FSU/Bowden, just ten years earlier (he got there in 76, but weren't the national power for a few years). And they haven't been as relevant since the Jeff Bowden era. Gators became relevant in the 80s but Spurrier pushed them over the edge.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

In no particular order:

USC
Alabama
Michigan
Ohio State
Texas
Oklahoma
LSU
Florida
Nebraska
Florida State

Poor Ten-Ur-See:p Top 10 in wins all time, Right outside the top 10 in national championships (and have a more recent one than a few of these teams). Such is the power of The Dooley (or was it The Kiffikens. Or the Secret Witnesses Of Fulmernation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom