• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 8| The best X-loss teams in the nation

Pimpwerx

Winston thanked his entire team. Mad respect to the kid. It's easy to be cocky when you're being showered with praise, but he thanked everyone else around him. Sucks he's a Nole, but I like the kid anyway. PEACE.

Meier

1380521_537430702997664_2135566202_n.jpg

Dat Heisman pose.

Meier

Shit just saw Brandin Cooks' numbers in the first half of that game. My goodness. 9 catches for 215 yards and 1 TD plus 1 rush for 14 yards (TD).

My AP poll prediction for SEC teams tomorrow.

1. Alabama
9. Mizzou
13. Auburn
14. LSU
17. TAMU
18. SCAR
22. Georgia
23. Tennessee
25. Ole Miss

Others receiving votes:
Florida (20), Vanderbilt (8)

no votes: Kentucky, Miss St., Arkansas

They had a record breaking 8 teams in last week, I would love to see that record shattered this week.

Enfinit

1. Alabama
9. Mizzou
13. Auburn
14. LSU
17. TAMU
18. SCAR
22. Georgia
23. Tennessee
25. Ole Miss

Others receiving votes:

Under no circumstances should Georgia be ranked.

4-3 SEC team ranked? SECSECSEC amirite.

1. Alabama
9. Mizzou
13. Auburn
14. LSU
17. TAMU
18. SCAR
22. Georgia
23. Tennessee
25. Ole Miss

Others receiving votes:

They had a record breaking 8 teams in last week, I would love to see that record shattered this week.

Agree. Though I'd swap Auburn and LSU.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Under no circumstances should an SECSECSEC team drop more than 10 places after a conference loss on the road. Georgia should remain in the top 25

Shall we compare what Oregon did to this same SECSECSEC team on the road?

SEC is like the republican party...people keep voting for them to spite themselves. The more they lose the more we should put into the top 25 rite?

Balphon

Well, thats the air raid for ya. Looks like he's going to finish the game with 89 passes (attempted). He also tied the record of most completions with 58

Humorously, he was still well short of the record for passing yards in a game.

But yeah, helps when your team has 2 yards rushing on 13 attempts.

Humorously, he was still well short of the record for passing yards in a game.

But yeah, helps when your team has 2 yards rushing on 13 attempts.

No one will break the yardage record. At least, I can't possibly see it. Had 58 completions and was still 150+ yards short.

Undefeateds update

There hasn't been a non-SEC team since Oklahoma in 2008 to get a bid for the national championship game with a blemished record. So if your team is not in the SEC and you have a loss, you're probably out of luck. Anyways, here are the current 10 undefeated teams by conference.

AAC:
Louisville 6-1
Houston 5-1

ACC:
Clemson 6-1
Miami 6-0
Florida St. 6-0

Big 12:
Texas Tech 7-0
Baylor 6-0

B1G:
Ohio St. 7-0

MAC:
Northern Illinois: 7-0

MWC:
Fresno St. 6-0

Pac 12:
Oregon 7-0
UCLA 5-1

SEC:
Mizzou 7-0
Alabama 7-0

No undefeated teams in:
CUSA
Independents
Sunbelt
AAC

And just for shits and giggles, here is the winless list:

Temple 1-6
U-Conn 0-6
Southern Miss 0-6
New Mexico St. 0-7
Miami (OH) 0-7
Western Michigan 0-8
Hawaii 0-6
Georgia St. 0-7

editors note: Oregon State remains undefeated in FBS play

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

1. Alabama
9. Mizzou
13. Auburn
14. LSU
17. TAMU
18. SCAR
22. Georgia
23. Tennessee
25. Ole Miss

Others receiving votes:

A&M should be ahead of LSU. Their 2 losses are better. 7-0 Alabama and 6-1 Auburn over 4-3 UGA and whatever Ole Miss is (5-2?)

mcgruber

Of course he's not serious. Why would an SEC team drop 10 whole spots just because of a loss?

avatar bet? i can see lsu, tamu or sc dropping to 16,17, and 21, respectively

A&M should be ahead of LSU. Their 2 losses are better. 7-0 Alabama and 6-1 Auburn over 4-3 UGA and whatever Ole Miss is (5-2?)

auburn's best wins before today were ole miss and miss state/wash state....that georgia team is definitely a better loss considering who was still healthy

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Finally home. Another frustrating game to sit through. I have to say, Autzen is actually a pretty awesome place to watch a game. The fans are loud and know football. Also, I didn't encounter any of the douchiness I was warned about. The people I tailgated with and around were all fun!

My ranking of the undefeated teams:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. Ohio St
5. Baylor
6. Mizzou
7. Texas Tech
8. Miami
10. Northern Illinois and Fresno St

Kevtones

So the Pac 12 is now full of coach drama. Oregon's D-coordinator Nick Aliotti on Mike Leach:

“I’m kind of stunned by the fact that (Leach) would keep his quarterback and crew in there and throw the ball with 20 seconds left,” Aliotti said. “But he did. They want stats, and they got stats, but we got the most important stat.”

But then:

“That’s total bullshit that (Leach) threw the ball at the end of the game like that,” Aliotti said. “I think that’s low class.”

Not to leave out the troll:

“We’re going to have some great run stats. We might be No. 1 against the rush,” Aliotti said. “I’m loving that, on a positive note.”

AND FEUD

Finally home. Another frustrating game to sit through. I have to say, Autzen is actually a pretty awesome place to watch a game. The fans are loud and know football. Also, I didn't encounter any of the douchiness I was warned about. The people I tailgated with and around were all fun!

Good to hear! Where'd you stay? Curious if you hit any eateries as well...

Top Bottom