• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 8| The best X-loss teams in the nation

So the Pac 12 is now full of coach drama. Oregon's D-coordinator Nick Aliotti on Mike Leach:

But then:

Not to leave out the troll:

AND FEUD

Oregon's D coach can get over himself. If WSU was up 40 and was throwing for the endzone with seconds left, fine, but if the opposing team's coach who's losing just wants to get his guys more practice in the 2 minute drill even though a comeback is impossible at that point, so what? Oregon's 2nd team D could have risen to the occasion, but they did not. If Oregon's 2nd team D held off WSU's first team offense near the end, the Oregon coordinator wouldn't be salty

MIMIC

Banned
And just for shits and giggles, here is the winless list:

Temple 1-6
U-Conn 0-6
Southern Miss 0-6
New Mexico St. 0-7
Miami (OH) 0-7
Western Michigan 0-8
Hawaii 0-6
Georgia St. 0-7

There should be a bowl for the teams with the worst record. The Charmin Shits and Giggles Bowl =p

jjasper

My AP poll prediction for SEC teams tomorrow.

1. Alabama
9. Mizzou
13. Auburn
14. LSU
17. TAMU
18. SCAR
22. Georgia
23. Tennessee
25. Ole Miss

Others receiving votes:
Florida (20), Vanderbilt (8)

no votes: Kentucky, Miss St., Arkansas

They had a record breaking 8 teams in last week, I would love to see that record shattered this week.

Why we gotta be below Skaralina? What is sad is that if we don't fumble the game away against Georgia we would probably be ranked.

Also is Georgia the first team we can say lost a game because of this BS targeting rule?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Beating LSU at home on a perfect fall night is not a bad way to pass the time. I even saw way fewer obnoxious LSU drunks in the Grove than usual. Tessitore and Millen walked right by our tent and I told them they should do every Ole Miss game.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ITS FINALLY HERE.

TENNESSEE HATE WEEK, BITCHES.

With a guest appearance by FSU Dream Killing Week for my beloved Wolfpack.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
10373880485_851984be09_o.gif

Thank you for this.

jjasper

A week of hating hoothshound, fully body tattoos of a dead coach, and Bama lifelongs that have been through all the ups and downs since 2009.

Who do these kids think they are? They're getting a free education. Try living in the real world regardless of how much money this university or any other are making off you while handicapping your ability to make money.

really hate it when so many random people spout off things like that in the comment sections of stories like this without doing any homework

cajunator

Banned
Kind embarassing for Grambling given that Ruston and Monroe nearby manage to have pretty decent programs. The colleges down here in southern Louisiana fare much better. my ULL Ragin Cajuns are doing really well under Hudspeth.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Feels good to finally get that ranked monkey off our back. To bad our win was overshadowed by like five other upsets and FSU blowing Clemson out.

It really pisses me off that we fumbled that game away to Georgia. We would still control our destiny in the SEC East otherwise.

Jhriad

“That’s total bullshit that (Leach) threw the ball at the end of the game like that,” Aliotti said. “I think that’s low class.”

The fuck..? Oregon D-Coordinator really thinks he has a leg to stand on with his whining?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
as I've been slowly waking up, shaking off the effects of the gameday yesterday...

I've just realized, the "Meltdown Time" post is going to be War and Peace size.

Lonestar

nothing's getting done today, there are hundreds of pages of tears to read.

HUNDREDS.

THOUSANDS?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Oregon only really passes the eye test. Their only real opponents are a mediocre Tennessee team and a mediocre Washington team. Everybody who sees them knows they are a top 2-3 team, way better than Missouri, but I could kind of see computers ranking them fourth when score differential wouldn't be a factor.

The real issue is most of the SEC being ranked for no good goddamn reason.

Oregon only really passes the eye test. Their only real opponents are a mediocre Tennessee team and a mediocre Washington team. Everybody who sees them knows they are a top 2-3 team, way better than Missouri, but I could kind of see computers ranking them fourth when score differential wouldn't be a factor.

The real issue is most of the SEC being ranked for no good goddamn reason.

There's a perfectly good reason and that reason is SECSECSEC.

Lonestar

rewatching, looks like Vinnie Sunseri's injury was pretty much non-contact. Was jumpiing off that knee at the same time he was blocking (and the block was up high, not at the legs).

Haven't seen any results on the MRI, but Saban pretty much said "it's serious"

Enfinit

OMFG we could be 5 or 6 in the country tomorrow!
#6 seems absolutely realistic, maybe could even jump to #5. GameDay's going to be in Tallahassee that week if everything goes according to plan and FSU and Miami take care of business this upcoming week.

