• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
For the rest, their housing is mostly newer, yeah. But you have to start somewhere. I'm not saying they have the traditions of A&M or UT, but it's not like they're anywhere near the status of a community college like they might have been 20 years ago.

Don't want to go round and round, so this will be my last post on it, but to be clear I was definitely talking about the conference armageddon many people think will happen sometime in the short term. Long term, 10+ years, they may be able to make themselves attractive. For now, though, they're still quite a long ways away.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
TV cameras focusing on Baylor's sideline cheer section always amuse me. They almost always end up panning out far enough that you can see the group is only like 15-20 feet wide.

Don't want to go round and round, so this will be my last post on it, but to be clear I was definitely talking about the conference armageddon many people think will happen sometime in the short term. Long term, 10+ years, they may be able to make themselves attractive. For now, though, they're still quite a long ways away.
Oh that makes sense. But that's why I was pointing out how I found it funny that the program isn't good enough now but the staff that runs it is ripe for immediate pickup to P5 programs.

Oh so you can come from out of bounds to recover a ball? I didn't know that.

You can't.

But I'm guessing the replay official wasn't even paying attention to that.

They just wanted to make sure the ball was out of Marshall's hands by the time he was out of bounds, nothing after that.

EDIT: Replay guys say that they thought Fant was re-established in the field of play before recovery

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Game over, FSU wins. Well played by Wake but tons of stupid penalties, badly called penalties, and lots of missing parts on offense/defense really hurt us today.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Oh that makes sense. But that's why I was pointing out how I found it funny that the program isn't good enough now but the staff that runs it is ripe for immediate pickup to P5 programs.

Making myself a liar about not posting about it any more (would have edited the old post if you hadn't responded yet) but even the 10+ years means I think that in 10+ years they'll be hoping to make themselves attractive enough to major conferences to think they'll be profitable in 20+ years.

Right in the absolute heart of oil country, and a full desperation mode Big 12 picked TCU (who has 1/4 the enrollment of Houston) instead of them. That should tell you a few things.

Kacar

I like how the announcers are confusing it with the basketball rule. You can't be the first to touch the ball. It's not about reestablishing in the field of play.

Edit: Tyvis.....

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
dumpster-fire.jpg

Making myself a liar about not posting about it any more (would have edited the old post if you hadn't responded yet) but even the 10+ years means I think that in 10+ years they'll be hoping to make themselves attractive enough to major conferences to think they'll be profitable in 20+ years.

Right in the absolute heart of oil country, and a full desperation mode Big 12 picked TCU (who has 1/4 the enrollment of Houston) instead of them. That should tell you a few things.
TCU had the benefit of private school money and winning for the past decade. It also took them being invited by the Big East first, which was a major conference at the time.

But of course you have to acknowledge that UH didn't even make themselves attractive to the imploding Big East until the last possible second.

He hated Jimbo. He actually switched to volleyball in his second year at FSU because he had such a bad experience working for the football team.

Now, he's just kind of quietly terrified of Urban. My uncle is a bit of a chatterbox and when he finally got to meet Urban, he apparently was talking his ear off. My cousin was horribly embarrassed and completely mortified. Urban is every bit as humorless as advertised.

Hahaha, that's pretty funny. Yeah, I can't imagine having a friendly chat with Urban.

Top Bottom