#3 FSU vs. #6 Miami. The second top ten matchup for the ACC in a single season! Who would've thought that?! If you had told me this at the beginning of the season (and that Mizzou was leading the SEC East), I would've told you to go buy my next lottery ticket.

Please beat FSU:(
Ain't gonna happen at home.

With a guest appearance by FSU Dream Killing Week for my beloved Wolfpack.
I'm sorry :-(

We're gonna be pissed because fuck you from last season. Plus 'ol Bobby's got our backs.

CBS Sports projections have Georgia ranked at 21 in the BCS.
That's such bullshit.

Piggus

Finally home. Another frustrating game to sit through. I have to say, Autzen is actually a pretty awesome place to watch a game. The fans are loud and know football. Also, I didn't encounter any of the douchiness I was warned about. The people I tailgated with and around were all fun!

Glad your experience was good! (Other than the outcome of the game, of course)

cashman

Banned
Top 25 Coaches Poll 10/20
1. Alabama (7-0) (57 first-place votes)
2. Oregon (7-0) (4)
3. Florida State (6-0) (1)
4. Ohio State (7-0)
5. Baylor (6-0)
6. Miami (Fla.) (6-0)
7. Missouri (7-0)
8. Stanford (6-1)
9. Texas Tech (7-0)
10. Clemson (6-1)
11. UCLA (5-1)
12. Oklahoma (6-1)
13. (tie) Oklahoma State (5-1)
13. (tie) LSU (6-2)
15. Texas A&M (5-2)
16. Louisville (6-1)
17. Auburn (6-1)
18. Fresno State (6-0)
19. Virginia Tech (6-1)
20. South Carolina (5-2)
21. Nebraska (5-1)
22. Northern Illinois (7-0)
23. Michigan (6-1)
24. Wisconsin (5-2)
25. Central Florida (5-1)

AP Poll

Look at them SECSECSEC jumps for Mizzou and Auburn.

Code:
1	Alabama (55)	7-0	1,495	1
2	Oregon (3)	7-0	1,427	2
3	FSU  (2)	6-0	1,395	5
4	Ohio State	7-0	1,309	4
5	Missouri	7-0	1,197	14
6	Baylor	        6-0	1,189	12
7	Miami (FL)	6-0	1,130	10
8	Stanford	6-1	1,118	13
9	Clemson	        6-1	927	3
10	Texas Tech	7-0	904	16
11	Auburn	        6-1	867	24
12	UCLA	        5-1	832	9
13	LSU	        6-2	739	6
14	Texas A&M	5-2	683	7
15	Fresno State	6-0	550	17
16	Virginia Tech	6-1	509	19
17	Oklahoma	6-1	501	18
18	Louisville	6-1	428	8
19	Oklahoma State	5-1	382	21
20	South Carolina	5-2	381	11
21	UCF	        5-1	345	32
22	Wisconsin	5-2	258	25
23	N Illinois	7-0	220	23
24	Michigan	6-1	169	26
25	Nebraska	5-1	117	27

Lonestar

I hope I see some ACCACCACC chants for Clemson's 6 spot drop after losing by 40+ at home. Right? RIGHT?

Enfinit

Best 1 loss team in the country.

Besides, Mizzou jumped 9 spots for beating a bad, injury ravaged Gata squad.

Mizzou jumped because they're undefeated in the SECSECSEC and they've been dominating against all of their opponents. Plus they're the clear and probable frontrunner to win the East.

Two undefeated SEC teams in the SEC Championship. Would actually be a good game.

Quake1028

Mizzou jumped because they're undefeated in the SECSECSEC and they've been dominating against all of their opponents. Plus they're the clear and probable frontrunner to win the East.

Two undefeated SEC teams in the SEC Championship. Would actually be a good game.

I think SCAR beats them next week actually.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I want to ask who the second undefeated team would be, but I'm actually feeling slightly better about the LSU game.

I don't think Mizzou is really that good, but they're probably better than SCAR.

Enfinit

Mizzou's got them at home and a lot of the game depends on how Conor Shaw's feeling. The cards are in Mizzou's favor right now unless SCAR can bottle up that anger from losing to Tennessee and crush them. Mizzou'll be the easy favorite going in.

I want to ask who the second undefeated team would be, but I'm actually feeling slightly better about the LSU game.
I personally don't think Bama's the #1 team in the country, but the way LSU's been playing Bama should get by them. Especially because it's in Tuscaloosa. Bama will go undefeated because of a soft ass schedule.

I know it happens all the time, but the worst thing about this weeks' polls is UCF being behind Louisville.
That's one thing I've never understood about polls. You beat a team that's ranked higher than you, thus implying they're better than you, then you beat them and they're still ranked higher than you. Wat?

How about Auburn being behind A&M?
But JFF doe.

Top Bottom